Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is this a safe overclock?

Simcity11100

GPU overclocking is normally safe, test your clocks, by say ruining a game, or better a benchmark program ( because if you get little benefit from it, then undo it.) and if it runs like normal(no errors, crashes and the temperature is not too hot), and the card doesn't get too hot, you should be fine, I am not expert on this, but I do know a little bit. also with the fan speed, was AUTO set when you opened the program, 'cause I'd leave it at auto if it was.

Edited by Flare

GPU overclocking is normally safe, test your clocks, by say ruining a game, or better a benchmark program ( because if you get little benefit from it, then undo it.) and if it runs like normal(no errors, crashes and the temperature is not too hot), and the card doesn't get too hot, you should be fine, I am not expert on this, but I do know a little bit. also with the fan speed, was AUTO set when you opened the program, 'cause I'd leave it at auto if it was.

Yes, the fan speed was set to auto when I started it up.

Along the same lines as Flare, I ran a pretty GPU demanding program when testing overclock's on my card, also I stray from having it test custom clocks on its own, because it tends to underestimate the temperature. I also leave my fan on auto, and haven’t had an issue with temp since I set the clocks a long time ago. Good luck experimenting :P

• 8 years later...
  • 2 years later...