Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Many Season Will MLP: FiM Last?

Gone Airbourne

I think it has a good 5 seasons.. Maybe 7?

But you know, anything can happen. Considering that MLP is Hasbro's most successful show at the moment, they may want to keep it going so they can get more views and money and all that malarkey.

• Brohoof 2

I think it has a good 5 seasons.. Maybe 7?

But you know, anything can happen. Considering that MLP is Hasbro's most successful show at the moment, they may want to keep it going so they can get more views and money and all that malarkey.

Not only Hasbro, but the Hub's as well, which means they get obscene amounts of advertising revenue.

My prediction is 5 and a half to 6 seasons. I just couldn't see the writers and musicians coming up with enough plots and songs that weren't variations of previous situations and melodies to last more than that. That'd be over a hundred songs and stories... With colorful ponies in a magical land free of war and most iterations of death, it'd be really hard to create engaging stories going further on than that without dipping slightly into a bit more mature territory, with something more resembling actual story arcs.

HOWEVER, some shows have done that, and done quite well with that, because the audience ages as the show goes on. So who knows. I would just prefer the show to get cancelled or non-renewed at the height of its quality than to slowly peter out into an unoriginal mess.

Do keep in mind that MLP has been around since the early 80's. So it has already existed for more than 20 years. However, I hope this gen is going to be around for at least a couple of years, and then they'll start working on a new gen. 

I thought of this while waiting for Season 4.

I was thinking the life span of the show will last.

Usually, shows end 10-2years if not popular. But with support, it can last for years.

I was going to be worried if. Is there going to be a series finale in the future? Is there going to be the destruction of the Fandom? 

I wanted MLP to last for years while staying G4.

I knew that Simpson actually lasted more than 20 years.  And I wanted MLP:FIM to last like that too.

Me and the bronies will cry for weeks if the show will give its last breaths in the future.

So how long it will last?

We don't want it to end, but everything has to come to an end eventually. It's possible that another company will buy the rights when it's almost over, but that's not definite. I hope it never ends...

The fact that bronies are such a huge 'thing' really gives me hope that MLP will last for at least 5 more seasons, although it may just inevitably come to an end when the writers decide they've done all that they can with the show and just run out of ideas, which is fine, all good things must come to an end. Who knows what the future holds.

I highly doubt we'll get more than four seasons, as the fourth itself is a stretch. The show has been going on for almost three years all ready, too. I'd imagine the toy line will actually live longer than the show, as that seems to be what happens with most things. (Generation 3 lasted from 2002-2006-ish, just to note. And it didn't have a show..) Hasbro is, yes, getting a lot of cash and such, same as the Hub for views, but I don't think the writers will have enough ideas for a million more seasons. 
As much as I love the show, I don't want it getting stale. Most shows that have lasted years, upon years, upon years, have just gotten...Bad..? I don't want MLP FIM to have the same fate. 

And it's also a My Little Pony line. If Hasbro has already had 4 and a half generations, you know they gotta swap/roll ahead. 

I highly doubt we'll get more than four seasons, as the fourth itself is a stretch...

I do not know about that. The information we have coming down the pipeline suggests the writers, directors, and Ingram have had no problems with generating content for this season whatsoever, and have done very well (of course we can only attest to this by watching it) so I highly doubt it will end here, unless for some reason all of the hubbub is for a finale, which has been suggested by no one as far as I've seen.

It will at least go on longer than four. That doesn't mean five won't be the last, or that it could get cancelled halfway through five. I just doubt it will end so immediately at four.

I think that the show will last longer than four seasons, since Hasbro needs to at least advertise more to get possibly five seasons.

Yeah there'd be no reason for them to nix the show at the height of its anticipation and popularity with both the target demographic and the ever-growing (and ever financially-supporting unlike most fandoms) brony fandom. They'd just be shooting themselves on the amount of money they could be making.

Doesn't mean it'll go on forever, of course, but season 4 is still extremely anticipated. It will all come down to how good it is and whether five is anticipated at all as well.

• Brohoof 1

Depends how far they want to take the story, or how long interest remains high enough for them to be able to keep selling the brand. I could see generation 4 lasting around 7ish seasons. 

It also depends if they reach a point where they can't make any progress with the characters. Now that we have Twilight as an alicorn the writers are going to have to adapt to that and make sure they can keep the story going without running into a brick wall.

Depends how far they want to take the story, or how long interest remains high enough for them to be able to keep selling the brand. I could see generation 4 lasting around 7ish seasons. 

It also depends if they reach a point where they can't make any progress with the characters. Now that we have Twilight as an alicorn the writers are going to have to adapt to that and make sure they can keep the story going without running into a brick wall.

Well the way I see it is if they want to go that long, they'll have to make similar developments with the other characters- great potential for story and a changing dynamic, but this will always cause controversy in the fandom.

But I mean, really, how many people left after Twilicorn? Like what, maybe at most 500 really angry people? I highly doubt there was some sort of mass exodus, and I really don't see how people didn't expect it; I may have not gotten to the episode yet, but it's pretty obvious from the beginning that Celestia was grooming Twilight for something, and what else could that something be other than a powerful Princess?

My best guesses are around 6 or 7 seasons. So I think we have watched about half of MLP:FIM. I hope that they will know the right time to end the show and not have it going for like 20 years like The Simpsons. When they know they have run out of ideas they should end the show. I would rather have 6 amazing years of MLP than 6 amazing years followed by 10 years of crap.

• Brohoof 1

I can see the show easily becoming twice as long as it currently is before ever getting stale. So, that'd give us 5-6 seasons at least. Beyond that, it's too hard to predict exactly what will happen, but here's what I think:

1. The show keeps going and remains a good, quality production. (I'd be happiest with this outcome)

2. The show comes to an end because VAs/writers/animators have to move on. Hasbro hadn't expected G4 to be so huge when it was green-lit, so they start working on a G5 with the intended set-up to allow for longevity. (I'd be sad, but alright with this happening)

3. The show is bought by Disney and gets lost in their mess of bad productions. (I really don't want this outcome)

4. The show drops off in quality, but keeps going. (This probably won't happen because you'd think most of the talent would've moved on at this point)

We're not going to see any of this for a couple years, but I thought I'd put it out there. For now, just be excited for season 4! It'll rock!

, I've merged your thread with an older one that we had for discussing how long we think G4 MLP will last, and I've also renamed the older topic slightly since many people seem to just choose to name how many seasons they think will be made.

I would be very glad to see a season five and we may be lucky to see that. There are enough ideas that they can make five seasons. After that, it may not go on. So, I may worry about the future of this program itself. I mean, I'm really sure that "Friendship is Magic" is about as good as "MLP" is going to get. I mean, the animation has really nowhere to progress and neither does the actual concepts behind the show. It makes me wonder if Hasbro will retire My Little Pony when this subseries comes to an end.

I'm pretty sure the show will last more than 4 seasons, about 6 or 7 would seem pretty accurate. There are plenty of life lessons to stuff into the episodes, but how many will be appropriate for them to fit into a show meant for little girls?

I was wondering if any pony knows what season the show will go up to because I won't to know so much thanks brohoof /) (\ I understand if you don't know it's fine by me but can you at least tell me if there'll be a season 5 thanks brohoof /) (\ again

post-19362-0-49046300-1378597044.jpg

Unless they mention before hand that they have been signed extra seasons, it will be a season by season basis. All that is confirmed right now is a season 4. If the show remains popular then there will likely be a season 5 and so on.

Who else but Hasbro? Anyway, when they do announce more seasons in the future that will be in production after Season 4 ends we will know for sure if that happens. For now, we can only speculate until said announcement occurs.

Personally, and i know this will never happen, i would like for it to go on forever at the current (as of season 3) quality or better. however, no matter how much we wish, it will never happen... :( at least there's always fan content in the meantime...