Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP inspired makeup!

Lolly

I just uploaded a tutorial to my Youtube channel of some makeup I did which was inspired by MLP!

Here it is!:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=8irOMgtewjw

Here is a photo version of the tutorial:

Posted Image

What do you think? I would love to do a Fluttershy inspired look one day!

(If you have time, please drop by the video and give it a 'thumbs up' - not many of my subscribers are MLP fans! Haha)

I hope this is the right place to post this - I'm new, so please forgive me if it isn't! :) <3

• Brohoof 6

OMG thats pretty!

but the rest of the face is a bit dull, you should have do at least a little thing with the cheeks and lips :<

its really nice to see pro people in those forums :3

• Brohoof 1

OMG thats pretty!

but the rest of the face is a bit dull, you should have do at least a little thing with the cheeks and lips :<

Thank you! Yes, I decided to do the face 'nude' because it makes the eyes more prominent. Also, when doing extreme makeup, it's hard to not look like a clown! I did think about doing some pink on the lips and cheeks but then decided against it for that reason! <3

• Brohoof 3

I think that is really clever how you made the eyes bigger. I may have to us this for halloween. :)

Thankyou for the idea and tutorial!

Thank you! :) Yay! If you use it for Halloween you should definitely post a photo of how it goes here so we can see it! Ah, I love Halloween so much, I seriously can't wait for it to be here! <3

• Brohoof 2

OMG thats pretty!

As she already mentioned, if you're doing a strong eye you want to keep the rest of the face neutral. It draws focus to the eyes while also keeping you from looking clownish.

Very stunning and original, nice job :)

• Brohoof 1

As one who fancies himself as an enthusiast on the subject of pretty girls, I'm gonna have to say 'No'. while i give you major props for creativity and artistry, the extreme look has never appealed to me, I have always preferred a more naturalistic look. of course that's just my opinion, and I can see this look working for a Ballet dancer or something, but If i saw someone wearing this on the street I would probably think they were insecure about something.

With all due respect. Page Turner

on a side note: how do you get anything done in those nails?

Edited by Page Turner

As one who fancies himself as an enthusiast on the subject of pretty girls, I'm gonna have to say 'No'. while i give you major props for creativity and artistry, the extreme look has never appealed to me, I have always preferred a more naturalistic look. of course that's just my opinion, and I can see this look working for a Ballet dancer or something, but If i saw someone wearing this on the street I would probably think they were insecure about something.

With all due respect. Page Turner

on a side note: how do you get anything done in those nails?

Haha thank you, but my interest isn't in gaining the attention of men :lol: my passion is creativity, and I adore playing around with makeup. It just makes more sense to me to do what I want to do, and look how I want to look, instead of living my life for other people..... if you get what I mean. :huh:

The nails are purely for decoration purposes, I don't do anything practical in them (I couldn't even if I wanted to, as you pointed out! ^_^ )

I don't walk around like this either, I do wear a lot of makeup, but not as much as I am here. I have a photo of me in less makeup here:

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/522907_10150666841788380_338682993_n.jpg

But I do usually wear a lot.

I would prefer a potential partner to like me for who I am - a good, kind, compassionate person - instead of what I look like........ but I didn't post here to be judged on my 'prettiness', I just posted here because I love MLP........ :) <3

• Brohoof 2

Haha thank you, but my interest isn't in gaining the attention of men :lol: my passion is creativity, and I adore playing around with makeup. It just makes more sense to me to do what I want to do, and look how I want to look, instead of living my life for other people..... if you get what I mean. :huh:

The nails are purely for decoration purposes, I don't do anything practical in them (I couldn't even if I wanted to, as you pointed out! ^_^ )

I don't walk around like this either, I do wear a lot of makeup, but not as much as I am here. I have a photo of me in less makeup here:

http://a2.sphotos.ak...338682993_n.jpg

But I do usually wear a lot.

I would prefer a potential partner to like me for who I am - a good, kind, compassionate person - instead of what I look like........ but I didn't post here to be judged on my 'prettiness', I just posted here because I love MLP........ :) <3

I respect that, and was simply offering my critique, I did not say 'how dare you wear makeup!' i simply gave my personal opinion. and for the record, the picture you linked to looks very nice.

I respect that, and was simply offering my critique, I did not say 'how dare you wear makeup!' i simply gave my personal opinion. and for the record, the picture you linked to looks very nice.

Being a girl myself, I only wear mascara, but that's solely because I also would rather a guy like me for my personality than how I look.

I mean, I would never wear that makeup (no offense, Lolly) because I choose not to. But I think it shows a lot of creativity on her part, and she's gorgeous with very little anyways *laughs*

Edited by PinkieDaShy
  • Brohoof 1

I know, I'm just pointing out that not every female wearing makeup is doing so to attract men :lol:

And thank you, I'm still not sure how to feel about that photo myself! Haha

Being a girl myself, I only wear mascara, but that's solely because I also would rather a guy like me for my personality than how I look.

I mean, I would never wear that makeup (no offense, Lolly) because I choose not to. But I think it shows a lot of creativity on her part, and she's gorgeous with very little anyways *laughs*

Thank you haha :) But I have the same reason as you, if I wanted a guy to like me for my appearance I would wear less makeup. Most guys don't like heavy makeup, as you just witnessed! ^_^ We're best just living life how we like, that way if someone likes you they will like you for who you truly are! :) <3

• Brohoof 3

I know, I'm just pointing out that not every female wearing makeup is doing so to attract men :lol:

And thank you, I'm still not sure how to feel about that photo myself! Haha

Thank you haha :) But I have the same reason as you, if I wanted a guy to like me for my appearance I would wear less makeup. Most guys don't like heavy makeup, as you just witnessed! ^_^ We're best just living life how we like, that way if someone likes you they will like you for who you truly are! :) <3

huh, that's... really smart actually. most women will put on obsine amounts of make up in order to say "Look how pretty I am!" but you have realized the contradiction and used it to your advantage. Good for you.
  • Brohoof 1

Very beautiful makeup from a beautiful mind. You're so wise and intelligent yet so creative. A Fluttershy one would be brilliant!

Haha thank you :lol: I really hope to do one for all 6 main ponies! It seems like it would be a lot of fun to do! The only problem is finding the right wigs! <3

• Brohoof 1