Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Steve Jobs Death.

Soarin'

I was quite shocked to hear that he died 6 weeks after resigning his position of CEO to Tim Cook. I do not like Apple company but I have huge respect for Steve Jobs. I really think he's huge influence to Apple, and I like him for his creativity.

Posted Image

May Steve Jobs rest in Peace.

• Brohoof 1

I've always been a PC kind of guy and have never personally owned any Apple products, but Apple's influence in the technology industry - no, the world - is undeniable. Even though I'm not a fan of Steve Jobs's way of passing everything his company made off as a revolution, he does have my respect for having helped to build Apple into what it is now. He's left behind one hell of a legacy.

But with all that said, Apple will continue to thrive even without him. Steve personally trained Tim Cook over the past three years to be his successor, and I have every bit of faith that he'll do his best to make Steve proud.

• Brohoof 1

I've always been a PC kind of guy and have never personally owned any Apple products, but Apple's influence in the technology industry - no, the world - is undeniable. Even though I'm not a fan of Steve Jobs's way of passing everything his company made off as a revolution, he does have my respect for having helped to build Apple into what it is now. He's left behind one hell of a legacy.

^ Exactly this.

So I decided to look up whether or not Bill Gates decided to comment at all on Steve's passing, and found this. Some other important people said stuff too. This was far more interesting than the essay I have to write that was due yesterday.
  • Brohoof 2

Heh. I've been an Apple hater for a while, but just today I realized the kind of person Steve was. He was someone dedicated to his mission, perogative and dream and he did something about it. It didn't have to be the right thing but he still did it.

In short, he's a smart assole who did what he wanted, and succeeded at it.

RIP Stevie.

BTW, @Miffy - Love the picture.

I've never been much of an Apple fan, because I've always used a PC. What he did for Apple and the world truly turned him into a visionary. But, what I will miss most, is the fact that he was the co-founder for Pixar. I didn't even know that until recently. It definitely adds respect to the man.

I have been an Apple user since I was a small boy. My father only ever bought apple products, and used apple products (his requirement for a job was that he use Macs). I have owned an iPhone since release, as well as a iPad. Jobs was a visionary and a leader. His passing truly is sad but he did hand pick his successor, so hopefully this will not have a large impact on Apple.

I'm not an Apple person, but I respect him mainly because of his cooperation with Pixar, being its executive producer. If it weren't for him, we wouldn't have the great movies Pixar made.

RIP Steve.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 years later...

I first learned about Steve Jobs from the movie Pirates of Silicon Valley. I am usually thinking about him when I see iMacs and later iPhones/iPads. >_>