Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you hate about your school?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

Two years of high school left.

This year we got an horrible uniform (meh, useless), and surprisingly, I don't only do huge math homeworks, I need to correct them!!! D:

The school started two weeks ago, and I already wrote 3 essays, did 8 math homeworks, 6 science homeworks, 6 french homeworks, a bunch of random things. This year will be harsh.

I'm sadly in an enriched program, if I knew I would have declined this. Now my friends have like no homeworks. Life is unfair. :(

The college Im going to is pretty good in gneeral, a competitive school that's well respected for its educational and research opportunites, not too expensive, and close enough to drive to. 

Problem is, it's in an area with a rather high crime rate, and the campus is fricking tiny, just one square block. Stray off campus after taking a night class, you better make sure to hold onto your wallet and iPhone REAL tight.

My college is pretty nice... Big library, that's my favourite part of the whole thing. The computers are all very up to date, we can install our own programs, it has great software for us to work with, the campus is nice and big, the students in my class are really friendly, overall, I'm very happy with the place.

However... getting there is really annoying. Driving to college, I always have one of those epic music collection tracks on my radio because you have to be really aggressive at certain points to get to where you need to go. Also, the person who designed the parking lot was an absolute moron. You need to buy a certain parking pass to make sure you don't get stuck for over an hour trying to leave the lot (this is a first-year trap, I fell for it only once.)

Edited by Celtore

I was attracked to my college because it has a "smoke free campus". You aren't allowed to smoke anywhere on campus, at all. Even if you live on campus in the dorms you have to walk across the street to be "off campus" to smoke a cigarette. But everyone still smokes. Everywhere, all the time. Sure, if campus security catches you it's a $75 fine, and they do fine people regularly. But the students just hand the bill over to mommy and daddy & continue to smoke (and leave their butts on the ground everywhere). As an x-smoker, it's really hard for me to be around cigarettes. I hate it.

What Do I dislike of school?

Almost everyone their.

Everyone their is so rude, rude to me mostly.

The nice people are nice, and I hang out with them, but I am usually lonely.

I hate most of the people at school

Everything. I hate everything about my school.

It's western culture at its finest. People tend to stay in group and never initiate contact with other groups. Everyone dislikes everyone and everyone's just loud and saying things without thinking. The teachers think they can do everything they want and believe that by forcing down assignments and homework that people would learn from that, without properly teaching and explaining the things we learn. People who need extra time are apparently not worth their time at all and should just go do something else. You get noted for the dumbest things and the finals don't make any sense, as they only test your trivial knowledge about subjects you do not care about. Heck, the language finals, like English, Dutch and German are wildcards because they all have interpretation questions with only one correct answer.

Even if all goes well, you realize that everything you've done doesn't mean anything because the score on your finals can change everything. That's because the score weighs just as much as everything you've done in the past years. So even if you did well the entire 6 years, one random wildcard final such as Dutch can still make you fail.

I'd rather have an educational system like up in Finland, at least that's an actual good system, unlike ours.

My elementary school - the teachers were awful, and the librarian had stupid ass rules

My middle school - my 6th grade math teacher, and the students were getting more ghetto

My high school(MISSOURI) - got 8 detentions, for the most stupid reasons. That was another year that I got made fun of for being a brony.

My high school(FLORIDA) - pretty good school.

The only thing I hate about my school is the lack of good Football players on the O Line. I seriously hate that by the time I get a hand off or a pitch I have to do some extra stuff just to get past the line of scrimmage, I also hate that if your late to school by 5 minutes you get sent to OCS.(On Campus Suspension)

I do online schooling and while the good far outweighs the bad...I do have some problems with it...

1. The schoolwork is a lot harder than the public schooling.
  2. If you have an "A" in a class and get a "B" on a test or assignment, it will bring your grade down. 

Those are the only real complaints I have. 

I actually really like my school. The only bad things I can say are about the way some of the other students act, and the fact my school isn't the cleanest. It's divided into four wings, but the first two were the only ones that could afford remodeling.  Meanwhile, the other two have been there since the school opened seventeen years ago, and teachers have reported many problems about those wings; jammed lockers, ant infestations, broken air conditioners, etc.

I didn't like any of my high schools and in college, many of the freshmen that come here still have a "High School Mentality" it just doesn't fly in college(and most of society for that matter.)  I'm constantly harassed and people keep yelling homophobic slurs at me.  I'm already considered as "the crazy lady" so people tend to space themselves from me so it makes it harder for me to make friends...  I get this crap off campus too so I'm thinking this has something to do with this whole area...huh.png 

My school teachers take themselves way too seriously, and my new principal is such a douche. he's like 32 and trying to completely remodel our whole school's traditions and customs, trying to make us wear a blazer and khakis 2 days out of the weeks. Minor complaints, but I go to a great school.

What do I hate about MY school? Oh boy, don't get me started. My high school just loves its authority, and power. Here are some examples of them abusing it (in my opinion.)

• The senior prank was having all of our cell phones going off at the same time in our locker. Oh boy, did that piss them authorities off. The school actually called the cops to raid all the lockers, and throw them all in a bin. They then proceeded to look through al of the phones (cops) to see who started it. We then got a huge lecture on why it was our fault the cops couldn't be helping someone in a car accident. I didn't do the prank but I still got smacked on the wrist. (not literally)
  • Some kids were complaining about a teacher on twitter. The teacher was snooping around twitter and found these mean tweets. The same student who posted these tweets got suspended for a day or two. Oh man did this cause an outcry. #freedalkhe was trending on twitter in my state. Yes, my state. People from other schools were tweeting it too. Also, some students in my grade actually got into a big argument with a teacher about freedom of speech. The teacher's response was that the school was a constitution free zone and that we had to deal with it. Wait, the school is a constitution free zone? What the hell?
  • They ask us to give them suggestions but even a petition with 200+ signatures means nothing to them. Also I got to a rather small school and there are only like 150 kids per grade, so this is a good amount of signatures. They just rip it in front of our faces. The only people who can make change (they claim) is student council. Yet student council is too busy talking about prom, and mostly issues that don't relate to helping the students or school in any way whatsoever.
  • Brohoof 2

Its a Catholic School. I don't believe 60% of the things said by priests, the bible, or anywhere else. The kids are rich, snobby, and annoying. The groups are starting to fade as people are starting to converse with each other more, but somehow I'm left out of it(which pisses me off so much). All my friends are usually busy and I only have something to do after school 2/5 days. I have less than 10 REAL friends. I like some of the teachers at my school though, they're actually cooler than some of the students there. Some of the people I hang out with get annoying really quickly. I want to move but at the same time, I really don't.

Luckily I'm in college now, but I have to say my high school was complete trash. The only things I liked about my school was band, and my friends. For one, the school was hideous, filthy and over 50 years old. Same high school my mom went to. There was too many gangbanger thug kids causing fights, getting busted with drugs, and getting their hoe girlfriends pregnant. The students were stupid as hell, both maturity-wise and intellect-wise. Not all kids were like that (plenty of smart kids), but there was a LOT of that going on. My region is infamous for its shitty school system.

Edited by crazitaco

GEOGRAPHY.

(WARNING: the following rant may contain profanity)

So my geography teacher is a dunce. He gives you an assignment to do for the entirety of class without teaching you anything, so you're just looking for stuff in the textbook. Then he teaches you 2 weeks later. He also FUCKING FORCES YOU TO TAKE CORNELL NOTES WHICH ARE THE SPAWN OF SATAN. CORNELL NOTES ARE THE WORST THING SINCE FUCKING PEANUT BUTTER, YOLO, RUNNING, AND THOSE FUCKING ERASERS THAT DON'T EVEN ERASE AND JUST MAKE FUCKING HUGE-ASS SMUDGES.

Edited by Appetite4Democracy

Im in a pretty small school so cliques arent as common. But because we are in a small school, our fine arts department suffers. We dont have a real stage, just a small one with a few sets of lights. Our drama class usually consists of under 20 kids, resulting in no need for auditions, which can be a good and bad thing, depending on how you look at it.

Let me just say for the record that my school was fine until this year. Then our principal retired and it all went to Hell. Seriously, the new principal and vice principal SUCK! The vice principal, I swear, doesn't blink, he just squints really hard. And they made too many rules. Back one year ago, if you raised your hand, you would get nodded at, and you would get to go to class. But this year? No. I can't be that simple. They have to get close to five teachers at once to come over to you, tell you to pick up your tray, and only then can you go to class. And you have to tuck your chair in. If you don't, you get a free one hour detention. Nice.

Seriously, I'm gonna start a rebellion, because it's violating some rights that are in my country's constitution.

Save for a few teachers and the fact that there's a school bell RIGHT INSIDE MY TYPING CLASS, it's pretty ok. What I really hate though is how loud and obnoxious my peers can get sometimes. I mean, I can love and tolerate it sometimes, but other times I wish I had a giant mute button, especially when I'm working on something particularly difficult. It can also gets intolerable when it's directed at me or my friends. We stick up for each other during those moments and we get laughed at for it.

And seriously, I am getting sick and tired of the guys at school who are constantly all like,"Wanna go out on a date with me? Wanna go out on a date with my friend? Hey do you know that he has a crush on you? Don't you want some of my sexiness?" just out of the blue like that. I have no idea why I get those all the time and those people are just about the most insensitive, mean-spirited, shallow, and stuck-up jerks I have ever met! It really seems like the kind guys are in short supply here, because I only ever made friends with two and none of them share my classes this year...

I really hope they stop soon or I might just snap.