Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you hate about your school?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

It's a bit far from my home so I have to take public transport to go there.

It's quite huge, sometimes it can takes 5-10 minutes to go to a classroom.

The canteen isn't really good.

I dislike some of the management in my college. They make snap decisions regarding tests, projects, grading and changes in class times that get announced late, and that keeps me from getting a good schedule. It's probably a white-collar oversight issue, but either way that's about the only thing i have against my college. The higher education is pretty great, and i can feel myself gradually becoming smarter and more versed in various things.

(edited)

My school is okay for the most part. I have my group of friends, some teachers there that I like, things aren't that hard, all of that stuff. However, there are a lot of people that live to the stereotypes (and annoying to deal with); probably because I live in Jersey. Otherwise, academics and such are fine. The things that bother me here are sort of minimal and compared to other schools, they're likely the same.

Although one thing that really annoys me is our school's obsession with football. I understand it's a nationwide sport in terms of popularity, but school football games aren't gonna beat the amount of views watching the Super Bowl or something. They've done anything to praise the teams and then we wonder why our budget gets tight. A recent scandal has happened here (maybe some of you may know), other sports get shoved out of their spotlight with this taking up an entirety of the sports section in the yearbook, and even Bon Jovi (who came from our town) donated around a million dollars for the theatre crew, only for that to get dumped towards football.

I like sports, don't get me wrong. I'm not crazy about football, but the amount of love it gets in my school over everything else really bothers me, especially how it effects our status. F/

Edited by zigragirl

It can get annoying when I'm studying and people around me are being distracting but hey, that's the only time people are ever around me.

Not really fond about how the vending machines break a lot either.

(edited)

So far I love my college, the only thing I hate is my schedule. But only Monday's because I literally have no break for dinner. I've got classes up the wazoo on that day. Literally my day doesn't end until 7:40. Like 3 hours of English in one day. >_>

~I start my freshman year next month btw

Edited by iceestarz
  • Brohoof 1

My current high is mostly alright, I always receive all of my classes at the right time and have a group of friends whom I hang with everyday, and the teachers take their job seriously but are very charismatic towards all of us. The only main problem is the management, they're all awfully greedy sometimes and tend to make decisions which can either border on crazy or downright moronic.

The last school I attended was a private lutheran school. For the first year, I was in 7th grade and everything was INCREDIBLE!! I met the best people I ever have (Irl at least), and had more friends than I had ever had. It was great for the previouslt socially awkward me, as I had no friends in elementary school and was bullied really badly. Everything was great for littlr 11-12 year old me.

Then everything changed, when the fire nation attacked.

The "Fire Nation" being the new superintendant we got, along with a new science teacher. The superintendant was also our n=math teacher. Our previous math/science teacher used a way of teaching us by "grade level" meaning whatever would be best for how good we were at math. I sucked at math and ended up in 5th grade math. Now, when this new superinrendant came along, he boosted me right on up to 8th grade math.

The thing was, I was never taught 7th grade level math. Ever.

Everything was sad and confusing, and me, being a ridiculously modest person and never really wanting to cause a ruckus when it wasnt neccisary, like when teachers were teaching, never said anything. Turns out, this teacher never checked homework anyways, so I got by with a final grade of C- by bullshitting every assignment given to me and praying I would pass the tests, which was not common.

I did all of this for the greater good of my grades. There were many tears, but mostly triumphs. I fear high school.

Everything. School sucks. Thank God I don't have to go to school anymore.

COVER YOUR BUTTS THIS IS GONNA GET WELL RANTY

well there are multiple things the fact that (not to hate on anyone) well all the kids who need a little bit of help from T.As are completely immune to the detention system so this kid called James walks up to my science teacher and boom just an "okay James bring it in tomorrow "but then no you thought i was finished? no a kid who doesn't need a T.A walkes up and says the exact same thing BANG! detention so much for equality oh and i haven't even got started on that.

BOOM me begin chapter 2 : okay so i'm a regular ordinary guy who's okay a bit strange you wanna know how people act? like complete and utter assholes why 'cause they want to i mean i almost drew on a guys face with PERMANENT MARKER key word PERMANENT why because they pissed me off by chucking rubbers yes rubbers at my back with the key aim to piss me off and another girl guess what just guess she said she'd call the police because i wouldn't do what she said arrogant much? yes extremely! i'm not acting like everything should be perfect because it shouldn't but when someone does that you know something went wrong somewhere. thank-you for listening 

(edited)

I used to like my current school during my first years, but, onto my final years of schooling (will be 18 next year, and that means that at the end of the year, I can finally graduate. Yay!) I've started to realize that school kind of sucks, and nobody should really have to go through all the pain it can inflict. Here are my reasons why:

• The immature kids at my school who are obsessed with topics like sex, drugs and drama to a concerning degree. They also like to threaten anyone who dares stand up for themselves, or what they believe in and they have a massive superiority complex, and they are hypocrites and bullies. This is followed by the fact that they will stop at nothing to seem "cool", even if it breaks the law (recently we had a kid arrested by local police for dealing and taking drugs. ON SCHOOL GROUNDS. And I have the "pleasure" of having to put up with a kid in my class who often jokes about how he supposedly breaks the law all the time. Well, at this point I don't even think he's joking and would do this stupid shit). I have also had a few... Unpleasant experiences with some kids last term, as I remember one kid who treated me almost like a slave while I was in the toilet. And told me to "piss off" while I was still doing things in there, followed by doing the same thing when I was drying my hands. I also remember him laughing at me later on by the time we both left the bathroom and went our separate ways.
  • The dull environment and almost unusable bathrooms. Makes you want to sleep.
  • The school work. Should be easy, but it isn't because of the immature kids in my classroom. I also don't get the point in doing the same exact work for over 2 decades when this work is pretty much useless out in the real world. Really, why bother with school work for over 2 decades when, in that time, you could be deeply invested in learning about that dream job you had as a kid. And you know, follow your dreams, as we are all told.

Pretty ironic coming from someone with a Twilight Sparkle Gravatar, I know. But, when asked questions like this, I gotta be honest.

Edited by shoyrumaster11
  • Brohoof 1

I used to like my current school during my first years, but, onto my final years of schooling (will be 18 next year, and that means that at the end of the year, I can finally graduate. Yay!) I've started to realize that school kind of sucks, and nobody should really have to go through all the pain it can inflict. Here are my reasons why:

• The immature kids at my school who are obsessed with topics like sex, drugs and drama to a concerning degree. They also like to threaten anyone who dares stand up for themselves, or what they believe in and they have a massive superiority complex, and they are hypocrites and bullies. This is followed by the fact that they will stop at nothing to seem "cool", even if it breaks the law (recently we had a kid arrested by local police for dealing and taking drugs. ON SCHOOL GROUNDS. And I have the "pleasure" of having to put up with a kid in my class who often jokes about how he supposedly breaks the law all the time. Well, at this point I don't even think he's joking and would do this stupid shit). I have also had a few... Unpleasant experiences with some kids last term, as I remember one kid who treated me almost like a slave while I was in the toilet. And told me to "piss off" while I was still doing things in there, followed by doing the same thing when I was drying my hands. I also remember him laughing at me later on by the time we both left the bathroom and went our separate ways.
  • The school work. Should be easy, but it isn't because of the immature kids in my classroom. I also don't get the point in doing the same exact work for over 2 decades when this work is pretty much useless out in the real world. Really, why bother with school work for over 2 decades when, in that time, you could be deeply invested in learning about that dream job you had as a kid. And you know, follow your dreams, as we are all told.

Pretty ironic coming from someone with a Twilight Sparkle Gravatar, I know. But, when asked questions like this, I gotta be honest.

you make my place sound like paridise

(edited)

• The immature kids at my school who are obsessed with topics like s**, drugs and drama to a concerning degree. They also like to threaten anyone who dares stand up for themselves, or what they believe in and they have a massive superiority complex, and they are hypocrites and bullies. This is followed by the fact that they will stop at nothing to seem "cool", even if it breaks the law (recently we had a kid arrested by local police for dealing and taking drugs. ON SCHOOL GROUNDS. And I have the "pleasure" of having to put up with a kid in my class who often jokes about how he supposedly breaks the law all the time. Well, at this point I don't even think he's joking and would do this stupid s***). I have also had a few... Unpleasant experiences with some kids last term, as I remember one kid who treated me almost like a slave while I was in the toilet. And told me to "piss off" while I was still doing things in there, followed by doing the same thing when I was drying my hands. I also remember him laughing at me later on by the time we both left the bathroom and went our separate ways.
:blink: Wow... You nailed most of my classmates there. Especially this one kid who has the reputation of being a Class Clown when he's supposed to just do his work. Every time anyone raises their hand to answer a question, he has to make a jokey comment. It ticks me and the teachers at my school off, but the rest of the class laughs away... He gets sent to the office often. I may have Autism, but I'm real sure that I would still make a good friend. I'm literally the only one trying to make new friends in every single "click" of our class. My only true friends being here on the forums... It's sad really. It's gotten to the point now, that MY OWN COUSIN will not talk to me in public there. I'm literally to the boiling point with my class and I'm only a Sophomore in H.S.. >_>

Then, there's the Virtual School program. Oh, If only you guys were there. We had to constantly call the teachers and maintenance from the site. Not that the class clown really got a grade from it. Because it was cancelled at the end of 1st semester! Everybody got a big, fat D- Something that we where supposed to have for H.S. Oceanography ended up being College level Marine Biology. Plus we didn't get started till early September, while Chicago students got started in July. Why not sync the classes??? Plus everyday we waste a tree with homework.

The only thing that keeps me sane is the teachers. Most of the teachers are pretty nice here. :D

I hope the school lunchs you eat is better than mine, our school only serves 3 things that are good. Being Pizza, Cheesesticks, and Hamburgers. -_-

Edited by CinnamonPop
  • Brohoof 1

I don't go to school anymore, but from what I remember was:

• How noisy people were in class, I couldn't concentrate!
  • They're was a lot of rude people there
  • Sometimes the cafeteria food was.. less than good in my opinion
  • The bussing schedule was out of whack, sometimes the busses would arrive 20 minutes early or 1 hour late
  • No one wanted to talk to me :(

That's all I can really remember.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My college high-key only cares about its reputation, and so it often does it's best to silence any concerns that the student body raises instead of confronting and resolving them.

Also there's a sushi station but none of the sushi is on the meal plan, so I just have to stare sadly at it every day because god knows I don't have $6.99

Spoiler

the guy behind the sushi counter looking at me like:

post-2257-0-03259200-1367310648.thumb.jpg.cd628883326dd3bad7d3e89e8d029253.jpg

meanwhile, me:

source.gif.1af107d1993bb9d3f6d99b1726bb43df.gif

On the bright side, I love all my professors here :squee:

Edited by TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos

In terms of my university that I graduated from a couple of years back, I actually didn't have many complaints. I do wish they had my degree in undergraduate. I wish they had an English horn, so I could have gotten to play that. I wish that foreign languages had been offered more so I could have gotten at least some of that out of the way while I was there.

Elementary: Don't care. Middle school: why bother. High School: yawn. Collage: fuck this. What does all have in common?

I rarely experiences the time when I'm actually motived to learn or engaged with my studies. Let alone, enjoy learning. You study to get a letter stamped on your work and for what? It's pointless. Everything to them is competitions. I think the only classes I enjoyed without having to worry about all this shit is History and my high school chemistry. Then you would've staffs or the system wonders why students are failing when the problems is right there but yet they refused to take it to make the change.

Another thing I hate is how most professors aren't great with teaching and are lazy to teach by giving their students a textbook to read or transfer things from the textbook that doesn't mean shit. I'd have to spent most of the time researching on the internet and teaching myself. Self-taught is actually more effective than hearing it from a lecture. It's ridiculous honestly. It such a wasted of money to be paying for the class and the professor who doesn't do what they're paying to do. Heck I should be getting paid for the hours I put in for myself.

The school’s obsession with making rules that solve problems that don’t exist, like banning hoods because people are vaping in them (literally one person did it and of course they think everyone’s doing it)