Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the world was to end in what way do you think it would happen?

MachineGunLola

YES BECAUSE NINTENDO SAID SO.

WATCH OUT, EVERYPONY, LUNA IS STILL A LITTLE TICKED OFF FROM HER 1,000 YEAR BANISHMENT.

/THISBUCKINGTHREAD

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I really don't know...

IMO our planet will die in fire when the Sun will explode, Sun is also a star and it will die sooner or later.

The world can end due to many reasons but the most in my opinion are either the explosion of Sun or human actions.

I'm not sure if you heard about Vanga or Vangelia Pandeva, a Bulgarian blind old woman, she was predicting many catastrophes that really happened after her prediction, every single prediction she made was true, many presidents of different countries were visiting her to ask about their and their countries future. She died in 1996, but before she died she said something about the end of the world, something like " When the war will start between American and European politicians, and the fights will start in Syria, an acid rain will fall, and whole the world will go under water and the Russian northern part will be the only land. " that's what I remember. If all her predictions were true then this one will happen too... And in this prediction, human is the creature that destroyed whole the world.

On the other hand, many of her predictions were explained wrong by others, so maybe this one is explained wrong too.

The Mayan calendar also ends in 21 December 2012, this also might mean either the end or they had no time to complete it.

If the world will end in December 2012, let it be, we can't change anything anyways.

Nothing lasts forever.

Edited by Princess Ariona

This topic has been discussed so many times, that I'm getting the same reaction as Fluttershy here...

But I don't believe it will end. And I'll have a party where we're gonna watch the movie "2012" and laugh at it.

post-3498-0-60479800-1342775300_thumb.gif

Personally, I believe what the Bible says, but scientifically speaking, I wouldn't see it ending this year, but we never know. But the chance is less than 1%

Hey....perhaps the Myans just said "Screw it; we have now planned the next 400 years in a twenty ton slab of rock. Lets just call it quits and make a new one when this one gets old." I mean if i had to carve, haul and paint that thing, I would WANT the world to end.

• Brohoof 3

Absolutely not! I'm sick of all of the paranoid schizophrenics that think that some mass calendar created thousands of years ago by a civilization that didn't even know that their rein would end abruptly has any credibility.

(edited)

World will not end because of people having different opinions; But because of people fighting about it

-Ijust Maddetup

Edited by thegoodhen

Of course the world will end in time, but in 2012? I do not think so.

Though, there is a sort of movement to start a revolution going on, planning on starting some form of passive resistance. Google "Make It Happen 2012" if you wanna see it I guess.

The world will end sooner or later, seeing as we are contingent on the sun for living and the sun will collapse. That is ineviteble.

As dor the 2012 thing:

The World didn't end at Y2K, so why should I buy into the fact that it is happening now when no scientific evidence is presented, other than some ancient calender who, IIRC, have already passed since it didn't have that extra day every 4th year?

its just a bloody date from an old calender.

nothing special will happen and will be a much more autistic than the 2K pandemic,and the 1992/2011 Rapture.

Also I would like to point out that Isaac Newton claimed that the world will end in 2060, no one takes that seriously surprisingly.

point is, the only thing that will happen is: will live , die and become paranoid. just like every other day in human history.

I think it will end March 13th, 2013.

03/13/13.

It makes perfect yet inaudible sense.

I'm Gordon Freeman and I approve this message.

Take THAT Mayans.

Seems legi--WAIT A SECOND.

Since when does Gordon Freeman talk, let alone voice his opinions on political ads? I've got my eye on you, mister! :ph34r:

• Brohoof 2

Maybe one day. Who knows? Life may end here and continue on somewhere else in the galaxy. I think life goes in cycles. We can only guess at how long ours will last. We should still have a ways to go since humans as we know them haven't been around all that long compared to other species that were wiped out.

Obviously not in 2012, there's probably a 0.0000000000000000013423534540040% chance of it happening this year - it will probably end when the sun dies out, which will take billions of years. I don't know how people can take the world ending in 2012 thing seriously; just because the Mayan calendar ends in 2012, that doesn't mean the entire world will end then. The Mayans were just people, the end of their calendar is like the end of our calendars for any given year.