Shankveld

When is the best time to get married?

I would personally say somewhere in your twenties, maybe early thirties. Ideally, I would say somewhere around 25. That would be my guess, though it's just dependent on timing and the person as well as just the circumstances. Like I know a guy that's like 62 I think and has never been married (because he's gay, partially).

Though if me and my BF were to get *legally* married, well, he might be thirty and I might be like 24 at that point. :sealed: Not bad considering the fact I'm gay in a rather conservative part of the country.

Edited by Ayyngel Dust

*reading most post that said in their 20’s to 30. Thinking about my age... and single* The pressure is on.

Not really, I would say just whenever the couple are ready financially and emotionally, mainly emotionally. You have to know if this person is the right person to spent every good time and hell with you. 

Mid-to-late 20s I think; however I could see myself getting married on the earlier end of the spectrum due to immigration reasons if it came to that (my boyfriend and I are in different countries). Still a few years down the road though.

Edited by SparklingSwirls

It's on a case by case basis, really. I was 25, my wife was 32, and now we've been married a decade and have two children. We have a friend who just got married at 42, but we also have another friend who got married fresh from high school at 18 and has been married happily for 25 years.

When at least one person in the relationship is financially stable, preferably both people. After that, it's whenever they both feel like they're ready.

Whenever both people have enough of their life together to make a smart decision instead of just rushing into marriage headfirst. For some people this is quick, for some it takes many years.

Pick one:

• It's a perfect time to get married.
  • You want your relationship to be more relaxed and don't want to look over your shoulder all the time.
  • You are 2/3 into your life, and you feel expected by your surrounding to be married.
  • When you have saved up enough money for the wedding you've always dreamed of.
  • You are being forced by your family or parents.
  • Your religion says.
  • Marriage is the only way for you to have children, and you want or must have children.
  • How do I stop these bullet points?

Everyone at their own pace, don't force yourself based on expectations, especially regarding the age. Also better don't rush into it if you haven't been in the relationship for too long.

Me lol? Prob earliest 35, IF I met someone in the next weeks and got into a relationship. Not having been in one prob should mean I should be extra cautious about marrying. Won't be surprised if I don't end up finding anyone or get into a marriage at all in my life.

My former gay religion teacher and priest is like 45 (or older?) and he and his boyfriend did the paperwork or something but didn't sign them...for five years, lol.

Forcing yourself into this when either of both is not ready could easily end up in a disaster..

when you both have stable jobs that aren't going anywhere in the foreseeable future

when you have a backup plan in case you lose your job

when you both already had sex with each other 

when you both know how shitty each other are and still love that person

But most importantly 

when you are willing to take the most hardest punches life has to give you

Badges

It’s different for everybody. But in general I’d say somewhere in the early twenties. By then the participants have experienced reality and know what’s out there, but at the same time are still young enough to face it and learn from it together rather than apart. Having that mutual support through all ages of adulthood is something that can only bring two people closer.  

2 hours ago, Dreambiscuit said:

It’s different for everybody. But in general I’d say somewhere in the early twenties. By then the participants have experienced reality and know what’s out there, but at the same time are still young enough to face it and learn from it together rather than apart. Having that mutual support through all ages of adulthood is something that can only bring two people closer.  

I very much agree with this statement.

For example, if you're really in love, then any time that feels right, with little financial risk, is fine.

If you're my parents, then the correct time is never.

So, yeah, it varies from person to person.:grin:

Whenever the time feels right. People can find the person they're looking for at practically any age, but making sure that they begin the journey of marriage at the right time can also be important. 

Me? never. Don't even have someone and I'm 35. Never want to get married, to me what the point.

Badges

Don't think there is any best time our there as marriage itself shouldn't be something like that. It is more of a product of a already established relationship rather than something that solidifies unstable relationships.

Never, you'll just regret :confused: :yay:

Badges

I think it really depends on the couple and so long as all parties involved are consenting adults.  I mean, some people get married well into their 60's or 70's, love isn't an easy "oh you'll find someone worth marrying in your 20's don't worry about it!!" and then the person rolls on into their 40's without getting married.  I think it really depends on the people involved and how they want to live their life.  Imo, I don't think having kids is all that important when people get married, people can adopt, people might not want kids, maybe they aren't financially capable of taking care of kids.  A couple doesn't need kids in their lives to be a family, they already are a family.

It probably depends on the country. According to my parents, date at 20's and marry at 30's. Or was it date at 30's and marry at 40's. Can't remember.

When the laws change so that the majority earner (usually men) doesn't lose half their wealth just because their spouse "isn't satisfied."

When you enjoyed your life, tried all things you wanted, founded place you like and feel like settling down. Otherwise gf/bf or fiance would be enough

Age wise, beggars can’t be choosers. General answer, when you trust that person won’t ever want to leave you. I speak from inexperience.

6 hours ago, Vefka said:

When you enjoyed your life, tried all things you wanted, founded place you like and feel like settling down. Otherwise gf/bf or fiance would be enough

I am not sure you should make so many thoughts about that stuff when you are only 17.