Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the world was to end in what way do you think it would happen?

MachineGunLola

(edited)

I think there's a better chance of the Montreal Expos winning the World Series than the world ending.

In other words, the world won't end this year.

Oh, and the Myans didn't have leap-year when they predicted the end of the world, so the "December 21, 2012" they were referring to happened months ago.

Edited by BuckeyeBrony
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Mayan's didn't have leap years. So technically, the whole thing should have already happened.

So, no. The world will one day explode with endless fire when our sun turns into a red giant, and engulfs us, Mercury and some of the other closer planets, but that's not for billions of years. Mankind will have either killed itself off by then, or we'll have migrated to other star systems in habitable planets.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 4

I'm going to say no. Because even if the world does end, nobody would have been there to tell me I was wrong. However, if it doesn't end, then I would be able to say, "I told you guys!"

I'm such a loner, aren't I? :(

(edited)

No way, personally I believe it will end when it is engulfed by the sun some 7.6 billion years from now. Human life may or may not have ended by then anyway.

Edited by FL_

Ugh, I hate this stupid superstitious hoo-haa that has everyone crying out "The world's gonna end this time! I swear it!"

Seriously, for me I recall everyone freaking the world was gonna end due to the 9-2-K thing. Now it's about a dead civilization that lived in a primitive way which in someway predicted an end of the world scenario because their calender ends this year? And from what I hear it's been updated for something else?

Can we at LEAST have some proper reasons for the world to end? Here's some:

1 - The oil companies want to drill in Alaska, and Shell just got the authority to do so. Take into account the other spill THEY had done over by the Gulf of Mexico and they only have around 4-6% cleaned up. How they gonna clean up a spill in the Alaskan waters where no one can stop it or clean it up?

2 - The American Government is pulling law after law, along with states, on different issues that don't matter. Did you know here in America cops now have the authority to strip search ANYONE if they are given reason. So if you jaywalk and it looks like you are hiding anything on your body, you are in trouble. This along with so many different idiotic laws make a revolution in the states more likely. Why should that concern the rest of the world? Cause the attempted draw on different countries would probably pull them into this idiotic internal war, and sooner or later we're gonna see another World War being instigated inside America.

3 - The rapture comes and takes us all away (there, threw a bone out to ya religious folks)

4 - An asteroid/comet/planet/blackhole collides into earth (there's one for the sci-fi buffs!)

5 - A volcano goes off/ ice age commences/ global warming (and there's one for the environmentalists)

Seriously people, seriously. Instead of thinking "This person/peoples predicted/stated/preached we were to die in X amount of year" and believing it or just feeding to the people that are saying that, can we just go with our daily business's? I prefer to draw or read instead of thinking about this stupid prediction stuff so much.

• Brohoof 1

It depends what you define by "The World". If you mean the Earth, then yes, eventually. Chances are there won't be any humans left when it happens anyway though. If you mean the universe, then we can't really know, but I would tend to say "no".

And if you're talking about a newspaper, then yes, most definitely.