Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If there were to be a brony country....

XrosOver

How in the world will this work out? What if I were to vehemently disagree with this? Would you shun my beliefs because I believe love and tolerate makes a horrible ideal to build an actual government around? What does equal mean anyways? Everyone having just as much political power? Everyone receiving the same income? Giving smart people special helmets that lowers their IQ to average people? No idea how serious you are with this idea (hopefully it wasn't a very srs one), but morality is a lot more complicated than sweet and simple slogans.

Of course it wasnt serious? How can I be serious about converting an entire COUNTRY to one way lol. This all purely theory and I know alot of people wouldnt care at ALL for other political views wouldnt it be nice to have a country that agreed on something?

Its impossible. And I wasnt serious it was just a bit of fantasy and some mindless pondering.

I like the idea, but I'm good here. The country would be subject of too much. Slander, threats, etc. And this may sound weird, but if we are surrounded by love and tolerate and we go to war, I don't think everyone in the army will be carrying around their own personal party cannon.

Do you really think that just because we're bronies we would be singled out and made fun of by other nations? Why would people slander a country about Love amd tolerance and why would we care? While others spend trillions on pointless wars we could be using the money to cure illness' and spread wubs!

Nah, constant civil war isn't my thing. A nation divided by tiny squibbles about saving Derpy or about certain artists fighting with each other and people choosing "sides", forgetting all the while that we're only here to enjoy a show about some colorful horses.

Dont we already do that? With squibbles about foreign oil, Artists fighting with eachother has been goin on forever with two celebrities fightin about whos music, or whos acting is better, than we have rappers and stuff getting into it on songs for the enjoyment of a nation.

People choosing "sides" You mean like the political parties I mentioned earlier?

And why does it matter what show we watch, people have fought and screamed at eachother over much more ridiculous things. *cough* the twilight saga *cough*

• Brohoof 2

i like the idea of a brony country, but we will be isolated from other people as well. I had an idea of making a brony hangout in every city so bronys can come to the hang outs as they please and still not be separated from the world

• Brohoof 2

I WAS going to say how, like icecreams idea, a vacation would be cool. Like, a vast area dedicated to the Brony fandom, with it's own economy and systems. Then I realised this is what conventions are like XD

Not that I'd know, I've never been. Sadly :c

• Brohoof 1

Of course it wasnt serious? How can I be serious about converting an entire COUNTRY to one way lol. This all purely theory and I know alot of people wouldnt care at ALL for other political views wouldnt it be nice to have a country that agreed on something?

Its impossible. And I wasnt serious it was just a bit of fantasy and some mindless pondering.

Do you really think that just because we're bronies we would be singled out and made fun of by other nations? Why would people slander a country about Love amd tolerance and why would we care? While others spend trillions on pointless wars we could be using the money to cure illness' and spread wubs!

Dont we already do that? With squibbles about foreign oil, Artists fighting with eachother has been goin on forever with two celebrities fightin about whos music, or whos acting is better, than we have rappers and stuff getting into it on songs for the enjoyment of a nation.

People choosing "sides" You mean like the political parties I mentioned earlier?

And why does it matter what show we watch, people have fought and screamed at eachother over much more ridiculous things. *cough* the twilight saga *cough*

We already are. And in a world that can't even agree on small things, I don't think a country full of people who watch an amazing show meant for little girls would go over well with the UN

Pros: hopefully full of nice people

No haters

Could probably pool out more awesome fan work than ever before

No one would look twice at your awesome new shirt (except to compliment it)

Cons: dunno how comfortable I am electing one of us

Might get over saturated and make exposure to the show less enjoyable, too much of a good thing and all

If someone was born and didn't like the show they might be shunned by their peers

Political tensions between parties against or in favor of clopping

We'd be a black sheep among the other countries, since they'd have no bronies at all

Everytime an episode came out the entire country would shut down

The hub could blackmail our country mercilessly and get away with it

I'd hate to live in a Brony country. I like MLP, but not enough to live in some isolated country founded upon the love of cartoon ponies. I'd get sick of it.

Maybe because I don't consider myself as a really avid Brony compared to others and how some Brony extremists act, I'd get into a lot of confrontations.

CONS:

-FANFICS FANFICS EVERYWERE

-OTHER BRONIES GIVING ME CRAP FOR BEING A FURRY

-IM A YOUNG BRONY SO IM GONNA BE HANGING OUT WITH GROWN MEN (just kinda creepy)

-THERE WILL BE TROLLS ON STEAM CUZ ITS ONLINE

PROS:

I CANT THINK OF ANY (right now)

I love the whole idea of the government based on "Love and Tolerate", Also I must say that sounds rather delightful to not have people bashing others religions... You know after reading it again, I must say I LOVE the idea. It sounds rather awesome to say the least.

Edited by Dusty Soul
  • Brohoof 1

I think that sounds cool but it is totally unrealistic. As other people have said, it would be a sausage fest, and also we would have huge civil wars about who is best pony.

What I think would be funner is if we made a reality TV show like Glass house with 5 Bronies and 5 Pegasisters, except nobody gets kicked out. And we could have a contest to find the top 5 bronies and top 5 pegasisters in the world to get to be on it, they would be judged on sense of humor, looks, and just whoever would make it an interesting show and wouldnt give us bronies a bad name.

Its a cool concept, but like has been mentioned the amount of girls to boys would be quite crazy differences. Plus i'd have to leave my family. I don't really have a whole lot of friends, but i'd miss my bandmates.

While i would enjoy the kind people and it would be cool, I have a feeling it would get old after a while. Like alot of things.

I would move there for sure! It would be so awesome! Though, more awesome is that when virtual reality systems become so advanced that you can enter the game world with all your senses (like the matrix) and yes, it will come. It's just a matter of time. You would actually "be" in Equestria! live there, work there. And most important of all. You would BE a pony! :wub:

• Brohoof 1

No. Simply no. It would be terrible. Personally, I can't see any valuable pros. It's good to meet a brony sometimes, but being surrounded by them all the time would be awful.

Eh, it probably wouldn't be my thing. I mean sure, it would be awesome, but...it MIGHT get tiring after a while. I think this would be the same thing to any other fandom that wanted a whole country of their own. Although, you know, there's an actual city in Poland called "Brony". Maybe we could make that our HQ? :lol:

• Brohoof 4

Eh, it probably wouldn't be my thing. I mean sure, it would be awesome, but...it MIGHT get tiring after a while. I think this would be the same thing to any other fandom that wanted a whole country of their own. Although, you know, there's an actual city in Poland called "Brony". Maybe we could make that our HQ? :lol:

Poor Poland... They didn't inadvertently screwed themselves... Time to pillage the village. (Not what you think you perv) PS yous a lady toki

Poor Poland... They didn't inadvertently screwed themselves... Time to pillage the village. (Not what you think you perv) PS yous a lady toki

Poor Poland indeed :lol: . I also don't understand what else would pillage would mean (Go me and my innocence!), and I didn't undertand the last sentence :P .
  • Brohoof 1

Poor Poland indeed :lol: . I also don't understand what else would pillage would mean (Go me and my innocence!), and I didn't undertand the last sentence :P .

It's best not to discuss, old Viking proverb (not really I'm making this up now)

And it's a Dethklok reference

PPS: your icon is amazing.

It's best not to discuss, old Viking proverb (not really I'm making this up now)

And it's a Dethklok reference

PPS: your icon is amazing.

I would prefer it so, I have no idea what Dethlok means, and I thank you for the compliment :lol: . I was looking through images when I first had an avatar...that image was one of the first to come. I REGRET NOTHING! B)

I'd expect a brony nation to end up like the People's Crusade.

A mob of fanatical people running amok with bad leadership.

Then we all get slaughtered by the Turks.

The End.

Posted Image

There, problem solved!!! :lol:

Seriously though, I think that your idea of how things would go is one of the few realistic and relatively accurate theories on this thread. Everypony else keeps suggesting we'd be some type of tiny, self-sufficient, democratic utopia where everypony would live in harmony. Nice sentiment, but given the record of human history (and also the fact that we'd be trying to organize a country based upon the principles of a TV show), it's a very idealistic and unrealistic sentiment as well. AND, like you said, clearly nopony took the Turks into account! ^_^ Truly there are no greater haters to be feared than the Turks!!!! B)

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1