Chigens' Guide To Raising Snake Ponies.

Chigens and Kay

Snake Pony Guide.  

87 users have voted

1. 1. Did you find this guide helpful?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • Where can I get a Snake Pony!?

Well, by demand of this status I will write a guide detailing on how to raise your very own Snake Pony!

First off, What is a Snake Pony?

Well, a Snake Pony, Serpony, Ponaga, Lamia Pony, whatever you prefer, is exactly that. A combination of both snake and pony. The pony part being the head and torso and the snake part being the waist and down.

Examples:

post-1372-0-29913700-1346279315_thumb.jpg

post-1372-0-73115300-1346279345_thumb.png

post-1372-0-23079500-1346279408_thumb.jpg

Next: Hatching and Raising your Snake Pony.

Hatching your Snake Pony egg is no easy task, I assure you. You must keep the egg(s) at a relatively warm and steady temperature and constantly keep them moist. Vigilance is key because you do not want them to dry out or they could die D: That would be terrible!

After your little ones hatch, they like to feed on tiny insects and small plants. So keeping some of those around would help.

Being half snake, they need at least some sun to keep their temperatures up. An hour or two a day of sunbathing should prove sufficient, if not longer.

Watch out when they are teething, they may want to bite you. It is not fatal at a young age, but can cause discomfort or skin damage.

Shedding is a weird time in a Snake Ponies life as well. Just try to keep something abrasive that they could wrap around to allow them to shed easier.

If your Snake Pony wraps around you, don't panic, it is probably showing affection.

Third: Growing up and Maturity.

Snake Ponies do get cutie marks just like regular ponies. Push your Snake Pony in the direction of some of the things it likes to do and see what it's true talent is!

By this age in a Snake Ponies life, they will need to eat higher amounts of calories and other nutrients it needs. Being omnivores, this means that they do eat meat. Small rodents, birds, even fish sometimes, should prove sufficient. Snake Ponies prefer to eat fruits over vegetables as well, for some strange reason I never understood...

If your Snake Pony feels that it does not need your support anymore, do not hold it back. Snake Ponies prefer to be solitary creatures later in life. Let it go enjoy itself.

Miscellaneous Tips and Stuff.

Grooming and Clothing:

• Snake Ponies often adorn themselves with various paints, feathers, or jewelry. This is natural, just let them keep it.
  • They often only wear loincloths if they ever clothe them self at all. Maybe provide one for yours just in case.
  • Keep your Snake Ponies mane neat and tidy, as it does get dirty and tangled quickly.
Being Bitten and Treatment.

• If you do ever get bit by your Snake Pony, do not panic, as this will make the venom travel faster. Calmly make your way to the nearest facility that houses anti-venom whilst applying pressure to the wound.
  • However, if you are wrapped and bound by your Snake Pony, then bit, I'm sorry. You shouldn't live much longer...
Temperament and Emotions.

• Snake Ponies do get angered rather quickly, so try your best to be nice to them at all times.
  • They show affection much like a cat or dog, in the sense that you may just get a dead animal in your lap. > . >
  • Snake Ponies like sharp, shiny objects and are attracted to them. Do not get in their way when they have such a thing in their sight.
Various Magic Abilities.

• If your Snake Pony happens to be a Unicorn (sorry Snake Ponies cannot grow wings), their magic develops much like a regular Unicorn although it is much more limited.
  • They can usually only teleport small distances, levitate objects, and usually learn one special magic talent unique to them. For example: My Snake Pony can create branches and ledges to wrap onto or hang off of on various surfaces.

Hmm. This would be the end of the guide, however I know I missed quite a few things. If you have any questions or comments on how to raise your Snake Pony, please ask and I will answer it to the best of my abilities and put it into the guide! Do not be afraid, there are no bad questions!

I hope you liked this, and have fun raising your own Snake Pony!

TL;DR?? = Go back up and read it, it's freakin' Snake Ponies!

Edited by Chigens and Kay
  • Brohoof 43

I'll take twanty.

Beautifully written guide, Chigens. We can haggle a price for one of those eggs through PM, correct?

It's a very interesting creature and I would like to have one. I might have to name it Kaynah out of respect :P

• Brohoof 1

I'll take twanty.

Beautifully written guide, Chigens. We can haggle a price for one of those eggs through PM, correct?

It's a very interesting creature and I would like to have one. I might have to name it Kaynah out of respect :P

I was giving them away earlier, but I could use a few more bits.

Kay would appreciate if you named your Snake Pony that.

I was giving them away earlier, but I could use a few more bits.

Kay would appreciate if you named your Snake Pony that.

If it's female, so be it. How much are you charging for these little ones?

Also, would it be okay to raise two at once? Do they enjoy the company of other snake ponies? I was thinking about buying two.

• Brohoof 1

If it's female, so be it. How much are you charging for these little ones?

Also, would it be okay to raise two at once? Do they enjoy the company of other snake ponies? I was thinking about buying two.

Raising two is twice the work! Although probably advised, so they don't get lonely being the only Snake Pony around them. Yes, they do enjoy each other's company typically.

50 40 bits per egg. Plus, I can throw in a terrarium to hatch them in for an extra 20.

yes!!! You did it!!! You made the thread!!! WOO-HOOO!!! This is awesome. Bro-hoofs you have earned them!

Now I can raise Chik0 without worrying about anything! Thank you chigens here have a dancing Raichu. You earned it!!

post-5326-0-76197600-1346281848.gifpost-5326-0-76197600-1346281848.gif

• Brohoof 2

Raising two is twice the work! Although probably advised, so they don't get lonely being the only Snake Pony around them. Yes, they do enjoy each other's company typically.

50 40 bits per egg. Plus, I can throw in a terrarium to hatch them in for an extra 20.

How about 35 per egg (I'll get two) and 20 for the terrarium if I advertise this in a status update AND my signature for a day or two?
  • Brohoof 1

Alright, I've got my terrarium, heat source and I've got the egg in there as well. Also have a spray bottle filled with water next to me so I can keep the egg moist as instructed. Approximately how long does it take to hatch?

Edited by Dave247
  • Brohoof 2

Alright, I've got my terrarium, heat source and I've got the egg in there as well. Also have a spray bottle filled with water next to me so I can keep the egg moist as instructed. Approximately how long does it take to hatch?

It depends. On average, about 70 days. Although they can hatch + or - 10 days.

I would be wary if they hatched sooner though.

Dammit! I only have 70 bits. :(

That seems like enough to me...? It's only 60, you don't NEED the terrarium, it's just recommended.

So 40 bits for da' egg.

Still, best thread I've seen in awhile. Awesome :D

Haha, thanks. That means a lot.

This was my first mega long post-type-thing.

Just goes to show what boredom and a good idea can produce I guess.

What if I want to be a Snake Pony breeder? What conditions must be met? And are they mammals or reptiles? Since they are solitary, should I have them meet only when it is time to mate?

And I have a lot of genetics-related questions ;)

• Brohoof 1

What if I want to be a Snake Pony breeder? What conditions must be met? And are they mammals or reptiles? Since they are solitary, should I have them meet only when it is time to mate?

Lots of experience. Well they are both, but they lay eggs. No, they just prefer to be alone late in life, not earlier.