Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I WANNA BE THE TUCKER :D (A very hard game made to piss you off)

VioletLinked

(Read All This text)

OH HAY GUISE

So you all know school has started again. This year, I wanted to make a 'welcome back' present for my teacher, Mr. Tucker. >=D

A bit of back story first.Last year I got my teacher Mr. Tucker addicted to two games: The binding of Isaac and I wanna be the guy. He would play the games during class and we'd all watch him die.This year I made him a version of IWBTG, this time a linear sidescroller with him in it.

I Call it IWBTT!!

So yeah, I've been just making this the past week and a half and I think it's FINALLY DONE. (Total time, about 26 Hours)

The game has 3 worlds, each with 2 levels and 1 boss stage. You might die in these stages.(6 stages, 3 bosses.)So yeah, eat it up.

Windows only, sorry. It's an EXE. Use Wine if your despite on a Mac. It's not a virus, so Ignore the blocker. Most blockers likes to freak out at exe's, nothing I can do. Thanks.

Here ya go: (VERSION 1.2.0)

http://www.mediafire...9hsu9f520jetpsy

-Violet

(old) Screenies

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Controls

Use Left Arrow to move Left.Use Right Arrow to move Right.Use Z to Jump.Use X to Shoot.

Want the 'Jumper Engine' I built that I made this with?

Here is the bare-bones:

http://www.mediafire...v4sedynd4qu8yvq

Give credit if used :D

Edited by VioletLinked
  • Brohoof 3

This game's doing a great job at pissing ME off! I still haven't got past level one. It's perfect!

Hahahaha! Perfect :D

I'll keep updating it every so often.

I may post some other little games I make up on these forums as well. :D

Updated and (hopefully) finished!

I hope you all enjoy and hate it as much as I do.

I wish you the best of luck as you try to become THE GUY. :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?2zoka9uxt5p2555

Good to see you around here still. I remember that game and just from videos it looked like a frustrating game, though I would prefer Dark Souls over it. I know your teacher would be pretty cool having something with him in it, maybe add his whole name in the credits as proof it's him? Although this almost sounds like you're obsessed with the guy...

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see you around here still. I remember that game and just from videos it looked like a frustrating game, though I would prefer Dark Souls over it. I know your teacher would be pretty cool having something with him in it, maybe add his whole name in the credits as proof it's him? Although this almost sounds like you're obsessed with the guy...

Well, ok. I made the game frustrating to mirror the original IWBTG. I wanted to see what emotions and feedback I'd get from the players of it, and I'm happy to say it's all positive. I designed this to be rewarding, no matter how many times you die or how far you get.

His name is in the credits, and anyway, I've been making it for him on his call. I took his top 5 NES games and made stages or took something from them, and put them in-game. I may sound obsessed with him because I made this game for him as a welcome back present, and designed it only for him, but I did this because I wanted to do something like this for awhile, and I took this opportunity since I had the time.

----------

Updated everything.

At 1.2 if you didn't know.

Took the basics from the game and made a engine out of it, now uploaded here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?v4sedynd4qu8yvq

Give Credit if used. Thanks.

-------------------------

Added a video of some old footage of me speed running World 3.

Watch and enjoy laughing at my failures, and good luck to all of you when you get to this stage.

• 2 months later...

Hey bro!

I'm a hardcore IWBTG player/Game Maker game maker.

This game isn't the best but it's OK I guess.

What I don't like is the HUUUUUUUUUGE amount of triggers seen in the video.

Therefore, I didn't download.

But next to my opinion, have you played "I Wanna be Easy" by superstarjonesbros?

I like it. I heard the Willy Wonka "you lose" in the game so I immediately thought about it.

I would like to know: was it your intention to kinda be inspired by IWBE and use Willy Wonka's "You lose! Good day sir!" ?

EDIT: No. Just no. Don't copy. The Guy has been copied so many times already.

EDIT 2: ARGH! Another IWBTG copy! WHY?!? Cherry falls in the ending... but this time, it's from a tree drawn by a 5 or 6-year-old or just someone who can't draw fo shizzle.

Still nice try bro!

Edited by Bananajack