Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Monster in the closet

AppleTreeBrony

What was in your closet when you were Little?  

48 users have voted

1. 1. What was in your closet when you were little?

• The Boogeyman
    • A Ghost
    • Stereotypical Monster
    • The Grimreaper
    • Slenderman
    • A floating face (Spongebob Refrence)

One time, I had a wedding the next day, and my mother hung up my suit, right on my closet door, about three feet off of the ground. When I walked in, I saw this, and thought that it was slenderman.

The jimmies were rustled beyond repair.

My jerk of a brother used to keep this god-awful Jason mask in his closet and would literally leave it open so that when I went to sleep (we had a shared room at the time), the mask would look directly at me. I wanted to punch him in the kisser. :(

When I was little I didn't really have a closet, but when my door was open I could see down the hallway into my parents' room through the crack. It had a fireplace at the end of it that always glowed blue a bit (sounds unrealistic being typed out :/) so it creeped me out quite a bit... Zombies and ghost girls used to scare me a lot. (I don't get why, but ghost guys didn't scare me nearly as much as ghost girls.)

My closet and under my bed were always jam packed with all kinds of stuff, so no monsters there. However, I always imagined someone or something standing outside my window watching me. I have a window right in front of my bed and another on the right side.

Not voting because there's no option for demonic skeletons coming from another dimension to kill me because I know too much and was a hero in said other dimension.

I'm being serious! That was my scary monster.

My ****face grandpa used to stand in the closet when I was 4 and he's really tall. He dressed himself as Slenderman. When I putted all my stuffed animals in the closet he just stood there and looked at me and slowly raised his hand to grab me. I've never been so scared. I'm still afraid of the dark and I still think that there are someone in my closet at night. I feel childish.

• Brohoof 1

When I was wee little.I had this creepy spongebob drawing I made in kindergarten.I hanged up the picture in my closet,but every night.There was this small crack in my closet.So you can see creepy spongebobs eye looking at me.So I decided to just take the picture off,and throw it in the trash.

• 2 weeks later...

I was always worried that a monster was underneath my bed and would bite my arms off if I held my arms over the edge at night. I was also scared of burglars, and as a kid I sometimes did night-time wanderings and was horrified that I could find one. I had recurring nightmares where I would look up my stairs and see one and not be able to yell out for my mom.

A non-monster related fear I had as a kid was that I would wake up and everything around me would turn into Lava....

None of the above. When I was a little youngin', my monster in the closet was actually the Air conditioner. Any night it came on and I was asleep, it would cut me out of whatever dream I was having, it would drop me back in my room and zombies would start spewing out of my closet.... I hated it... ._. Still terrifying to this day.

I hate sleeping with my closet door open because my closet is VERRRYYY crowded and if a little light from my ipod or computer lights up, it gives the illusion that the slenderman is in my room. I scares the absolute bajeezus out of me. :(

I really don't know what I imagined; just some sort of thing (monster or ghost, most likely) staring at me and how I couldn't see it back.

When I was three or so, my bedroom was directly next to my parents room, and my dad snores like a freight train. I had absolutely no idea what this ear splitting noise was at the time, and every damn night, it scared the freaking crap out of me.

I don't think I had a monster in the closet. When I was young enough to actually think that there was a monster in the closet was also when my brother and I shared a room so I wasn't alone, I don't even think the thought crossed my mind. I was always more worried about someone sneaking into the house somehow.

When I was a kid I wasn't afraid of anything in my closet or under my bed because I didn't really believe in monsters.

But there were these woods I used to walk through with my friends and we used to think there might be monsters in the woods (I didn't really, but thought it would be cool if there were, wasn't really scared), sometimes we even went off the path. I don't know why, but the monster I always envisioned was a gigantic dancing skeleton man thingamabob. Does that make any sense, any sense whatsoever?

So basically I never believed in monsters or the supernatural, still don't, just like I never believed in Santa, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny...

My mother claims she'd seen a ghost before, but I believe she was hallucinating or imagining things, and won't believe in the supernatural unless I see it for myself.

EDIT: Also, on the "What was in your closet when you were little?" poll, where's the "Toys" option?

Edited by Kelvocity

I've been scared of ghosts my whole life and I've been living in fear of what was under my bed of what was hiding in the closet. Now, I'm a little afraid of Slenderman and that curse from the grudge. :(

Edited by Cherry Blossom
  • Brohoof 1