Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your earliest memory?

SrFrog

So after experiencing a rather sour night yesterday night, I decided to ask something to you all out of curiosity, that might be personal so if you don't wanna, you don't have to answer this.

What is your earliest memory? Was it a dream, a terrible nightmare, a happy memory, a sad memory? Whatever you believe is the earliest memory you can recall, share if you want. If you are not sure WHICH memory of yours is earliest, pick a few that you believe are the earliest. Try and aim before you were 5 years old for good measure.

-------

The earliest memories I WANT to say but not sure about are:

Being in nursery watching G1 My Little Pony and being extremely bored (might have been 2, it didn't help I couldn't hear anything being too young to have a hearing aid).

Screaming and crying in the nursery shower around 3 or so, hating how the water just went all over me spraying. To this day I hate closed showers.

Having a nightmare about my mom turning into a banshee and ripping me to pieces, I might have been 4 or 5.

Getting a NES and playing Ducktales as the first videogame I ever played (this is my most significant early memory and therefore my most important).

---------

My head's in a bit of a muddle because I'm rather saddened and wistful but don't worry. Just share your thoughts guys.

Lets see... Going to Disney World with my Parents and Grandparents when I was like 5 or 6

I remember my first nightmare too, it was about puppets on strings lol. That must have been when I was 3 or 4. There are lots of other vague memories I have, like when I first played NES and Gameboy and I must have only been around 4 or 5 at that time too. Also I remember playing with my toys in this football chest thing my parents got when they were living in this condo, and at that time I could only have been 2 or 3.

I remember pushing my brother down the slider onto his face when i was around 4 :)

but my mum can remember an operation she had when she was 2 :o

I think you can remember more traumatic thing's better and that's why she can :/

Not sure really, hard to gauge what time I remember everything happening. But I remember being 3-4 when I went to the RAF Leuchars Air Show, I was fascinated with jet fighters at the time, so that was awesome.

I also remember battling Pokemon cards with a friend I had in nursery when I was young as well, completely ignoring what we were actually supposed to do.

As for video game, my first console was the Sega Megadrive with Sonic the Hedgehog, quite old-school when compared with all my friends who at the time owned PS1's.

I can barely remember last week, let alone my first memory...

But, the earliest thing that i can remember is waking down the road with my mum, while having short conversation with her. I think i was around 5.

But, i also remember my parents arguing a lot (they've split up now). I don't think it was that long ago, but according to what my mum tells me, she broke up with my dad when i was 5. So, in theory, these arguments could've happened when i was 4

The earliest memory I have is being inside my crib at home one evening. I remember opening my eyes, seeing a nightlight on the other side of the bars to the left. There was a couple of crayons in my crib for some reason... still have no idea why those were in there... @_@

The earliest memories I WANT to say but not sure about are:

Being in nursery watching G1 My Little Pony and being extremely bored (might have been 2, it didn't help I couldn't hear anything being too young to have a hearing aid).

Screaming and crying in the nursery shower around 3 or so, hating how the water just went all over me spraying. To this day I hate closed showers.

Having a nightmare about my mom turning into a banshee and ripping me to pieces, I might have been 4 or 5.

Getting a NES and playing Ducktales as the first videogame I ever played (this is my most significant early memory and therefore my most important).

---------

My head's in a bit of a muddle because I'm rather saddened and wistful but don't worry. Just share your thoughts guys.

I was a little less than two years old, sitting in a high chair at home and watching my mom go about cleaning and cooking. The Price Is Right was on the TV. I can remember thinking of things that I wanted to say but not yet being able to say them properly.

Kind of weird how I can remember things from that early in my life but can't remember the majority of my childhood.

One of my earliest memories is me being at my Aunt Arlene's house. She was like my second mother; she was actually my mum's best friend, and not related to me by blood. She called me Twila when I was little, which is why I go by the name Twi here. B)

I remember it being winter, and sitting on the kitchen floor, being about two years old. . . my mum was in her work clothes (she's a nurse, in case anyone's wondering) and she was talking to Aunt Arlene about whatever. I didn't care, because I was too busy sitting on the floor near the two of them beating up my winter boot. There was a plastic bubble sewn onto one side of each boot, and each bubble contained a Polly Pocket doll. I wanted that damn doll!

• 5 years later...

Having a cast on while being driven in a car, or seeing a cargo jet up close (back when this was possible) at the hangar. Age 2 I think.

My earliest memory actually involves NASCAR and my dad. It's a memory that's so faded, it's barely there. I just remember sitting on a couch, and looking up at my dad who was sitting next to me. I vaguely remember the tv being on, and looking back on it, there was a NASCAR race on. I just remember glancing over at the tv and seeing colorful cars racing around on what seemed like an oval track? I'm pretty sure it was NASCAR. Then I remember looking up at my dad and he was telling me something, but I have no memory of what it was. Then he stood up and was smiling down at me, telling me something and pointing to the tv, and that's where I can't remember what happened next. I must've been about 2 maybe? Which makes that the year 2003. Interesting how such faded memories can play out in your head like that. :P

• Brohoof 1

My earliest memory is actually pretty funny.

As tots and kids have a tendency to be, I was rather impulsive and got myself into all sorts of trouble. Much of this trouble has been informed to me by my mother - I don't really remember it, necessarily. Running through the hospital and greeting other patients when I was still in for kidney failure, and often just creating a ruckus. Notably, I never got rowdy whenever I had shots, or at least, not since the age of five, even though I was a rambunctious little critter.

It's an impulsive action of mine that I personally remember and I've even brought up in conversation with my mother before. When I was younger, I really liked swimming. Maybe that was because of this particular experience... My neighborhood has a pool, and I've visited the pool countless times, though the first was when I was really little, like two or something. I didn't know how to swim yet, but I had the proper ability to judge risk and reward as much as a bird could count; as in, not much at all.

Aaaand I think you can see where I'm going with this.

The reason I didn't drown is probably because of some kind of mechanism kids have where their windpipe is blocked off automatically whenever they're submerged. Thankfully, my mom was right there, too, so I wasn't in the pool for very long before she pulled me out. I mean, obviously, or else I wouldn't be here making this comment, would I?

It might have been frightening for her at the time, but it's silly looking back on it now. :D

• Brohoof 1

I remember sitting way down on the front seat of my parents' car, watching the power lines overhead through the windshield as we drove by under them. I also have a memory of being in a bassinet and watching a family pet we once had, but I'm not sure if that one's a real memory or a picture I formed in my head from someone else telling me about it. 

Not sure which is the earliest but I recall these as times before I had real conversations with anyone so I would have been around three. One time I was with my grand parents and we walked down a beach path. We get to a picnic table and break out the goods. Fried chicken from Albertsons. A wasp decided it wanted in on the feast but we weren't having it, or at leas tI wasn't. So I stood up onto the table and managed to catch it in my hands. I could feel it crawling around and I looked into my palms only to watch myself be stung for the first time ever. Then came the pain. The next memory was at a beach house. The memory is confusing however because I was munching on pistachios and looking at my dad's fish tank which was of good size. I also remember there being a water bed. Thing is, he never had one so not sure where that comes in to play, but the rest checks out.

First thing I rememberrrrr!!! ....was aaaskin' papa why, for theeere were many things....I didn't knooow!  And daddy always smiled....took me by the hand, sayin' sommmeday....yooou'll understand...

Heh.  Kidding.  CCR.  :lol:

It's kind of a three-way tie.  If I reach back as far as I can, which was probably....I dunno....3, 4 years old...I remember three things clearly, but I don't know which came first.  I think they all happened basically at the same time.

I remember...

1. Playing SMB on 8-bit Nintendo. (and ultimately throwing the controller at the tv when I couldn't beat it.)
  2. Playing grocery store in my room with a set of plastic groceries and play shopping cart.
  3. Watching The Little Mermaid.  Ariel was my first crush.  I remember her being the first thing I ever felt attraction for.  She was so beautiful.  Watching her made me feel elated and excited, and hopeful that I could find someone like that to be with someday.  ~30 years later, and little has changed.  I still feel that same elation and excitement from watching The Little Mermaid, though I'm now much less hopeful that I'll ever find someone like that to be with...  :(

• 3 weeks later...