Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Monster in the closet

AppleTreeBrony

What was in your closet when you were Little?  

48 users have voted

1. 1. What was in your closet when you were little?

• The Boogeyman
    • A Ghost
    • Stereotypical Monster
    • The Grimreaper
    • Slenderman
    • A floating face (Spongebob Refrence)

So when you were a kid, and you were alone, in the dark in your room, and you were scared of you closet, What did you imagine was in there? When did you realize it wasn't even a monster? Post below!

I also made a poll for common monsters!

Mine was a basic Stereotypical Monster, You know, All green and Furry with claws and Razor Sharp Teeth!

Edited by Scootabelle

Whenever I was a kid, I remember hiding under my blankets and closing my eyes until I sleep >.< I was so afraid of ghosts and zombies because my dad told me 'scary stories' of a white woman who takes kids away if they don't sleep. I realize now that he told me those stories to get me to sleep earlier xD

• Brohoof 2

Unlike many people here, childhood me don't have a closet in his room, so all of my silly fear was directed toward the door. I was deathly afraid of the dark back then, so my parents never turn off the light in my room when I sleep, but the light outside my room is out of the question and must be turned off.

More often than not, they forgot to closer the door when they left, so little me often found himself cowering in piss because a floating eye was staring at him through the gap.

Bloody muffin hell

When i was young i would scream in fright!,

It was a ghost that haunted the night!

i remember i was so scared of it,

i used to sleep with my parents quite a bit!

I don't take well to moving to new places,

i freak myself out with all sort's of scary faces!

I had horrible dream's for night after night,

of people stealing from my house, and me not putting up a fight!

But alas after a few years,

i have finally gotten over all of my fears!

(#talk like zecora day!!! :) )

• Brohoof 6

I used to have reoccuring dreams that there were two skeletons living in the crawlspace of my basement. I had my mom worried for a time because I was always waking up screaming and sometimes I would draw them like killing me and stuff (I was about 7 at the time, pretty morbid IMO.) It finally stopped around the time I was 9 (most likely because we moved to a house without a crawlspace, and a basement thats actually just like any other floor of the house.)

But yeah, those fuckers haunted me for like 2 and a half years. I still don't like basements with crawlspaces.

I'm still scared of the monster in my closet...

I found a way to deal with it, I told it that if it came out of the closet then it would be admitting that it was homosexual...

Yey for metaphors and sayings.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't have any "monsters in the closet per se" but I did have night terrors when I was really young. If you don't know what those are, they're like feelings of extreme terror when you're half-awake (so you're conscious). Needless to say, they were pretty bad from what I can remember.

~~

I was afraid of aliens, as well as supernatural beings like ghosts. There was also this doll I feared; always imagining it would come to life some day.

For years, I actually kept my eyes open in bed until I fell asleep, because I was afraid something might creep up on me.

I was a pretty neurotic kid with much too wild an imagination.

Use to be. No I still hate the dark of my room at night. Especially when I hear all them noises. But in my closet when I was yournger I use to imagine all sorts of things. Mainly serial killers *Shudders from a dream I had once*.

The only such moment I can remember of was when I was alone in the house upstairs, reading a book late in the evening, when I heard some noise downstairs. Armed myself with first weapon I could see (Yea, broomstick is a great weapon you know.) and went downstairs to find out that the front door is still locked. It did scare the shit out of me thought :D

I've got a black-and-white poster of Bob Marley on my bedroom wall and when my night vision kicks in it looks kind of creepy, almost like a ghost or something... It doesn't bother me really but it's the closest thing that I could think of in terms of what you're describing. Note that I put my response in the present tense because I still have that same poster o_O And I still sleep in that SAME ROOM :o

CONSPIRACY!?!?!?

Deep in my cloest in the brink of the night, all was but dark unless I turned on the light

I'd hide under the covers, all scared and all lonley. Because I was haunted by a My Little Pony.

I feel quite embarassed it wasn't a goule, because haunted by plastic horses is really uncool.

One day I stood up to this scare of the night, and I decided to turn on my big bright bedroom light.

The next thing I saw was a bit of a lie, but infront of my eyes I saw Pinkie Pie. She screamed at me with a joy of delight, my only response was oh right

Well that is my story I hope you had fun, now I'm gonna sit all day in the sun

(#talk like zecora day!!! :) )

Edited by Asherdangerdash
  • Brohoof 1

Amusingly, I always did fear a floating face living in my closet. :P I imagined it would be staring at me through the small open gap of the closet door.

I didnt have a closet.... but needless to say when it was dark *shivers* all bets are off when it comes to things that used to scare the hell out of me.. ;) .... If it was dark I would always imagine seeing things that weren't there.... mainly spiders and stuff like that.. Like I would think I saw a spider.. a BIG spider descend down the other side of the room from a thread of web.... and I could not fall asleep until I got up turned the light on and made sure there was actually nothing there..... *Cringes* ewwww... spiders.... natures most cruel creation.... ;) What the hell were you thinking nature? ^_^ But other than that I never really had the typical "boogie man" or "monster" thing.... Was mainly just afraid of the dark... never any particular monster or anything like that.. :huh:

I've always feared the edge of beds. I'm not as scared as I once was, but I used to think creature that wanted to drag me under lived under beds. Also, after having a nightmare, I usually woke up out of fear. I end up paralyzed in terror, unable to look around my room. I don't have nightmares anymore, thankfully. And I've mostly gotten over my bed edge fear.

My closet door has always been left open, so I've never had that problem. I used to be scared anyway, though. Not of any kind of monster in particular, just something on the floor that might get me. So I'd rush up and get on my bed or a chair real quick.

Sometimes I still do that... Embarrassing, I know.

When I was a kid, I wasn't afraid of anything in my room or closet, but I was always terrified thinking that there was something behind my refrigerator. But hey, at least I didn't pick up the habit of midnight snacking ^_^

My closet growing up had no door, so I was never afraid of monsters, however, my monster behind my current closet would be a G3.5 pony.
  • Brohoof 2

I never thought there was a monster in my closet, considering I had to share a room until I was 15 . . . mum's closet was always wide open, and when I bunked with my sister and her kid, well, that room's too small for a closet. However, my other sister's room (which is now my room) had a closet. When I was little, I was scared, because I thought a giant mean gorilla lived in her closet.

Even younger me was too over logical to have fears of monsters in the closet, although I do remember having recurring nightmares of a werewolf chasing me down and savagely decapitating me, I recall that these dreams occurred at least on a weekly basis and lasted for a few years.

Why not tell this to little girls? The number one monster that they're afraid of is PEDO BEAR. I mean, what little girl would want to be sexually assaulted by a pedophile bear? Wait.. this is about a monster I thought was in a closet? I never had a problem with that. I had no closet and underneath the bed was protected (with the power of a trundle bed!). But why not have a friendly monster? Like Mike and Sully (Monster's inc.). But if it was a SCARY monster, it would not be a creature, it would be NIGHTMARES OF GAMING. The only haunted one would be Polybius (anyone heard of that creepypasta before?) and a collection of GAMES FROM HELL. Like Big rigs over the load racing or all of LJN's games (the rainbow of turd.)

Posted Image