Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What ethnicity would the Mane 6 be as humans?

Lolly

What ethnicity would the mane 6 be?  

106 users have voted

1. 1. Twilight Sparkle

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  2. 2. FlutterShy

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  3. 3. PinkiePie

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  4. 4. Rarity

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  5. 5. AppleJack

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  6. 6. Rainbow Dash

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other

I didn't want to click on "other" for all of them so let the li'l Unicorn figure it out. In my order of oldest to youngest.

Rarity: I think of her as Hawaiin American with light brown skin and eyes and beautiful blonde hair.

Applejack: I think she's Texan with her hair and eyes from the show and slightly tanned skin.

Twilight: Mainly White but part Asian with big green eyes and straight brown hair.

Rainbow Dash: Part Spanish, hearing her rage at someone in Spanish would be great with her red hair and brown eyes.

Fluttershy: Brown, she's kinda tiny with dyed hair and eyes like Twilight's,

Pinkie Pie: She's white and kinda plump with a little potbelly and dyed hair and big blue eyes.

Spike: A monkey, I'm not being racist, an actual monkey.

• Brohoof 1

I kinda lament their all white.

Which is why I liked that gossip episode so much.  It was a bunch of white people spazing out that someone black walked into town.

Christ it was as bad as blazzing saddles lol.  I think rarity would be cool as asian, but that would really change her.

These are ideas well to be kept in mind for maybe the generation show or possibly a spin off.

Lord knows the fandumb would at least give it a nibble.

Why don't we just look at the type of girls they represent?

Twilight Sparkle: A librarian girl. Has nothing to do with ethnicity. Slightly tan skinned.

Applejack: Obvious. Southern American.

Rainbow Dash: 'Murica.

Pinkie: Dunno. Westerner, definitely.

Rarity: Italian or French. Can't you take the hint?

Well, i honestly think that all the ponies are the same ethnicity as their voice actors, and to the best of my knowledge, all the VA's are white.

Pretty much this. Not to mention that ethnic differences are often portrayed by subtle differences in the character models. For instance, Zecora would obviously be black as a human so I think that's meant to show how Zebras would be black as humans. And the pony at the pawn shop at the start of Magic Duel would be Chinese given his clothing and I think his accent as well.

Well, i honestly think that all the ponies are the same ethnicity as their voice actors, and to the best of my knowledge, all the VA's are white.

I don't get why some people portray Twilight as black (yes, i said black), even if she has dark fur. The show has hinted that black's (or at least Africans) are Zebra's in the pony universe.

However, i always saw Rainbow Dash as being dark skinned. I don't know why, but she sounds like she has a bit of a foreign accent to me.

I'd say the reason you see that is because Black people are traditionally good at sports, something Rainbow Dash is. Twilight I don't really have a defined view on, but I put her down as black. Fluttershy I put down as brown like indian because of the fact that she's living with animals and it strikes me with a Nirvana-type thing. Rarity I thought was white because her voice makes her sound British, AJ obviously white because she's a farmer from the south who's running the place, and Pinkie Pie as white because I can't think of any reason why she wouldn't be.

• 7 months later...

I have a thing for seeing the mane six as a very diverse group.

Twilight is Indian (she was a good candidate for Asian but Rarity took it), Rainbow Dash is black, Fluttershy is Native American (her skin looks a little light here so I edited it later), Pinkie Pie is a slightly chubby white girl (be blonde w/out pony colors), as I said before Rarity is Asian (she looks so pretty!!!), and Applejack would be a redhead w/out pony colors so she's white as well.

my_little_pony_equestria_girls_sims_3_by

AHHHHH.......Necroposting, :(.

Anyhow, its seems a little too stereotypical, however, most likely all of them would be white, excluding Zecora, :)

(edited)

I see the mane six all as white or tanned white but mainly this due to the sound of their voices (that and their VAs are all white).

I don't mean to come off as a racist for saying this but that's how I see them. Unfortunately some people ESPECIALLY ON TUMBLR think that if you see the main cast as all white you're racist. >.>

Honestly I think Equestria Girls had the right idea.

Edited by The Coffee Man
  • Brohoof 3

This subject could definitely cause Tumblr to burst into flame.

I see AJ and Pinkie as unquestionable Caucasian with European ancestors from a crapton of countries like all white folk in America. Rarity flip flops for me between Asian-European and pure European. Twilight is some form of Asian, either Chinese or Japanese with some Filipino so she ends up looking quite neutral on the 'exotic' scale. Fluttershy is either Middle Eastern (I buy into that headcanon, sue me) or Native American. Rainbow Dash has a bit of everything but ends up looking predominantly Hispanic.

• Brohoof 2

Twilight might be Middle Easter, possibly Indian.

Fluttershy, Japanese, maybe?

Rarity, some sort of Atlantic European

Applejack would obviously be (obviously) a Caucasian American.

Pinkie Pie, probably white.

RD, no idea. Hispanic perhaps.

This thread feels vaguely racist. It seems like people are classifying them all on racial stereotypes.

I'd do it like this, if I had to classify them:

Twilight - White

Rainbow Dash - White

Pinkie Pie - Black

Fluttershy - Asian

Rarity - Really white

Applejack - Tan

• Brohoof 1

Does it really matter? Anyways, since Equestria is seemingly based off of America (Which is a very diverse place), they could be any race, really. When it comes to females, I've noticed that you can't really tell what ethnicity they are by their voice. Well, that's not totally true I suppose. Zecora sounds like she came from Africa after all.

Gah! This thread is hard to respond to. The whole race thing is such a touchy topic. Just because Twilight is smart doesn't mean she has to be Asian. (Japanese, or Indian maybe?) Applejack is a southern farmer. However this doesn't automatically make her white. The "apple family" could be black for all we know. My personal head canon of Rarity is that she's European. Probably French. Pinkie Pie could be literally anything. I've always thought she would be some sort of Scandanavian though, and I'm not really sure why. Rainbow Dash could also be anything.

Again, it doesn't matter what ethnicity they'd be. You don't have to make one of them non-white to be politically correct. You don't have to make them all white either.

Their human skin colors are technically their pony fur color. So in the Equestria Girls world, race doesn't really matter. Twilight is purple, Rainbow is blue, ect. It's like the Doug world, kind of.

• Brohoof 3

To be honest, I couldn't see them as anything other than white given that there are few to no minorities working on this show (the top exception I can think of is Vincent Tong). You can't really pull this off with these characters being that they live in a world different from ours and are thus of racial identities that are far different than those of humans. Portraying a certain character as a certain race or ethnicity may make others who are not of that race or ethnicity feel left behind, whereas portraying them all as white (the "default" in addition to the majority) will make minorities of all kinds feel left behind. Thus, you can't ever win at this.

I've had my own theories.

Twilight would be asian with black hair. She seems asian to me because her eyes are curved a little, her hair is very straight, plus she's very smart. why not?

Rainbow Dash, would be latina, with a nice dark tan. I see her with dark brown hair, and dark eyes as well, but she dyed her hair like a rainbow and she uses pink contact lenses.

Rarity and Applejack and Fluttershy would be white. However Fluttershy would be incredibly pale because she doesn't go out. Applejack is pretty easy since she can be portrayed as a blonde country girl. Rarity is a black haired girl with blue eyes.

Pinkie Pie would be a mixed white/black girl. I dunno her super curly hair strikes me that way, however her skin color came out really light, same to her eyes.

• Brohoof 1

Twilight- southern asian

Rarity- western european

Fluttershy- white

Raimbow- murica

Pinkie- brazilian(half-white, half-black)

AJ- southern american

Well, none of them sound foreign except Rarity, but she sounds like she's from a royal European country where nearly all of the population is white. Also, her coat is white...

But, I could see Rainbow Dash being tanned, and since Applejack works in the sun all the time, she would be well-tanned as well.

All of the others would be white, with Fluttershy being slightly tanned.

(All of your comments saying that one of the Mane Six would be Black makes me think of them as a sassy black woman)

Fluttershy would be Asian, Twilight would be Asian or Caucasian, Rarity would be Jewish, Pinkie Pie would be Caucasian or Latina, Rainbow Dash would be African-American, and Apple Jack would be Caucasian.

• Brohoof 1

Colors (Equestria Girls)

I'm just going to take a shot in the dark here, and say the same as their voice actors. Hasbro more than likely won't ever make them an actual ethnicity. But if they were forced to make a decision, I would think this would make perfect sense.

Sure, there would be loads of people who would whine and be offended, but you can't please everyone.

By the looks of the poll, looks like I'm on the right track. :)

Oh my god, this forum post is ridiculous. Who cares about the color of their humanized skin? Especially when the ponies are in no way human colored in the first place!

Geez, theorizing about the ethnicity of fictional horses whose skin determines who they are? Okay this is getting ridiculous.