Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

When is the best time to get married?

Shankveld

7 minutes ago, You said:

But why would you want to rush marriage anyways? What's the benefit for you?

Financial reasons aside, what's the gain? It comes with a lot of legal consequences and responsibilities. Sure, there are benefits - but I feel the largest reason for many is simply social expectations and pressure. What if you simply are not required to marry in the first place?

It would feel 'official' at that point. Both of my parents have had previous marriages, which is interesting tbh.

Edited by Scar
  • Brohoof 1

Marriage is locking your life. Getting children is locking and ending your life. These are like the last chapters in your life. Have a little fun, and when you are at it... Find someone! Get married :ButtercupLaugh:

I would probably say mid 20's to mid 30's. I've always seen Cadence and Shining Armor as somewhere on the earlier half of that range. Screenshot_20200918-154455_Firefox-01.jpeg.392167d71e85e5fb59804db87144cb48.jpeg

It seems a lot of people have a pretty good idea of what they want out of life at that point and have things at least somewhat together career-wise.

Edited by Cirrus.

For age: Married at 34. It's basically whenever you found 'the one' and know it for the rest of your lifetime. It helps that you've either lived together or for sure know each others pet peeves and annoyances.

For time of year: spring or fall because of how beautiful the flowers or trees are at this time (snow is a plus)