Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you hate about your school?

~Sugar Sprinkles~

- The lack of funds actually put into the school despite all the sponsors we apparently have

- Teachers who think they’re so high and mighty that everything they do is right and everything we do is wrong

- Teachers who don’t teach at all and basically abandon you

- Practice tests the whole school is forced to take “to better our test taking skills”

- Projects piled on top of each other (getting multiple projects at once)

- Metal detectors and the people there who mess up the order of all your stuff when they search your bags

- Taking home textbooks that never get used

- Reading books that are “full of symbolism” but can’t make any original characters and stick with stock ones

- All types of math

I'm gonna split high school and college since they were two polar opposites.

High school:

• Very limited club options and time
  • Garbage WiFi
  • Lunches were barely edible, but that was Michelle Obama's fault, not the school's
  • Government class
  • Foreign language classes (not technically a class we had to take, but I wanted to graduate with an advanced diploma which required a foreign language)

That's about it. I actually had a really good high school, and I didn't even have serious complaints with more than just a couple students. They were unironically the best years of my life so far, and it'll probably stay that way, at least for a good while longer. College was an entirely different monster, though.

College:

• Food that was legitimately inedible
  • Slightly less garbage WiFi than high school, but still bad
  • The city it was set in was a shit hole
  • The campus was also a shit hole, and the quad tended to flood during rain. It's on the coast, so it usually rained heavily at least one day every week
  • The students were degenerates in every stretch of the word. I can count every good person I met on one hand, compared to high school where I can count every bad person I met on one hand, maybe two if I get nitpicky
  • More on the students, a lot of people liked to smoke weed in the dorms and the staff wouldn't do a damn thing about it. All the vents in my dorm were connected, so I had to deal with that revolting stench pretty often. I'd get fed up and go to the library, and eventually I'd had enough and just taped cardboard over the vents. Of course, that doesn't help when your suitemates do it sometimes too, and the smell comes through the shared bathroom
  • Nobody gave a shit. I was in a few 200 level classes as a freshman, and I'd hear some students complain about the classes being hard while they put in no effort or played games on their laptops or whatever. If you're not even gonna put in enough work to listen in class, then don't bother showing up. You're not going into thousands of dollars of debt just for a four year long room party

I could go on. I could talk about the many robberies in the dorms, or about how the washing machines flooded the third floor of one of the dorms once, or how most of the professors somehow seemed to care even less than the students, but I think that's enough.

Edited by Booker

I haven't had many issues in college so far, so I'll just post what happened to me in high school.

High School: 

My choir teacher was such a bitch, and I (for whatever reason) was the main target in our class. I mean, we were at UIL practice and I had a small seizure (the kind where I just kinda stare for a while, and my eyebrow twitches a bit. No big deal.) And she told me to go home so I wouldn't give a bad impression on the judges. (I didn't go home. I was fine.)

She also subtly asked me NOT to come on our Choir trip to Disney because she was "concerned about me." Like, she legit pulled me to the side and told me this.

While everyone else had a 100% in the class, I was stuck at a 99 percent, which seems like such a pointless grade. 

I never got picked for anything, and I was scared to go near her.

The only time she showed any sort of concern about me was the week before finals when I got sick in the middle of class and threw up all over the risers.

Oh, and let's not mention that she blamed ME for having a mental breakdown in the moddle of Magic Kingdom, even though it was my friend who had done that. My friend even admitted that she did it, and that it wasn't my fault.

Yet my teacher still blamed me.

She even threatened to send the two of us on a flight back home.

But, karma's a bitch, just like her. 

She got fired the year after I graduated high school.

Thank god.

Edited by Emerald Heart
  • Brohoof 1

Long hallways, smelling like old Snus (tobacco product you place under your lip) and sweaty gym clothes, and a bully placed in every classroom doorway, looking at you.

My experience was terror. The school was one of the worst. The teachers was a much a bully as the next bully. Surviving the hallways was key to staying alive! There were orthodox tactics involved.