Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Good VS Bad bronies

sirseansy

jeez you could have made that appear as less of a insult, i do enough of that calling my self an asshole

I just made the point that we need think less of being bronies and more of being human beings to each other and that includes haters

Well I wasn't meant as a insult, Sorry that it did, it wasn't my intention... I was meaning that you are better than the big and worse even if you consider yourself an asshole. No one is perfect though.

• Brohoof 1

Well I wasn't meant as a insult, Sorry that it did, it wasn't my intention... I was meaning that you are better than the big and worse even if you consider yourself an asshole. No one is perfect though.

(meh im over it)

yeah me calling my self an ass hole is because i'm fully aware of my flaws and love them they keep me nailed to level ground so they i don't fly off and end up high on my own ideas along with how i look at thing in 3 different angles how positive, negative and neutral.

and like like to believe that no one is above another despite there popularity which is why i'm glad i'm kind of a echo

and it just that there rely is no "the good, the bad, the worse" its just Personal opinion personal opinion and personal opinion and who those opinions are carried along by individual people it why i dont throw my self in as a bronie and dont judge people with it either so having a good brony bad brony seems pointless

which does seem hypacritical of me at times because i have a seperate lable for bronies who are smug and high on there ideas "canterlot bronies"

Edited by PonyEcho

Well, you take the good

You take the bad

You take them both and there you have...

The fact is, there is no good or bad bronies. As united as we appear, we're all still very different people. Different opinions, different ideas...different socks... But we love the show, and we express our love of it in whatever way we will.

Bad bronies? Well, I don't call one a bad brony, but a brony who makes disappointing actions.

Those often are:

-they who shove it down people's throats

-they who are clop or grims who shove things they like in other brony throats who don't like it

-they who act like bronies are some kind of cult

-they who are hypocrites to "love and tolerance"

Examples:

"OMG YOUR SUCH A JERK GO DIE IN A HOLE, WERE ALL ABOUT LUV N TOLERANCE"

Go die in a hole and love and tolerance in one sentence? You don't even deserve a facehoof.

"My fellow brony brethren... there are haters who-"

Woah Woah. Brethren? Are we some type of cult? No, were are just people who like a show.

"Omg dude watech MLP already come on come on watch it"

Just shut up. Seriously, you are a big part if what people look down upon on both sides. He doesn't want to watch it? Leave him alone.

--

Seriously, these just bring negative attention to us.

I'll say this right now, before giving my opinion on the 'good vs bad' thing.

I'm almost 100 percent sure that BaldDumboRat made this blog as a joke. I read through her post all the way and while I agree with some of it, I also found some of it to be absolutely hilarious (like the Fluttershy being a cure for cancer thing). And why not? I always make fun of things I like, including this show.

As for the 'good vs bad' thing, I don't think it's cut and dry like some people think it is. There's alot of ways to look at things, and it really depends on the opinion of the person that's defining it. What one person might think is alright, another person might get annoyed by. It's all a matter of perception.

Edited by SBaby
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm, guess I'm not certain if I'm a 'good' or 'bad' brony. All I do know is I tend to try my best to keep my mlp art amongts the brony community. And when I'm talking to other bronies I use words like 'everypony', and when talking to people who aren't bronies I use words like 'everybody'

I'll say this right now, before giving my opinion on the 'good vs bad' thing.

I'm almost 100 percent sure that BaldDumboRat made this blog as a joke.

(s)he didn't make this. (s)he reblogged it, saying how she thought it was stupid. I couldn't get a link to his/her reblogged version of it.

"My fellow brony brethren... there are haters who-" Woah Woah. Brethren? Are we some type of cult? No, were are just people who like a show.

I am sorry but:

brethren

plural noun

fellow members.

Archaic, brothers.

We all like a show called MLP:FIM we all share that :) everyone has the ups and downs. In the end you just have to look past those things. Bronies in general rock.

Eeyup

As for the 'good vs bad' thing, I don't think it's cut and dry like some people think it is. There's alot of ways to look at things, and it really depends on the opinion of the person that's defining it. What one person might think is alright, another person might get annoyed by. It's all a matter of perception.

Eeyup

and it just that there rely is no "the good, the bad, the worse" its just Personal opinion personal opinion and personal opinion and who those opinions are carried along by individual people it why i dont throw my self in as a bronie and dont judge people with it either so having a good brony bad brony seems pointless

My view what a brony is: A person (Male or Female) that enjoys My Little Pony: Friendship is magic, and like to communicate with others with similar interest of the show.

Edited by Ethan Pow

My view what a brony is: A person (Male or Female) that enjoys My Little Pony: Friendship is magic, and like to communicate with others with similar interest of the show.

(incoming jumbledness)

true but its a chose to use the label or not, Personally i prefer Fake-Brony (yet i cant remember when i was constantly called it, either on Youtube or Equestria forum) if i have to pick a label

but i don't have to its my choice and i'm free to like and dislike what i want and give opinions like "MLP FIM is trash in comparison the the Batman Animated series and Animaniacs "

if i was devoted to the word brony my view would likely be corrupted because that's what can happen when you're part of a big group and i know i'm not immune to that kind of thing no one is

I follow a lot of pony related blogs on the Tumblr's. One of my favorites is BaldDumboRat's (the fanon derpy voice actor) personal blog. While perusing my dash I came across a post (s)he reblogged. It listed 24 characteristics that made bronies either "good" or "bad." http://ask-bhaalspaw...and-a-bad-brony

I personally think 87% of it is a load of shit, but it got me wondering: can we really define a good brony or a bad one?

I figured I'd ask you guys about it.

PS: BDR was very clear in her reblogging that (s)he thought it was a load of shit too.

I personally believe that brony is as much a hobby or title

as owning a car or drivers license is. It just says hey I watch MLP: FIM.

BUT!!

This is important...

What really decides a "bad brony" as you call it is how the person really acts AS A PERSON.

For instance, of this brony has killed or harmed another person, that makes him a bad person

not a bad brony, or if someone trolls on the internet, just because he is a brony dosnt mean he is a

bad brony, dosnt mean that bronies are bad. Just means as a peron he trolls, and is a troll. People

need to stop blaming a persons bad habits with being a brony.

My main point here ^^

Edited by Icewing

I'm unsure. I think those things define someone who's using the show to support themselves during a time of crisis (which can make them very serious and volatile about it) or who is still very immature as a person more than it describes a "good" or a "bad" brony. Semantics, I guess...

• Brohoof 1

Here's my best answer to this...

A good brony keeps his negative opinion to him/herself.

A bad brony makes a blog entry on what they think defines a good or bad brony.

Sure abit of that is true but all it means is that there are varying degrees of enjoyment and self control in our fandom like MANY others and not something to put judgement on.

I'm not going to argue with people or the tumblr post creator.

However I will say, that there are annoying traits and likeable traits, some of them on the list aren't necessarily either or and is not so black and white. However I do see people around with the annoying traits more often. And I agree it annoys me, but that doesn't make them bad, it makes them annoying.

If you like the show, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, then you are a brony. There are not "good" or "bad" bronies. Just bronies. What we choose to do with our appreciation of the show will differ, but we all still bronies.

There's nopony I strongly dislike more than somepony who wants to divide and separate the fandom.

Edited by Hamez

(s)he didn't make this. (s)he reblogged it, saying how she thought it was stupid. I couldn't get a link to his/her reblogged version of it.

Ok, this actually makes more sense, given the kind of person she is. She's even joked about Fluttershy curing cancer and FiM giving people Diabetes in her Portal 2 LP ('Do I really give people Diabetes, Doctor?'). It's pretty much the same kind of stuff everyone jokes about.

I think the only thing that really makes a brony a bad brony is if they deliberately go around stirring up drama with people who don't like the show. And I don't think anybrony here really does that (see what I did there).

Here's my best answer to this...

A good brony keeps his negative opinion to him/herself.

A bad brony makes a blog entry on what they think defines a good or bad brony.

Sure abit of that is true but all it means is that there are varying degrees of enjoyment and self control in our fandom like MANY others and not something to put judgement on.

Just keep in mind that BDR re-blogged this. It isn't her opinion. In fact, it looks like she flat-out disagrees with it.