Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do trolls do what they do?

shotoku

(edited)

Bored and someone who just want to get some attention. Nothing else like themselves.

Edited by TBD

(edited)

Specifically in your case, I think it's just a case of people being bored and/or wanting attention. Nothing more than that.

If you're talking about trolling while gaming though, well... it's REALLY funny sometimes. Like, obviously not all the time, but if there's an opportunity for it to be really funny, I'll jump at it. :P

Edited by Meson Bolt

Trolling has been kind of dead since 2015. If anything, shitposting has become the new trolling. Imo people on the Internet these days are a lot more coy, or even passive aggressive, on what people do or what their lifestyle is like (hobbies, choices, etc), rather than outright calling them names. It's done usually in a "hah, well at least i'm not like them" sense.

19 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

They live under bridges and won’t let you pass.

Some live under their mother's basements. ;)

More and more this society and culture is creating an environment that makes people become attention whores and what easier way to get attention than to piss people off? That problem is only going to get worse as more and more people crave to be noticed in some way.