Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What ethnicity would the Mane 6 be as humans?

Lolly

What ethnicity would the mane 6 be?  

106 users have voted

1. 1. Twilight Sparkle

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  2. 2. FlutterShy

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  3. 3. PinkiePie

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  4. 4. Rarity

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  5. 5. AppleJack

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other
  6. 6. Rainbow Dash

• White
    • Dark Skinned
    • Brown
    • Other

• 1 year later...

I’m going to be honest, i always looked at EVERY. SINGLE. pony in mlp as white. Even Luna!!! Except for one… twilight sparkle. And I swear to god I’m not racist but as a 4 year old, this bothered me. I looked at twilight as like a tanned nerd, like Luz from the owl houses skin color. This bothered me only because i tend to favorite characters who are mostly like me, and I usually like to favorite the main characters, which I always do!!! But I am white, and this might sound childish but I really want twilight to match me. Now see, this is a new perception, it’s not really Twilights skin tone that makes her look a teency bit darker (because Luna is much darker and I look at her as white) but instead, her hair. Why? I seriously don’t know. I tried to give her like a different type of hair type, and it just looked so much different to me. Anyways, I’ve been trying to look at her or at least see her as white, or lighter because I don’t know how there is such little diversity in my head, anyways this is my perspective upon it!

Twilight: American (ig i used to look at her as Indian)

Rainbow Dash: White (idk why but I look at like tomboys as white, i think it’s her accent)

Fluttershy: Pale / American

Rarity: White / European Russian idk

Apple Jack: American southern or smth

and last but not least Pinkie Pie: also White American

idk why but I guess at 3 my mind didn’t have so much diversity aha
ty for reading have a good day

• 4 weeks later...

I personally would hc Twilight = Brown/dark-skin (Indian), Rarity = White/Caucasian, Pinkie Pie = Dark-skin/black, Fluttershy = White/Caucasian, Rainbow Dash = Dark-skin/hispanic. That's just how I would personally draw them, based on the vibes I get. Also, I may hc Twilight as Indian because I relate to her a lot ^_^

Never thought of the rest of the Mane 6 as having ethnicities:mlp_huh: (I mean, in the case of Applejack and Rarity, Caucasian is a given), but I've always imagined Twilight and Sci-Twi as being half-Japanese.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
(edited)

In my headcanon if the show were set in the real world and used realistic colourisations, it would have been set in Philadelphia (since Ponyville was meant to be called Fillydelphia) in the early 2010s. The main characters would all be 18-30 years old and go to uni while working part-time jobs or running small businesses, and would all be born American citizens.

Twilight Sparkle: Indian (with more Brownish appearance) or Persian, always with a dash of East Asian genetics

Rarity: Jewish or Dutch from New York City

Fluttershy: generic White girl, coming from Northern California

Rainbow Dash: Latina, Mestiza (mixed White and Native) to be exact

Pinkie Pie: African American

Applejack: White Anglo-Saxon Protestant Southerner

Edited by Kosmostiraedan