Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Galloping Gala 2012 designs from DeviantArt

Krall

Some excellent fellow over on DeviantArt called spiritto decided to design new gala dresses for the Mane 6. They've only done five dresses at the moment (the dress of the most fabulous pony - Rarity - has yet to come) and I must say they look smashing. Here are the dresses they've done so far, with the author's comments and links to their dA pages underneath (sorry for the large images):

Posted Image

http://spiritto.devi...%2F1033276&qo=8

After seeing the gala attires so many times, I decided to give it a shot and create one of my own.

I did this one for Rainbow dash, basing the whole ensemble on the idea of "Morning Dew".

I included feathers to surround the idea of being involved with flying and decorated it with pearls, which remind of dewdrops. It also has a big saphire in a silver armor-like breastplate, as heart of the sky. The whole design was meant to be light like air, yet somehow, cozy, like a cloud.

Posted Image

http://spiritto.devi...%2F1033276&qo=7

THe second Grand Galloping gala attire I make. This time for the most faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.

This ensemble's name is "Last Sunbeam" and it was thought to express everything that Twilight loves and represents. Sparkling the ephemeral limit between day and night.

No reason to deny that Twilight is a fangirl of the princesses of Equestria, so the accesories are meant to tribute and imitate them. SInce Celestia's jelwery is made of gold and Luna's is silver, Twilight takes a step down in humility and wears bronze.

THe necklace bears an emblem of the sun and the moon, and it has a little wing cape holder which simbolizes the Alicorns. And her cutie mark, which represents magic, makes a great ornament for her hair.

Also, I played around with the idea of service, making her looking a little like a "lady knight" for everything she is done for Equestria.

I believe that if Twi was a horse, she would be an Arabian pure blood , known for being strong and reliable in difficult times, so I added a little "Arabian night" something in the sleeves.

Posted Image

http://spiritto.devi...%2F1033276&qo=3

The third Galloping Gala gawn of this series. This time for Fluttershy. Each dress has a theme or name, in this case, the name is "Aurora" (it is a type of Butterfly (moth) that shares colors with our beloved Pony)

The core of the dress is wrapped around the body like a silky cocoon, to be followed by the fabric that falls down in butterfly wings shape, blending with her own pegasus wings.

The mane and tail, which is showing in this case, are sprinkled with small little white flowers (Babies Breath)with a Lilly to complete the effect, relating the ensemble to nature.

All "haute couture" as she seems to prefer Posted Image, yet very modest and very simple ( I thought that Photo Finish was right when she stated that her dresses should follow that tendency). This gawn would be actually very easy to sew.

Posted Image

http://spiritto.devi...%2F1033276&qo=2

Applejack's ensemble sure is probably the one that took me more elbow grease. I tested many possibilities of color and shape before coming up with a working result. Not girly, not Fru-fruy, not tomboy either and yet elegant and formal.

THe name of this gawn is "New Frontier", giving a hint to "Appleloosa".

It is slighty apple themed in the hair ornaments and mostly represents the "wild west" and "Strong girl" idea. I made it to puposely let the back legs more and buck at she pleases, because I am sure that she would feel a lot better in formal attire if she is still able to do that.

The colors and emroided details were based on Tornado, the horse from "El zorro" the dark of the gawn brings out the blond of the mane (which is styled to cover one eye) and tail. THe legs are ornamented, but also reinforced and protected. This gawn is meant to be elegant, but also practical.

Posted Image

http://spiritto.devi...%2F1033276&qo=1

Following the 2012 galloping gala gawn series, here we have Pinkie Pie.

Her attired is named "Chocolate rain",.

The obdy of the dress is based on a cotton candy cloud with a chocolate cascade fabric falling from it. As she seemed to prefer on her first gala dress, I added streamer ornamets for the legs and sprinkled cofetti over her mane, which is arranged in a Frech style. I added a jewel hair clip that is shaped like a set of balloons, to honor her cutie mark, and gave the front of the dress would be the equivalent of a bare shoulder dress, the cloth there is slightly sparkly and festive. For which this pony loves to parteeee!

What do you guys think? Out of the five done so far I love Rainbow and Fluttershy's dresses the most, and I can only hope that spiritto does Rarity's immeasurable fabulosity justice!

Edited by Krall
  • Brohoof 7

They are all nice and all, but I still prefer the original over these ones.

Rainbow dashes new dress is the only one I like over the original, I hope raritys is food good

Edited by Flare

I must say, all of them are very impressive designs! In particular I'm liking Applejacks ensemble; It gives off that western atmosphere without appearing too excessive like her previous outfit did.

The only dress Im not too sure about is Pinkie's. Considering how boisterous her personality is, the dress seems a little unimaginative, and doesn't do her vibrant qualities justice. It also seems so odd to see Pinkie with such tame hair. :P

On the whole however I reckon Spiritto has done an excellent job. I await in suspense for Rarity's dress (which in all certainty will be best dress.)

Edited by Swoop

Those all look excellent. My favorite being Pinkie's and Applejacks! They just seem so fitting and like something that would appear on the show. If anything, It'd be cool if the person were to pitch them for season three to the show creators and hasbro. :o

WHERE IS RARITY !!??? :angry:

The only one I really like is Rainbow's .

Brown is not a flattering colour for AJ.

Twi's is so ugly for too many reasons to list.

and for Pinkie and Fluttershy's the colour if their dress looks too much like the colour they are.

It blends instead of standing out, like a dress should.

ie. wearing a skin coloured dress wouldn't look good on you. ~

Edited by Shankveld
  • Brohoof 3

WHERE IS RARITY !!??? :angry:

The only one I really like is Rainbow's .

Brown is not a flattering colour for AJ.

Twi's is so ugly for too many reasons to list.

and for Pinkie and Fluttershy's the colour if their dress looks too much like the colour they are.

It blends instead of standing out, like a dress should.

ie. wearing a skin coloured dress wouldn't look good on you. ~

What? Hey wait, step back a second! I thought Twilight's was great! I like this one better then the original! I loved it right down to the bronze slippers on her hooves!

What? Hey wait, step back a second! I thought Twilight's was great! I like this one better then the original! I loved it right down to the bronze slippers on her hooves!

it's a fashion disaster darling !

the colours clash and the loud colours are highlighting all the wrong areas.

I could write a paragraph about it, but I'm busy atm and what I said makes my main points. ~

it's a fashion disaster darling !

the colours clash and the loud colours are highlighting all the wrong areas.

I could write a paragraph about it, but I'm busy atm and what I said makes my main points. ~

I still like it better.

:blush:

Edited by cuteycindyhoney

I'd say they look good, but I'm not really one to judge since don't know a whole lot about fashion. I usually just throw on a Shirt & Jeans and call it a day :P
  • Brohoof 1

I like these, but agree on Pinkies not matching her personality.

I find it too bland compared to what Rarity gave her for the pervious Gala.

The rest of the dresses I love though, Especially Fluttershy adn Twilight's dresses. They make me go :wub:

You could also have a peek at the CMC gala dresses made in roughly the same manner by a different artist: (I think the artists have spoken together about the dresses)

Apple bloom:

Posted Image

http://miesmauz.devi...%2F8536304&qo=4

Sweetie Belle:

Posted Image

http://fc03.devianta...auz-d4gk5sk.jpg

Scootaloo:

Posted Image

http://browse.devian...+dress#/d4kykut

Edited by Slictz
  • Brohoof 4

Those Look Equally As Good.

It Almost Seems.....

Did The Same Artist Draw these too?

It was a different artist that drew the CMC dresses, but they're still very good!

*scrolls down page, continues to scroll down page, looks for Rarity, becomes enraged*

SHE MUST BE HERE SOMEWHERE

As I said, the most fabulous pony is yet to come. I'd rather the artist spent time designing something truly worthy of Rarity rather than rushing it and producing something unworthy of resting on the delicate, alabaster skin of Our Fair Lady!

As I said, the most fabulous pony is yet to come. I'd rather the artist spent time designing something truly worthy of Rarity rather than rushing it and producing something unworthy of resting on the delicate, alabaster skin of Our Fair Lady!

Yes, her dress must be glorious!

Rainbow Dash:

Perfect, I love the colors, the shape, the hair, everything it was awesome

Twilight:

I got surprised when I saw it wasn't that colorful but the dress looks pretty goo, and after II looked at it again I like the dress

Fluttershy:

The shape it's good and so is the dress but the colors are too..... weird? the only 2 colors that I see are Pink and Yellow like the color of the coat of Fluttershy and like Shankveld said it makes it stand out less.

Applejack :

I don't like it, the colors don't go with the personality and well I don't see how it's something applejack would wear it, I got to admit though it does remind me of Appleloosa, but the colors? neigh

Pinkie Pie:

The first thing I noticed was the hair and.... no, it looks cute but it's not really her, the dress was not what I was expecting, it wasn't big like I imagined, it doesn't scream "party" like it should

Rarity:

>Reserveeeeedddd<

I wan't to do CMC but it's simple I liked all of them especially Sweetie Bell's

Twilight looks amazing, she's like a frikin' knight of the round table xD

Applejack's should be longer, but otherwise I liked the whole Zorro theme.

Fluttershy and Rainbow? Their original Gala dresses where already amazing, I don't think anything could top them, so I'm not so fond of them.

Fitting for the characters or not, tons of kudos for the artist for making the dresses meaningful and well thought out, not some random stuff thrown together.

I like some over the originals better but overall meh.

All of these are great! I particularly like :huh: and :blush: 's. CMC dresses are nice too. However I have to agree here that Pinkie's dress doesn't quite give off her personality. It's a little plain, and not party like enough. I think that Pinkie's shoes would fit well with Fluttershy, as Fluttershy was seen wearing similar style shoes in her green dress.

Edited by The Pinkie Eye