Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the world was to end in what way do you think it would happen?

MachineGunLola

No. It won't end. If anything happened, (CHRISTIAN ALERT) God would come down and lift us all up taking us to a new earth and destroying the old one. Though I don't think that will happen this year. (END ALERT)

But I still don't think the world will end.. Just sayin'

• Brohoof 1

this is why I love earth! Everyday is a gamble and at everytime everything you know could be taken.

The gods envy us ... Because everyting is more beautiful when it could be the last you see...

(edited)

I really hope the world doesn't end. Why? Because I don't want the world to end when the last thing I did was sleep in a bed at my grandmas house..

But on topic...I don't think it would end anytime soon.

Edited by PonyInTheFedora

"The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave birth to it comes again."

It may be a quote from a rather outdated book series, but this is what I believe. People rise, people fall, and this is how the world is.

"There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the Wheel of Time..."

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

You know this is slightly off topic but I'm gonna ramble on about it anyway. Even though I'm mormon and we're supposed to believe that the second coming of Christ and the destruction of this world is supposed to be a good thing or some crazy stuff like that, I really don't think it's that great. Sure, God created us and is the almighty being, but even with that considered we as humans each have distinct personalities and the fact that we're all going to be separated at one point or another is kind of awful. Plus, even if God created us and we should worship him, we as humans have came up with some great things as a species that honestly I'm not sure one being alone could have ever thought up, god or not. The idea that all we have worked for, all we have accomplished, everything we have made, every art form, every community, every metropolis, everything man made, and the ideas that we have came up with while on this planet will be destroyed is just dreadful and the fact that God has already planned out and will eventually go through with this, according to revelations, just means that he's not only a bit of an abusive ruler but he's also a philistine.

I guess to answer the question of the thread, I do believe that the end of the world will happen but I am not happy about it despite being a believer in the Bible. Seriously, I don't care if I get smitten or some weird crap for saying this but this plan sucks.

Edited by Lord Bababa

Well... It's been said that the world will end as we know it. Not that the human race will be obliterated.

I think it just means that how we see the world, and it's inhabitants will change.

no

because

just no, it ends when it ends, if the christians are right then they will be sucked into the sky(do not believe) if the athiests are right, then the sun goes redgiant in about a billion years and consumes us like I consumed my bowl of boiled peanuts(do believe.)

(edited)

No for 3 reasons:

1. Mayan calendar didnt include leap years, so it should have allready happened.

2. Mayans foretold the end of an era, not the world. This would mean that if they were right, there would probably be an industrial revolution or something else that would make a great impact on humanity, but not the end of the world.

3. I simply dont believe that mayan calendar crap.

Edited by Tol'Satha
  • Brohoof 2

The world has ended over 100 times in the last few decades. Let mainstream and the media do their little charade...

no

because

just no, it ends when it ends, if the christians are right then they will be sucked into the sky(do not believe) if the athiests are right, then the sun goes redgiant in about a billion years and consumes us like I consumed my bowl of boiled peanuts(do believe.)

Sir, I really don't think you could be more ignorant...

No, it won't. Why? Because man kind predicted thousands of ''end of the worlds'' and none happened. Also, those who bring the Bible into it, it says in the Bible that any predicted end of the world won't happen. (I'm not religious at all but even the Bible doesn't believe in those so called ''end of the world''.

The world has ended over 100 times in the last few decades. Let mainstream and the media do their little charade...

Sir, I really don't think you could be more ignorant...

coming from the person that thinks that the world has ended 100 times in the last few decades, yeah, I don't feel at all bad.

coming from the pony that thinks that the world has ended 100 times in the last few decades, yeah, I don't feel at all bad.

I never told you to feel bad, I hope you don't for you would be wrong to. And it was sarcasm, for all of the false prediction that the world will end.

Good day sir.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Sure, that the world is going to end some day is certain. Asteroids, radiation hazard, death of our sun for example.

What matters is when it is going to happen and if we are still around.

Edited by Marelin

It could end at anytime- there's no way of knowing. A meteor, the sun going out suddenly, zombies. Who knows? All we can do is live everyday and be thankful that the only reported cases of zombies were those with the bath salts in Florida. :P

Well, estimates suggest that in 600 million years 99% of plant species will be killed off by increases in the suns luminosity. This will lead to all multicellular organisms dieing. That will only happen if we are not already killed by the Meteor/Supervolcano/Ice age/Gamma Ray Burst/Alien Invasion/Black Hole/Obsolescence of the Unix time stamp.

Nope, the world is billions of years old, we have another million years before it will eventually die and we wound up like the dinosaurs.

Or somebody dropped their Nokia in the center of the Earth.