Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Many Season Will MLP: FiM Last?

Gone Airbourne

My guess would be that it would be at most nine seasons, and seven at the least. Since the show is an advertisement for the toys, it will go away with the G4 toys, and the last two generations lasted 7 years each. Granted, G4 is the most popular since G1, and that lasted for a little over 10 years, although the cartoon tie ins were a different approach than they're taking now.

• 2 years later...

I think I read somewhere that the creators said it might go on for 10 seasons. We're on season 7 now and the fanbase is so large, it's not totally unlikely for three more. I'm pretty season 8 is confirmed.

23 hours ago, Forest Rainbow said:

I think I read somewhere that the creators said it might go on for 10 seasons. We're on season 7 now and the fanbase is so large, it's not totally unlikely for three more. I'm pretty season 8 is confirmed.

Maybe it's because of the news that Hasbro has plans for ponies to last 5 years, and I think that was back in S5, so it coincides with a possible tenth season. Still, we may get a spinoff show 

PD: Funny this question has been going around since 2012 :dash: 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Steve Piranha said:

Funny this question has been going around since 2012 :dash: 

Well, it is an question without answer, and a pretty big one I think. That probably helps. :)

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I think "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic" will last 10 Seasons before Generation 4's run ends.

Maybe FiM will end in that season, but that won't be necessarily the end of G4. There could be an spinoff or two before it actually ends 

• Brohoof 2

Hopefully more than one more. I mean who wouldn't want to spend ten more years watching MLP. I wouldn't get bored at all. In addition, who wouldn't want to see Flurry Heart's cutie mark and her Princess purpose. Who wouldn't want to see CMC and Pumpkin and Pound Cake grew? Who wouldn't want to see Scootaloo flying with her parents? Who wouldn't want to see Scootaloo's parents? ^^

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Ginger Ale said:

Hopefully more than one more. I mean who wouldn't want to spend ten more years watching MLP. I wouldn't get bored at all. In addition, who wouldn't want to see Flurry Heart's cutie mark and her Princess purpose. Who wouldn't want to see CMC and Pumpkin and Pound Cake grew? Who wouldn't want to see Scootaloo flying with her parents? Who wouldn't want to see Scootaloo's parents? ^^

If there is a spin of, I hope it is about Flurry who is send on a mission somewhere else, but the design and story must not compete with each other.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Hierok said:

If there is a spin of, I hope it is about Flurry who is send on a mission somewhere else, but the design and story must not compete with each other.

That would really be awesome, I strongly agree. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...