Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do trolls do what they do?

shotoku

So I was flipping through pony videos today and I looked at a particular comment tree on a video that was the typical case of a brony trying to kill a troll. That's when i came across something I didn't understand.

I know somebody can answer this because I've heard stories of YT trolls converted to bronies...

What makes somebody who hates ponies want to go on pony YT videos and call people fags/retarded/female when there is no gain other than pissing people off and looking like a dumbass?

I don't quite understand this train of though :huh: could somebody with some experience explain?

• Brohoof 2

Because they're bored. That's about the gist of it. They're bored and would rather spend their time trying to get people to talk to them than actually do anything productive.

Edited by Hollowshield
  • Brohoof 7

Ummm, trolls have nothing better to do and try to insult people who are higher than them or lower than them. Why do trolls have nothing to do. Cause they have no life. I don't understand them. They just troll blindly. Most of them are very young (about 9 years old). I have had a brother who knows about me being a brony, he used to call it all sorts of things until he found how awesome it is. If you want to feed the trolls, give them something positive. And looks like I havent been on the forums for awhile cause i see constant new members.

• Brohoof 1

So I was flipping through pony videos today and I looked at a particular comment tree on a video that was the typical case of a brony trying to kill a troll. That's when i came across something I didn't understand.

I know somebody can answer this because I've heard stories of YT trolls converted to bronies...

What makes somebody who hates ponies want to go on pony YT videos and call people fags/retarded/female when there is no gain other than pissing people off and looking like a dumbass?

I don't quite understand this train of though :huh: could somebody with some experience explain?

Once again I must hand a brohoof to you sir, I come across some of the

most interesting topics and they are mostly by you :) ANYWHOO!!

I believe its all about attention and boredom, they find it fun and entertaining to piss

someone off intentionally and get the attention of many rather than sit

by and just not be a troll I suppose :D

because there sad little creature that live under bridges that have nothing better to do ,and don't seem to realize that they themselves are the punchline of the joke..... and that's about it rely

• Brohoof 1

Bored + anonymity- manners X arrogance = Troll

I honstly can't stand the little gits, and I long for the day I encounter one in really like. For the most part, I wind them up by the way I speak about them (never too them), wha I call them (The Troll, or it) and giving others advice on who to deal with them.

I've gotten a lot of F*&K YOU messages for doing that.

Boredom, mostly. Some people find it fun to piss others off.

Also, we musn't paint all trolls with the same brush. Some actually carefully plan what they do, and are very subtle. Usually, they'll bring up controversial topics and start leaning for one of the extremes, not enough to be obvious, but enough that people start getting mad about it. They slowly escalate until the others are completely pissed off. Then the troll quietly laughs to himself about how they totally fell for it.

Then there are the people who come in and say "this is fucking retarded I can't believe anybody actually likes this shit". Those are the stupid, annoying trolls who deserve to be slaughtered wholesale until the streets run with their blood ridiculed and ignored.

• Brohoof 1

There are some places where posting pony only gets you really into ... I mean I posted on the IGN vesti and whoosh -- while yes they have a few bronies over there, any pony post gets at least half haters.

Other than boredom, the trolls like to pick Bronies because we give them the funniest reaction. Lots of bronies are easily spurred by the slightest provocation. All you need is one well-crafted sentence and viola, seven of them are now angry and at least three had made it their personal mission to show you hell :P

• Brohoof 1

Because I get bored and because people react so fantastically that it makes me want to troll other things. You could just read the wiki article. Or if you have a younger sibling then you might know.

• Brohoof 1

They troll, because it's entertaining for them to see other people get mad over what they say. They're the kind of people who can (maybe not in person, but through text) easily make quick comebacks at others objections to their trolling. They aren't bothered by people calling them no-life basement dwelling trolls, as it just fuels their troll persona. The best way to combat them, is to just ignore them. However, they'll just end up trolling somewhere else.

~~

As a former troll, I basically did it because I was bored and had nothing else better to do. I never did it in a way to insult people though like some trolls, but I did it out of pure innocent fun.

But then... I had an epiphany!

I realized that I was just wasting my time, and that I could be doing things that were WAY more productive.

Though, haters (not really considered trolls) are usually very young kids who think that they have some authority just because they are behind a computer screen.

So to sum it up, trolls are usually entertained by offending people and getting reactions (hence don't feed the trolls).

It's truly a sad life for them....

• Brohoof 1

Well, i see two types of trolling. There is idiotic trolling were people be stupid and start crap to think they are cool and funny.They also like to make people have a terrible day. But then, there is payback trolling. For example, on BF3, my squad took the heli and left me to die, so i spawned in the heli and blew them up >:3 I enjoy this type of trolling.

• Brohoof 1

Becuase trolling is fun. It's cool to watch numerous people turn into little balls of rage just becuase of your comment. The brony community is especially fun to troll becuase they there so protective of there community (you cant say that haven't tried to kill a troll).

• Brohoof 2

Why do trolls troll?

Simple.

Think of it this way.

Trolls just like making people's life bad and use that to entertain themselves.

Just like some hackers who make viruses and all that.

Same thing.

Just ignore them.

It's the only way to make them stop.

Or if you feel good enough troll them back.

• Brohoof 1

because we do what we must because we can.

for the good for all of us (except the ones who are dead)

but there's no sense crying over evreypost, we just keep trying till you get all butthurt

and the science is done and you make a neat gun for the people who are

STILL ALIVE.

also because it's fun.

• Brohoof 2

i mastered the art of trolling but i never put it to effect unless it's against another troll or random facebook groups ive accidentally been put in. although there are some trolls who put their power towards good like minnesotaburns he trolls hackers and scammers to try and teach them a lesson

What makes somebody who hates ponies want to go on pony YT videos and call people fags/retarded/female

It's trolling to call someone female? :huh: But...what if you ARE female...? :wacko: See, now I'm just trollin'. And why? Funzies. But I do trollin' on stupid people who deserve it. Not not nice people. Some people who are genuinely retarded are just fun to screw around with. I personally kinda have this fantasy that really stupid people who encounter genuine intelligent thought, even momentarily on the internet can have their brains explode because of it, and I'm doing the human race a favor by weeding out stupid. :D