Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What ethnicity would the Mane 6 be as humans?

Lolly

What ethnicity would the mane 6 be?  

106 users have voted

1. 1. Twilight Sparkle

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  2. 2. FlutterShy

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  3. 3. PinkiePie

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  4. 4. Rarity

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  5. 5. AppleJack

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  6. 6. Rainbow Dash

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other

(edited)

All of their nationalitys is American/Canadian definetly.

but what ethnicity is question im not sure on.

I'd like to think they are all white.

Edited by Artemis

They all strike me as being white girls.

Jeez, it feels racist just posting in here.

No it doesn't. I've seen racist bronies, and it's almost impossible for me to read their posts without puking.

I always imagine most of them as being white, except for Rainbow Dash and Twilight. I imagine Rainbow to be sort of tan, and I am not sure about Twilight.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

This thread existed before Equestria Girls, so it doesn't seem as necessary now. In EqG, there are no races, just different skin colors. Although if they existed in the real world, I'd probably say RD would be from South America somewhere, Twilight would be Indian, Rarity would be East Asian (maybe Japanese) and the rest would be white. AJ would be from the southeast U.S. or some rural area.

• 2 years later...

Rarity, seems to me to be Italian. Her dark hair and shes a fashionable character. Rainbow dashes bangs and personality might be black. Twilight sparkle,  I think might be Asian from her bangs. Also her brother shining armors name , I think SHI is a word used in the Chinese army.   Plus she has a dragon. Pinky pie might be Amish German, Dutch. From the way her family dresses and live on a rock farm. Apple Jack, seems white. Fluttershy soft spoken and her love of nature could be Indian. Or maybe spanish. 

Edited by Southern star
  • Brohoof 1

They are all white because they are explicitly racist.

Anyway, the poll opinions do not match the question. Skin color has little to do ethnicity, which refers more to cultural heritage. Skin color in general is a poor measure of even genetic heritage, it adapts to the environment. 

• Brohoof 1

*sees poll* most of you see them as white, and as an hispanic, this makes me feel unsafe, as this is clearly still a country dominated by white supremacy  :unsure:

Spoiler

OH MY GOD, THIS JOKE NEVER GETS OLD :D

Back on topic, at most I see Twi with moderate dark skin, mixed race maybe, because of art like this :mlp_icwudt:

medium.jpeg

Seriously, that Twi is gorgeous  :bedeyes:. Otherwise I don't really see them as anything else than white >_>

On 5/9/2014 at 6:04 PM, ghostfacekiller39 said:

They all strike me as being white girls.

Jeez, it feels racist just posting in here.

Nah, you've just let yourself  be convinced that not including minorities is inherently racist, which is a clear bullshit :proud:

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight - Hispanic/Latino or Middle Eastern (tan-skinned). I have difficulty imagining her as any other color--don't know why

Rarity - pale Caucasian 

Rainbow Dash - light tan

Applejack - tanned, freckled (obviously) Caucasian 

Fluttershy - pale Caucasian

Pinkie - medium Caucasian

Edited by Kings&Hooves14
  • Brohoof 1

I think of most of the mane 6 as humans would be tanned (even just lightly (no idea why)) so here is what I think of....

Twilight - Tan

Fluttershy - I seem to see her being Arab (maybe it's her talent with animals)

Pinkie - I think she is white but probably got a bit of a tan 

Rarity - White as paper

AppleJack - White but tanned by the sun indefinetly

Rainbow - I see her being part Caribbean 

• Brohoof 1

Twi- Either Middle eastern or Indian decent. Seems to resonate the idea that many intellectuals come from developing nations to apply their trade in the west. Also, other than from somewhere in East Asia, the stereotypical smart foreigner is usually Indian. 

Shy- Based on her mannerisms, I'd say she's Asian. Soft spoken, demure, reserved. She fits societal expectations of women in Asian cultures. 

Rarity- Most people heavily involved in fashion tend to be white (I've delivered enough snarky comments about Project Runway to know this). Her family also seem pretty Midwestern and upper midwestern at that, so she'd be super white bread. 

AJ- EQG Applejack is the most akin to a normal looking human in all of MLP. So I'll stick with that. Though since there's a lot of family in Appleoosa who live alongside the Buffalo tribe, I'd imagine some Native American ancestry. 

RD- Her mannerisms and upbringing scream competitive suburban white kid, though I imagine she's pretty tan. 

Pinkie- Now I toyed with the idea that she's Hispanic due to her festive attitude and able to speak the language so fluently. But then I remembered her family and they're based off the Amish, who hail from central Europe. Which makes her about as Caucasian as one could get. 

As for other ponies: Starlight is white, as that tends to be the ethnicity of former goth-punks, same with Sun Burst, who I think might be a ginger. Vinyl Scratch strikes me as Asian. Her EQG design and more than a few pieces of humanized art kinda support this. Sunset is tricky to pin down, but me thinks she'd be Hispanic, going by her skin tone being the second most realistic in the series. And oddly enough, her taste in fashion. The dresses she does wear kinda have a Latin flare to them. Plus her toy is paired with a Lucha mask. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I wouldn’t say ethnicities, but I’ve got my view on their skin/hair/eye colors.

Twilight: darker latino/hispanic skin, long and straight black-brown hair, dark brown eyes.

Pinkie: rosy whiteish skin (she’s pink :P )reddish brown curly hair, light blue eyes.

Rainbow: medium skin? I’d say white but not that white either. As for hair she’d have it messy long with medium brown as her base color and different shades of brown highlights. Brown eyes.

Fluttershy: white, strawberry blonde hair (or just blonde), aquamarine eyes.

Rarity: VERY white, swirly curly dark brown hair, blue eyes.

Applejack: tanned (slightly darker than Rainbow), blonde, green eyes.

Starlight: white-a bit rosy, dark brown hair, persian blue eyes.

Sunset: tanned just like AJ, red hair with lighter highlights, aquamarine eyes.

Spike sliiiightly darker than Twilight, brown hair and green eyes. 

Apple Bloom: white, red hair, amber eyes.

Sweetie Belle: VERY white, VERY light brown-blondish hair, pale green eyes.

Scootaloo: also tanned like AJ, dark-medium brown hair, light brown eyes.

Celestia: very white, medium brown hair with lighter brown highlights, brown eyes.

Luna: dark skinned (afro-american-ish), dark brown hair with brown highlights, aquamarine eyes.

Trixie: slightly darker than Twilight, blonde hair and dark brown eyes (weird combination I know  :D )

Edited by Andromedaz

On 8/21/2018 at 8:29 PM, shyabetes3939 said:

I just voted white for all of them. I can't envision them as all different races.

Pretty much this. Call me a racist, but I just can't either. :mlp_pout:

• Brohoof 3