Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Many Season Will MLP: FiM Last?

Gone Airbourne

You stole my answer! influenced by this:

img-1717652-1-tumblr_m11d5o3wsK1qgtmejo1

I actually think the last season will be some sort of fan generated series of mini episodes, similar to "Double Rainboom."

But for the sake of the bet I'll bet season 6 will bring some sort of hiatus, then maybe after a semi-short period of time either another season *or two* or a sub-series will air.

I read your post over and over again, trying to figure out how to reply to such specific information. I have finally found the perfect way.

NES-Skyrim.jpeg

No one can tell which is the final season. I predict it ending on Season 6, or 7. Let's hope it doesn't become a SpongeBob.

I'm not totally sure frankly, It could be anytime, heck S4 could be the end(Although I hope it isn't honestly, I hope they still have great episodes and ideas for a while longer).

I have this feeling the show will end at like 5-6 Seasons, even if I'd love for it to go on for like 8 or 10 or something, but I doubt it'll get to double digits honestly. Or atleast not while still being good.

So I feel like 5-6 might be the end, but who knows for sure, maybe the staff is more talented then I thought. It'll be a while before we see.

This is basically the best answer so far.

I read your post over and over again, trying to figure out how to reply to such specific information. I have finally found the perfect way.

*image*

The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma.

Also being specific in these situations gives a lot more "Dude, woa. 0.o" power than a generic "SEASON 24!" when a prediction turns out to be right.

Hmm, I would have to take a wild guess and say either Season 7 or Season 9, at best.

I really don't want this to go on longer than it should, but I'd hate to see the series finale. The tears. Oh, the tears. 

But who knows, maybe the ride never ends...

As much as I absolutely love the show, I'd rather if it ended with around 7 to 8 seasons. Because I wouldn't really want things to go on forever until they run out of good ideas and decent episodes. I like how things are right now and I'm happy with it, Twilight's a new princess with wings which gives the writers a ton of episode ideas to think about and what would be entertaining. 

Take Spongebob for example. I was basically obsessed with the show and couldn't stop watching it, but then after a while the show started to become less entertaining for me. Not just because I've gotten a tiny but more mature for childish jokes but it's just not the same spongebob as it used to be. Because I can still laugh at the old episodes and enjoy myself like before, but now it just feels different to me >.<

It may be confusing, but basically I just don't want MLP to go on 'too' long that it just loses it's touch. I'll still be a fan of course, but I'll just be less entertained and lose more interest.

• Brohoof 1

It's hard to tell exactly when it's going to end I'd love to see it continue up to 8 seasons. I mean it's a great show and good shows usually last a while of course I don't want it to turn into spongebob either though. 

• Brohoof 1

As much as I absolutely love the show, I'd rather if it ended with around 7 to 8 seasons. Because I wouldn't really want things to go on forever until they run out of good ideas and decent episodes. I like how things are right now and I'm happy with it, Twilight's a new princess with wings which gives the writers a ton of episode ideas to think about and what would be entertaining. 

Take Spongebob for example. I was basically obsessed with the show and couldn't stop watching it, but then after a while the show started to become less entertaining for me. Not just because I've gotten a tiny but more mature for childish jokes but it's just not the same spongebob as it used to be. Because I can still laugh at the old episodes and enjoy myself like before, but now it just feels different to me >.<

It may be confusing, but basically I just don't want MLP to go on 'too' long that it just loses it's touch. I'll still be a fan of course, but I'll just be less entertained and lose more interest.

I totally get what you mean. If MLP goes on for to long it just wont be the MLP we love, things will become different and watered down. I want it to end before it turns to that and end on par with how it began, a very nice show.

• Brohoof 1

I hope Season 5 or 6. I know but listen. I don't want it to over stay it's welcome. I want it to go out when people still think it's good unlike Spongebob! I want it to go out when people are still craking up at it and will remember all the good times.  :)

Except Spongebob is still good, if you ignore the people who weirdly complain about how the cast is horribly unlikeable despite the fact they have always been that way...

Whatever season it ends at, it'll get a spinoff all about the Cutie Mark Crusaders having awesome misadventures.

My opinion?  MLP FiM will continue as long as Hasbro sees the financial benefits producing a profit by spending money on the show.  And if the last quarterly statement is anything to go off of, I have a feeling that Season 4 will not be the last season  ^_^

Other than that... it just depends on how long the show can run and keep people interested.  You have to remember that the profit that Hasbro gets from selling pony merch is what encourages them to spend money on the show.  So... for as long as they keep selling stuff?

• Brohoof 2

I hope 8 seasons; several shows seem to end on the 8 seasons plan. Plus, 8 is a perfectly even number, which makes my inner OCD-behavior quite happy.  

• Brohoof 1

Someone brought up Twilicorn, and I think that's the biggest point towards this topic that anyone has brought up.

This does prove that things can be shaken up. I understand it was forced upon them, and not a writers decision, but it still happened, and it still has the story changing repercussions. We also have the Crystal Empire, which brought up whole new possibilities. If they can do this Doctor Who approach, and keep things fresh while still a bit familiar, we could go on for a good long while.

• Brohoof 3

It'll end with one of two things, or both.

1. A doomsday level villain that Twilight and co. has to stop. The conclusion of this arc will have Celestia/Luna pass on and Twilight has to become a full time princess.

2. The Mane 6 will finally split up and the lesson will be moving on after that, but knowing that Friendship is Forever.

• Brohoof 1

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

It'll end with one of two things, or both.

1. A doomsday level villain that Twilight and co. has to stop. The conclusion of this arc will have Celestia/Luna pass on and Twilight has to become a full time princess.

2. The Mane 6 will finally split up and the lesson will be moving on after that, but knowing that Friendship is Forever.

These two actually seem quite logical, especially the second one, but holy FAQ that one would make me cry, if they did it right. I mean the show's end will make me cry anyways, but that would be brutal yet make complete sense.

Reminds me of the ending to Fox and the Hound. It always gets to me.

• Brohoof 2

8 seems to be a good number of seasons to me. If they run out f character development, there's always the Cutie Mark Crusaders and the Crystal Empire to expand on.

• Brohoof 1

Betting my money on 8 seasons. (When I say betting my money, I mean my inexistant digital money ;)  That would be a good number since they'd get plenty of time to expand on everything and give us a satisfying ending.

• Brohoof 1

I'm gonna say Season 26.
Although with the release of the 8th movie "Gummy and Angel vs The World", that might be a bit delayed.

This is all just a rough estimate, of course

• Brohoof 1

Considering it's already ran far longer than most animated kids shows(81 episodes as of the end of S4), it's pretty much a crapshoot at this point. Of the top of my head, TMNT(The 80s one) ran like seven seasons, so assuming we have that kind of long runner on our hands, getting at least a season 5 would be a safe bet. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I thought of this while waiting for Season 4.

I was thinking the life span of the show will last.

Usually, shows end 10-2years if not popular. But with support, it can last for years.

I was going to be worried if. Is there going to be a series finale in the future? Is there going to be the destruction of the Fandom? 

I wanted MLP to last for years while staying G4.

I knew that Simpson actually lasted more than 20 years.  And I wanted MLP:FIM to last like that too.

Me and the bronies will cry for weeks if the show will give its last breaths in the future.

So how long it will last?

I knew that Simpson actually lasted more than 20 years.  

This part made me realize- MLP isn't as popular as the Simpsons was.

I want to say that MLP will last for more than five years, but by the time I'm afraid many people may just be burnt out on it and move on.

I do want to say it would last longer, though, but MLP is like the only think on TV that I'd watch, so what I say isn't accurate.

The monthly 'I'm worried the show is going to end soon' post. Right on schedule. ;)

The show will last as long as Hasbro believes it is still selling toys, and DHX can retain the majority of the current staff (VAs, writers, animators). Given the current market, I'd guess that DHX's staff will be the limiting factor. Once enough of them move on to other jobs, Hasbro will want to pull a G4.5 and make a 'rebooted' FiM show with a slightly different art style to cover over the loss. That will maybe get a full season, season and a half perhaps, giving Hasbro time to retool for G5.

I knew that Simpson actually lasted more than 20 years.  And I wanted MLP:FIM to last like that too.

This is actually something I don't want to see happen. There has to be a limit, a moment when we realize that continuing onward just for the sake of not letting the ride end is not a good idea. After all, there are only so many ideas a show can put out before things might end up looking stale, or before we say "Enough is enough".

There are a number of shows in their double-digit seasons, a number of which have become stale and simply there just to be there. Are there some good episodes every now and then? Probably. Enough to get everyone back on board like in the beginning? Probably not.

Better to end with a bang than go out with a whimper.

• Brohoof 4

Latest episodes of the simpsons are awful so I hope MLP doesn't get to that stage. It doesn't matter how much you love the show it gets dry repetitive and just awful if it keeps going for a stupid amount of seasons (eg 20) as I understand it each pony gen gets better as it goes on so if the show dies hey lets optimistically say Gen 5 will be amazing and take solace in that