• I'm an excellent sleeper
    • I'm an average sleeper
    • I'm a terrible sleeper
    • I'm an insomniac
  2. 2. Do you like sleeping?

• Yes, I like sleeping
    • I'm neutral towards it
    • I don't like sleeping

It's always taken me a long time to fall asleep, even when I was younger, but that was because I daydreamed in bed (at night. Wut) because I thought my life was boring, I was lonely, and imagining something else was much more fun. I was like that throughout all of elementary school and the beginning of middle school during class, in the car, everywhere I went. I'd usually lie in bed for 2 or more hours doing that. I've started to grow out of it because my life has gotten less boring and lonely since I moved, so now it takes me around 20 minutes to fall asleep, I get about 7 hours of sleep, and I'm tired most of the day anyway. (not much better XD)

Well my thing is while I can stay up later and then fall asleep, I can not try going to bed much earlier than where I am set at. In essence it is far easier for me to shift my hours forward than to ratchet them back. It also means that if I have to wake up earlier than normal it is utterly worthless for me to try to go to bed a little earlier because it simply will not happen.

Generally I cant get to sleep until after 3am, I usually see sunup and then I get tired and sleep ALL day. The rare times I actually get in good sleep patterns, they don't last long. When I had a job I only just managed to keep it under control with help from sleep aid stuff.

I usually fall asleep and stay asleep, sometimes it will take longer than others, but when I do, I don't wake up until morning, and I usually get up fairly early, like 7 or 8, and it boggles my mind that people can sleep in until noon or 1, just seems crazy to me! Half of your day is gone.

I have trouble going to sleep, and once I am asleep, I have trouble getting up. I've slept through sirens, screaming at my door, even the smoke alarm right below my room.

Huh, that sounds like there was a fire at my house, there wasn't, those were all separate things.

Going to sleep is beyond irritating... too much goes on in my mind and it distracts me from falling asleep. It takes me hours to actually doze off. I'm not too keen on sleeping itself; mostly because I have frequent nightmares. I don't mind it when there aren't nightmares, though.

I'm a terrible sleeper. It's very strange, but I go to bed at a good time every night, but I'll just end up tossing and turning for hours. Now most of the time though, I take several Benadryl before I go to bed, and it'll put me right out. I'll usually end up making me sleep for around 6-9 hours, but when I wake up, I'm not tired whatsoever; which is a good thing because I usually have to get up at that time anyways.

~~

It really depends. I'll have these times where I'm up for two to three days in a row, but it usually only happens during the winter for some reason. Work has really helped in giving me a set sleep time.

But when I sleep, I am out. You could drive a car through my house and I wouldn't notice.

Just give me a dark place and a pillow and I'll snore for you :­o

I can sleep very quickly if all the conditions are met. Dim lighting, comfy headrest, and preferably some music from my personal playlist

I love sleeping. But for some reason at times I have a big issue sleeping when I'm not in my bed. It's usually if I'm at a hotel room or a guest room. But I usually do well in sleeping bags as well. I don't fall asleep fast though, it takes a while.

I am a really lightweight sleeper, anything can wake me up, if someone turn on the light for a second, that wakes me up, even the sound of a feather falling to the floor can wake me up (LOL), however, when I extremelly tired, I takes a quite a bit of effort to break my dreams.

It takes a while, like 15 to 30 minutes to go to have a meeting with Morpheus, but when I'm really tired I just need 5 minutes lol. I don't snore, I'm as smooth as a kitty, and I love the feeling of sleeping even though my sleeping schedule is completelly unorganized right now

I'm an average sleeper. I can have healthy sleeping habits at one point, and have unhealthy sleeping habits at another. It all has to do with your lifestyle and emotions really.

Most people struggle sleeping when they're depressed, and there is a lot of people depressed. I'm not saying everyone is, but I wouldn't be surprised if half the people on this site struggle through some sort've depression. If you're not depressed, than it's probably your lifestyle. Not enough physical activity, not enough mental activity, etc. This works vice-versa as well, too much physical activity, too much mental activity and so on. If not, then it's just yourself fighting sleep or insisting on not getting the required amount of sleep.

My sleeping schedule gets pretty hectic, but I'd say I'm a fairly average sleeper. I feel like a kid sometimes though, never wanna go to sleep when I need to, and never wanting to get out of bed when I have to. I'm a deep sleeper, though loud noises tend to jolt me awake. I can remember a few of my dreams, there mostly about girls. ;_; (not pevertadly) Usually a girl I fancy, though I'll get dreams of girls that haven't even crossed my mind. *sigh* Life of a teenager I guess.

Myself and Rainbow Dash salute you if you've read this far. I don't usually write this much (though it probably isn't that much), I just felt like typing. (I'm over 1000 characters)

Well, I'm trying to adjust my sleep schedule so that i can nap in the afternoon so i can stay up till about 4 AM doing pony things while my family thinks I'm asleep, but my parents (not knowing my real motivation) aren't too keen on me taking time out of my day to nap.

I really don't like that I have to sleep because I could be doing other things.

As for dreams, the last one I can actually remember having was years ago. I lost my ability to remember dreams :(

• 3 weeks later...

It seems for me that no matter how much I try I never fall asleep until 11:30 or 12:00 at night. Also, no matter how much sleep I get I always wake up tired in the morning. Especially when I know I have to get up for school the next day. My parents are always telling me I should go to bed earlier, but that would not help me feel more awake in the morning.

A good mattress makes a good sleeper. My old mattress that was dying severely impacted the quality of my sleep. My new mattress (spent a bit much on a tempurpedic) moves me up to the excellent category from somewhere between average and poor.

i'm a terrible sleeper, it usually takes me 1-2 hours to fall asleep and on ocasion i cant sleep at all it doesnt help that i now have to get up at 06:00 so thats 6 hours of sleep if i'm lucky and go sleep early, this is partly because of a hearing problem i have called tinitis (which is a constant ringing in my ears).

I love sleeping, but that doesn't mean I'm able to sleep anywhere though.

I can only sleep in a plane, car, bus, etc when I'm REALLY tired. If not, it's pretty hard for me to get a shut eye in noisy places. I'm also kinda hyperactive, so when I'm not asleep, I have to be doing something else. So yeah, we can say that I'm a horrible sleeper. :|

Well for me it takes a long time i have to get up for school at 530 everyday but i hate sleeping so much that i wind up staying up to like 2 or 3 in the morning watching youtube or just doing something time wasteful but then the next i hate getting up because i feel like crap