Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What ethnicity would the Mane 6 be as humans?

Lolly

What ethnicity would the mane 6 be?  

106 users have voted

1. 1. Twilight Sparkle

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  2. 2. FlutterShy

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  3. 3. PinkiePie

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  4. 4. Rarity

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  5. 5. AppleJack

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  6. 6. Rainbow Dash

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other

So I've seen a lot of fan art that shows the mane 6 as humans but all of them are always white. I don't know why, but it just looked so strange to me - expecially with Twighlight Sparkle! I just assumed she would be dark skinned. Then I got to thinking about the others. Here's what I think would look about right to me:

Twighlight Sparkle: Very Dark Skinned

Pinkie Pie: Brown (Indian?)

Rainbow Dash: Light Brown

Apple Jack: Tanned

FlutterShy: White

Rarity: Very pale (Japanese?)

Anyway, I'm really interested to see what everyone else thinks. Have you thought about it or not? Did you think it looked strange seeing one or more of them as white? <3

• Brohoof 1

I can only imagine them all as white. I dunno why, I just can't see them as anything else. I've seen some fan-art with black Twilight and it just doesn't look right to me.

• Brohoof 12

Well, i honestly think that all the ponies are the same ethnicity as their voice actors, and to the best of my knowledge, all the VA's are white.

I don't get why some people portray Twilight as black (yes, i said black), even if she has dark fur. The show has hinted that black's (or at least Africans) are Zebra's in the pony universe.

However, i always saw Rainbow Dash as being dark skinned. I don't know why, but she sounds like she has a bit of a foreign accent to me.

• Brohoof 3

I can only imagine them all as white. I dunno why, I just can't see them as anything else. I've seen some fan-art with black Twilight and it just doesn't look right to me.

Ah, I haven't seen any of her black.

I think I just see her like that because she's dark purple....... I'm not sure. It's strange how we have completely different perceptions of how they'd look as humans - it's so interesting! :D <3

Well, i honestly think that all the ponies are the same ethnicity as their voice actors, and to the best of my knowledge, all the VA's are white.

I don't get why some people portray Twilight as black (yes, i said black), even if she has dark fur. The show has hinted that black's (or at least Africans) are Zebra's in the pony universe.

However, i always saw Rainbow Dash as being dark skinned. I don't know why, but she sounds like she has a bit of a foreign accent to me.

Black skin and rainbow hair don't seem like a good combination though, not that I know anything about fashion.

I see all of them as white.

Haha I say 'black' too but that's because I live in the UK and that's what we say over here. But I know Americans are a little more sensitive about race and whatnot. So I didn't want to offend any Americans.

I know the Zebra is from Africa but I meant ethnicity, not place-of-birth.

At least we agree on Rainbow Dash! Haha :lol: <3

Black skin and rainbow hair don't seem like a good combination though, not that I know anything about fashion.

I see all of them as white.

I see her as a light brown - like someone who is 1/4 black. Just a tint of it in her skin tone. I'm not sure why. I guess I can imagine her as white too, but light brown just seems more natural to me personally! :lol: <3

• Brohoof 1

All of the voice actresses are white therefor the ponies, for me, are white. I really can't imagine them any other colors. Maybe if one was voiced by someone of a different ethnicity...

• Brohoof 4

Funny,The best Fan art I've seen has twilight tanned in it Posted Image

I don't think she'd be dark skinned but I do like the idea of her with a slight tan/Light skinned :)

• Brohoof 4

Funny,The best Fan art I've seen has twilight tanned in it Posted Image

I don't think she'd be dark skinned but I do like the idea of her with a slight tan/Light skinned :)

That drawing is so good! :o I love her hair so much!

It still looks a little strange to me, even though she's tanned. I wish I could draw and then I could draw her as I see her! Haha <3

Funny,The best Fan art I've seen has twilight tanned in it

First, white people can be tan and it's STILL called white. Second of all her skin color is pretty much the exact same as Tara Strong, Twilights voice actor. Shocker.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately! I find humanizations to be a fun exercise in creativity, so here's my headcanons.

Twilight: Egyptian. I think it's her eye shape, as well as the tone of her coat. Seems like it'd transition well into a human design.

Rarity: I love the idea of her being Asian, actually. I saw a drawing of her a while back as a curvaceous Asian woman and it was oddly perfect.

Rainbow Dash: Spanish. I love RD's with a deeper skin tone, and the idea of her mouthing off to someone in quick, staccatoed Spanish is very amusing to me.

Fluttershy: White, with skin so fair she actually burns in the sun. She's a girl who's too small for her body in my mind, so she's a bit on the plump, big side. But very cuddly and just adorable to boot.

Applejack: Biracial mix of Caucasian and African, perhaps?

Pinkie Pie: I could see her being white, too. But I see her as the sort who's half-way between plump and skinny. She's got wide hips and a bit of a tummy from too much sweets, but stays active enough that her metabolism keeps her pretty slim for the most part.

• Brohoof 4

That drawing is so good! :o I love her hair so much!

It still looks a little strange to me, even though she's tanned. I wish I could draw and then I could draw her as I see her! Haha <3

I know it's very well done :)

I guess we can't all have the same preferences huh? XD

You could always Trace and color it in yourself LOL

First, white people can be tan and it's STILL called white. Second of all her skin color is pretty much the exact same as Tara Strong, Twilights voice actor. Shocker.

Yeah I know I'm just saying a little bit of a tan looks good on her :). I do see the resemblance but Tara looks lighter IMO.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately! I find humanizations to be a fun exercise in creativity, so here's my headcanons.

Twilight: Egyptian. I think it's her eye shape, as well as the tone of her coat. Seems like it'd transition well into a human design.

Rarity: I love the idea of her being Asian, actually. I saw a drawing of her a while back as a curvaceous Asian woman and it was oddly perfect.

Rainbow Dash: Spanish. I love RD's with a deeper skin tone, and the idea of her mouthing off to someone in quick, staccatoed Spanish is very amusing to me.

Fluttershy: White, with skin so fair she actually burns in the sun. She's a girl who's too small for her body in my mind, so she's a bit on the plump, big side. But very cuddly and just adorable to boot.

Applejack: Biracial mix of Caucasian and African, perhaps?

Pinkie Pie: I could see her being white, too. But I see her as the sort who's half-way between plump and skinny. She's got wide hips and a bit of a tummy from too much sweets, but stays active enough that her metabolism keeps her pretty slim for the most part.

Wow that's all so interesting! I never even thought about any of them being plump or anything! Or Egyptian!

I actually thought Fluttershy would be really tiny. I can imagine her eating like a little mouse - so cute!

I can see what you mean with Pinkie Pie though, definitely! Haha - I guess all the jumping around would prevent her from being too overweight but there's no way anyone can eat that many sweets and not be at least a little chubby! <3

I know it's very well done :)

I guess we can't all have the same preferences huh? XD

You could always Trace and color it in yourself LOL

Yeah I know I'm just saying a little bit of a tan looks good on her :). I do see the resemblance but Tara looks lighter IMO.

Haha you're right! I actually like that though - the world would be so dull if everyone thought the same! There would be nothing to talk about! :lol:

And I might have a little go at making them as Sims or something :lol: <3

• Brohoof 1

As Equestria is somewhat of a parody of the United States, I'd imagine most would be white, but also would differ slightly.

Twilight: A slightly tanned complexion seems to be more fitting, not black or pure fair skin. I've also imagined her being slightly Asian in race.

Rarity: The only pony I believe would be more closely tied to a different country other than America as most of Equestria is based off of. Her voice actor is South African, and thus that's what I imagine Rarity to be from. Very fair skinned, slender, probably quite curvy.

Rainbow Dash: Definitely white, but tanned from sun exposure. If the rainbow hair was taken out, she'd probably be a brunette. Lean and muscular in physique, she'd have the appearance of a strong and fast athlete.

Fluttershy: She'd be very white. Pasty skinned even. Matches her delicate demeanor.

Applejack: Obviously a southern blonde, so a freckled white, with toned physique and skin from a lifetime of farmwork. May not be as lean as Rainbow Dash, but definitely stronger than her.

Pinkie Pie: Not too skinny, not too chubby. She'd probably be in the middle, maintained by a very high metabolism. She'd be a normal white, right in between pasty and tan, with big blue eyes.

• Brohoof 3

As Equestria is somewhat of a parody of the United States, I'd imagine most would be white, but also would differ slightly.

Twilight: A slightly tanned complexion seems to be more fitting, not black or pure fair skin. I've also imagined her being slightly Asian in race.

Rarity: The only pony I believe would be more closely tied to a different country other than America as most of Equestria is based off of. Her voice actor is South African, and thus that's what I imagine Rarity to be from. Very fair skinned, slender, probably quite curvy.

Rainbow Dash: Definitely white, but tanned from sun exposure. If the rainbow hair was taken out, she'd probably be a brunette. Lean and muscular in physique, she'd have the appearance of a strong and fast athlete.

Fluttershy: She'd be very white. Pasty skinned even. Matches her delicate demeanor.

Applejack: Obviously a southern blonde, so a freckled white, with toned physique and skin from a lifetime of farmwork. May not be as lean as Rainbow Dash, but definitely stronger than her.

Pinkie Pie: Not too skinny, not too chubby. She'd probably be in the middle, maintained by a very high metabolism. She'd be a normal white, right in between pasty and tan, with big blue eyes.

Ah, interesting!

Haha everyone seems to agree that Pinkie Pie has a high metabolism! :lol:

I was going to make them all as Sims but I can't get The Sims to work at the moment...... so I made them as South Park characters Hahahaha

Posted Image

There weren't enough options to customise them enough so I didn't make them look like them much (obviously!) but I thought it would be handy to show what type of skin colours I imagined them all!

I did it in a line from darkest to lightest!

Here is where I did it incase anyone else wants a go:

http://www.customsouthparks.com/

I prefer to never think of the main six as humans, and I espeacially prefer not to assign them to a specific race, they are candy colored ponies that live in a world with no discrimination of color or ethnicity... i like to keep it that way.

I prefer to never think of the main six as humans, and I espeacially prefer not to assign them to a specific race, they are candy colored ponies that live in a world with no discrimination of color or ethnicity... i like to keep it that way.

Aw that's nice :)

I obviously prefer them as 'candy coloured' ponies aswell! I didn't like seeing fan art of them as humans but curiosity got the best of me when I kept accidently seeing them and noticed they were all white! <3

• Brohoof 1

I think its proably because of the fact that all the Voice actors for each of them are white(Atleast to my knowledge)

I can maybe see twilight just very slighly tan. Everypony else I can't see as anything but white really.

Its proably got alot to do with the Voice actors being white so it makes everybody think of them as white. It all depends on what you base it off I guess.

I just figgured Twi would be Pale because she's indoors all the time.

I figure rarity would be english of french.

I once knew a half-Black girl who Rainbow Dash Reminds me of.

AJ is a Texan (duh) so she'd be tanned.

If anypony's Japanese it would be Fluttershy.

as for Pinkie... She's an Alien from the planet of the Pink People.

(I now demand a picture of Fluttershy in a Schoolgirl uniform)

Edited by Page Turner
  • Brohoof 1

Why does everyone always assume twilight to be dark-skinned? In my opinion she would be pale. Anyways, here's what I think for their ethnicity:

-Twilight Sparkle = Caucasian/American

- Applejack = Caucasian/American country

- Rainbow Dash = Pacific Islander

- Rarity = Caucasian/European

- Pinkie Pie = Indian

- Fluttershy = Asian

~~

Edited by Regality
  • Brohoof 1

Why does everyone always assume twilight to be dark-skinned? In my opinion she would be pale. Anyways, here's what I think for their ethnicity:

-Twilight Sparkle = Caucasian/American

- Applejack = Caucasian/American country

- Rainbow Dash = Pacific Islander

- Rarity = Caucasian/European

- Pinkie Pie = Indian

- Fluttershy = Asian

~~

You're the only other person I've seen saying Pinkie Pie would be Indian! I'm happy someone else thinks that!

I think I assume Twighlight would be dark skinned because she's purple/darker than the other ponies. Like someone else said, it depends what you base it off. Most people seem to base it off the voice actors, whereas I seem to be basing it off the colours of the ponies. <3