Roll, Bap or Bun?

Fubz

39 users have voted

1. 1. Is this a Roll, Bap or Bun?

• Roll
    • Bap
    • Bun

Posted Image

Um I can't tell, is this a bun, a bap or a roll? Please don't get too argumentative. I know these sort of threads can cause a lot of argument but it's quite important to me that I find out. Please state a reason why for your answer as well. There's no point just voting.

Edited by Fubz

that good sir is a ROLL! always through all of school

it is known as a roll mash'd potatoes and a roll nothing else nothing more unless it was called something different it is a roll lol

It seems to short to be a roll though, more like a bun on the height side. I can see why you're saying roll though. It does have the 'bapish' sort of corners however and the picture is quite good quality so feel free for a in depth inspection.

What? There's differences between these things? And what's a bap!? Isn't it just a piece of bread? I'm so confused, I just voted and said it was a bun. :blink:

All I know is that it's not a cupcake or a muffin.

Buns.Why you ask?Posted Image<-----Bang

But no really Buns>All forms of bread.Cinnamon buns simply cannot be beaten *shrug*

Btw I've never heard anyone say "Bap" before

Dang it D: I wasn't specific enough in my question. I meant is the picture a bun, bap or roll? I prefer rolls anyways if you'd ask that question. Morton rolls from Scotland are de best

Dang it D: I wasn't specific enough in my question. I meant is the picture a bun, bap or roll? I prefer rolls anyways if you'd ask that question. Morton rolls from Scotland are de best

LOLOLOLOL

Omfg. I just had the ultimate derpy moment.. I didn't read the OP because I thought that this was just another Poll asking about bread *Facehoof* omg

That my good sir is a bun

• Brohoof 1

Well a bap's like a Cob or a Barm or a Stottie. Cobs are a wee bit bigger though... Teacakes? D: It's important that you learn your bread types. IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE

Well a bap's like a Cob or a Barm or a Stottie. Cobs are a wee bit bigger though... Teacakes? D: It's important that you learn your bread types. IT COULD SAVE YOUR LIFE

But I'm an american, I don't know what a Bap, Barm, teacake, or Stottie is. and the only cob I know of has corn on it.

Can you show me pictures?

I'm pretty sure it's all three...they all pretty much mean the same thing, just that different regions use different names.

A lot of people I know call them "barms/barmcakes" or "nudgers", but I've known them to be called "cobs" too.

• 6 years later...

That is a hamburger BUN. A roll is something sweet, and a bap...well, I've never heard of a bap, but I like the sound of it so I might have to start calling buns baps from now on. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

English is a foreign language to me, but I use these words in the following way.

roll - in case of a hard crust

bun  - in case of a soft crust (liker burger buns)

I haven't encountered the word bap before

So this has a soft crust (as far as I can tell) so I would call it a bun

When I do it wrong, please tell me :)

Edited by Astral Soul