Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zippos/Lighters

Lost

So... does anypony own a zippo or another cool lighter? :D

I personally own just one Zippo, it's matte black but so awesome :wub:

I didn't even smoke when i bought it, i just think they look cool and wanted to start collecting them :huh::blink:

My zippo:

post-7214-0-14887400-1346719672_thumb.jpg

post-7214-0-50386200-1346719677_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I never leave the house without a knife and a flashlight, but a lighter is something I should probably add to my stard equipment. As much as I can appreciate a well-made lighter, the only ones I own are the cheap, plastic bic lighters.

In the long run, a zippo is cheaper. £20 for the lighter, £2.50 for the fuel and 20pence for the flints. The fuel will last you at least 5 times longer than a normal lighter would, and a normal lighter is about £1 so, in the long run you will make a decent saving, that is if you use a lighter often enough ^^

I tend to just light mine for fun as apposed to smoke, but it does get used for its actual purpose sometimes :P

Do you mean a lighter like this one?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000VJRPNA/ref=asc_df_B000VJRPNA9506429?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=googlecouk06-21&linkCode=asn&creative=22206&creativeASIN=B000VJRPNA

That is a Zippo blu lighter if it is what you are looking for, im sure there are other decent jet lighters out there though. If you are in the states i wouldn't know where to get one other than online or at some supermarkets, but i know that many stores like key cutters and engravers hold zippo lighters in the UK (i think its because many people have their lighters engraved)

Do you mean a lighter like this one?

http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=B000VJRPNA

That is a Zippo blu lighter if it is what you are looking for, im sure there are other decent jet lighters out there though. If you are in the states i wouldn't know where to get one other than online or at some supermarkets, but i know that many stores like key cutters and engravers hold zippo lighters in the UK (i think its because many people have their lighters engraved)

I dont own a lighter,but if I ever do.I would want something similar to that lighter.Those ones that flick out.I think they're refillable too?

No see that one has a flint wheel, I need one that just has a single button, but still makes a directed flame like that. (Its for a project Im working on

Hmm, after a quick look arround on the internet i found this:

http://www.cheaphumidors.com/p_xikar-lighters_CL-XPIPELINE.html

If it is not what you are looking for then here are some keywords:

Zippo Blu - The zippo ones

Butane Lighter - The proper name for a Jet lighter

One Click - No flint

Single Action - Technical term for a one click lighter.

Hope that helps you :D

I dont own a lighter,but if I ever do.I would want something similar to that lighter.Those ones that flick out.I think they're refillable too?

Yes they are, all Zippo lighters can be refueled, i believe i would be refueled in the same way as mine too, see pictures below ^^

First you pull it out of the case:

post-7214-0-74387700-1346721830_thumb.jpg

Then you lift the tab and pour fuel in:

post-7214-0-42353500-1346721840_thumb.jpg

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B000IAZD90 There is the fuel for a butane lighter.

• Brohoof 1

Eh, I just prefer using good-ole' fashion matches, but I know my brother has a huge, cast iron gasoline lighter, it's pretty heavy, but it can still fit in your hand.

Eh, I just prefer using good-ole' fashion matches, but I know my brother has a huge, cast iron gasoline lighter, it's pretty heavy, but it can still fit in your hand.

Cast iron!?!? how does he carry it around O.o

I like striking matches, but they are no way near as effective as using a lighter, sometimes i use both... the lighter to set fire to a box of matches that is, it is rather entertaining. But i guess i'm just a weird pyromaniac that way :P

Cast iron!?!? how does he carry it around O.o

I like striking matches, but they are no way near as effective as using a lighter, sometimes i use both... the lighter to set fire to a box of matches that is, it is rather entertaining. But i guess i'm just a weird pyromaniac that way :P

He doesn't....he keeps it in his room, along with his collection of other lighters. He also carries around two with him, I have no idea why.

I have a two Zippos. One with a Zippo/Bicycle Cards design on it and the matte black pipe lighter case. I use the pipe lighter insert in my Zippo/Bicycle case to light my pipe now.

I'll try to get a picture later.

I have a two Zippos. One with a Zippo/Bicycle Cards design on it and the matte black pipe lighter case. I use the pipe lighter insert in my Zippo/Bicycle case to light my pipe now.

I'll try to get a picture later.

19 and smoking a pipe... Like a sir:

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/22866287.jpg

Sounds like a cool lighter, post pics when you can good fellow! It shall be absolutely spiffing! :D

(Being english gives me authority to speak in ye-olde English)

I've really been wanting one printed with a pony on it! A Zippo with a color Twilight Sparkle on it would be awesome! But the only places I've seen that print Zippos in color say the image has to pass their legal department.... I wonder who would do it for me.... http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Edited by Questio

19 and smoking a pipe... Like a sir:

http://cdn.memegener...50/22866287.jpg

Sounds like a cool lighter, post pics when you can good fellow! It shall be absolutely spiffing! :D

(Being english gives me authority to speak in ye-olde English)

Expect pics on Friday. I really regret not bring my pipe to college now. But I'll post pics ASAFP.

On another note (directed at everyone), notice the marks on the bottom of Zippo cases. They've used a type of coding system so people can know the month and year their zippo was manufactured. Click link below.

http://www.smokerstu...datingcodes.htm

Edited by DeltaTangent

I've really been wanting one printed with a pony on it! A Zippo with a color Twilight Sparkle on it would be awesome! But the only places I've seen that print Zippos in color say the image has to pass their legal department.... I wonder who would do it for me.... http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png

Yeah, you could probably get a zippo copy with MLP on it but official Zippos are only manufactured for approved partners.

On a side note, i googled mlp zippo out of interest, the 4th result down is this thread >.>

Expect pics on Friday. I really regret not bring my pipe to college now. But I'll post pics ASAFP.

On another note (directed at everyone), notice the marks on the bottom of Zippo cases. They've used a type of coding system so people can know the month and year their zippo was manufactured. Click link below.

http://www.smokerstu...datingcodes.htm

Interesting, it doesn't go very far, but now i know my lighter was made in 2011 ^^

Yeah, you could probably get a zippo copy with MLP on it but official Zippos are only manufactured for approved partners.

On a side note, i googled mlp zippo out of interest, the 4th result down is this thread >.>

Well, I was planning on getting a "real" plain Zippo and having someone else print a pony on it! ;)

Also, that's an interesting Google result... In my experience, if you want something printed sort of like fanart, you just have to find a smaller place that is more lax on the rules. It sounds like if I did that, I'd have one of the only ones like it in existence! I just have to find somebody who'd fudge the rules for me... ^_^

Edited by Questio

Well, I was planning on getting a "real" plain Zippo and having someone else print a pony on it! ;)

Also, that's an interesting Google result... In my experience, if you want something printed sort of like fanart, you just have to find a smaller place that is more lax on the rules. It sounds like if I did that, I'd have one of the only ones like it in existence! I just have to find somebody who'd fudge the rules for me... ^_^

Why not just get it engraved?

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/207/a/1/zippo_for_true_brony_by_wolver87-d58p7e9.jpg

The results can be very good if you find a good engraver + engravings usually look best on the plain polished steel finished zippos which tend to be the cheapest too :D

topic on lighters

topic is hot

I SEE WHAT U DID THERE

anyways, i was surprised to see zippos as a common sighting in china! they worked perfectly. i know it's hard to believe with it being stereotypically from china and automatically presumed crappy, but they weren't. guess the smokers there take it seriously.

• Brohoof 2

I own a zippo, It is a silver zippo with a spider and spiderweb engraved in it. I bought it originally so that I could smoke with my friends. Not weed or anything, just tobacco. We only did it a couple of times and it has been a while since we have hung out so my lighter just sits here collecting dust. By the way, for everyponies information I was and still am 18 when this happened. So I was not doing anything illegal (albeit my parents do not know and would be furious if they did even though the smoke) but it has been a while and I never got addicted. I smoked because I thought it was cool I still kinda do, I mean cigars are classy. I might pick it up again, but I have other things to worry about right now college and my financial position to name a few.

Bah, lighters. I light all my cigarettes with matches. Feels like a Clint Eastwood.

Posted Image

On that note: smoking isn't cool. I don't like doing it, but damn does it feel good when you haven't had one in a while...

Bah, lighters. I light all my cigarettes with matches. Feels like a Clint Eastwood.

Posted Image

On that note: smoking isn't cool. I don't like doing it, but damn does it feel good when you haven't had one in a while...

Your post made me laugh quite a lot.

I smoke from time to time because i find it calms me down a little when i'm stressed, good way to cope with the stress of college.

• Brohoof 1

Lets see if i can get a picture. I was given a dragon lighter that spits out the flame. Its pretty epic. Looks like this 'cept the dragon is gold. But as I like cigars, I use matches a lotPosted Image