Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the world was to end in what way do you think it would happen?

MachineGunLola

Do any of you remember "The Matrix"? Agent Smith's little talk with Morpheus. I'm on that page. (Sorta)

Also, I hope nopony bashes on creationism. (Love and tolerance) I do believe in some sort of deity.

I am going with nuclear warfare that or biological warfare not really the end of the world "just another bloody chapter in human history" thank you fallout series hoping all my wasteland survival prep goes to use.

Of course one must note that in Revelations (assuming it is true) you are getting the written word of someone who was transported through time from like 60 AD to a world technologically at or beyond our own. Hence certain things that look like they describe nuclear bombs actually could be but wouldnt be written or recognized as such. It would justifiably be confusing to someone put in such a position.

Earth has this nasty virus called humans. There crawling all over it, treating it like crap.

Actually, if the world is to end i would only suggest the black hole. Once the sun goes out, every plant in the galaxy goes with it.

• Brohoof 1

Of course one must note that in Revelations (assuming it is true) you are getting the written word of someone who was transported through time from like 60 AD to a world technologically at or beyond our own. Hence certain things that look like they describe nuclear bombs actually could be but wouldnt be written or recognized as such. It would justifiably be confusing to someone put in such a position.

Could be. Either that, or it was the dreams of a lonely old man, banished to an island, with encroaching dementia and fading memories of an old friend who promised to return, but never did. Kind of like Nostradamus. Or Dante. Or a thousand other people who wrote vividly about the end of the world.

My theory is that the world will end soon, buried under a sea of threads that tirelessly ponder/dread/celebrate the end of the world. How's that for irony.

I dont believe it will end this year, I dont see how..??? But, scientists have predicted that it will end eventually and most likely be by the sun turning into a red giant, expanding and wiping out the whole system....but maybe not that, well I think that

• 6 years later...

Very likely it will be humanity that brings about total destruction. There are other possibilities, like an astroid which is probably the most likely "natural" thing to do it, but humans have created enough weaponry to destroy the world several times over. Not to mention, humans are stupid. 

11 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

If the moon starts falling to Earth, I'm spending my last hours with my family

Thankfully if you are talking about natural process, you have at least 50 billion years to enjoy yourself. Truth is that the impact which created the moon is still fairly fresh, and moon is still in process of moving away from Earth ( it is a very slow process, about a few inches per year ).

After that time it is estimated it will enter a stable orbit :P

As for me. Humanity. I mean, nuclear arsenal and energy is an obvious issue. But then there is overpopulation versus lack of resources. We will eventually destroy and consume everything to sustain ourselves and there is nothing you can do about it. Nothing. Unless we destroy ourselves beforehand.

Right now the estimated raise in mean temperature is about 3°C or 5,4°F per 100 years. And that is already massive issue and no joke. That 3 degrees can literally mean life and death.

I'll stick with death via giant space rock or assured mutual destruction.

Now assuming our theory on the start of WW3 remains true it'll be a waiting game to see what happens first.  And as far as I'm aware it's still on course.

Edited by BroomsNHops

• 2 weeks later...

The YouTube user Matthew Santoro made two interesting videos regarding the end of the world as we know it...

As for what think will happen? I can’t say. There are many possibilities and I am not really qualified to say which instance is most likely will happen because I ain’t a scientist. Even so, I guess I feel like a disaster could happen like nuclear war or meteor strike.