Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What makes posting hard?

Flicker Sweet

It can be difficult for me to make a thread... Unless I have something on my mind that I can discuss and debate (my General Discussion threads)... Most of the time I can't think about something to say...

Posting on threads... Not that hard for me...

Edited by Dusty Soul

I really don't have issues, either. I just post what I want to talk about. Once in a while I'll think of a big thread idea I'd like to post, but then I get lazy and distracted and don't end up posting it, but that doesn't happen too often.

• Brohoof 1

All the topics I want to start are already started, so half the time I can't make one.

Gonna make a Game of Thrones one, though. WE ARE SORELY LACKING ONE.

I feel the same way you do.I don't always make a thread but when I do I get like 80+ Replies on them :o

I also feel like I need to search the forums to see if it's been done before and all that stuff before I make it official

Nothing worth saying most of the time. No interesting line of convo in my mind. No real question or information I want share that may be related to contributing or starting a thread.

Lack of art to post to start a new thread and haven't felt like RP'ing or writing anything which could start a new thread in ages. That my reasons anyway.

I CAN start one, it's just that nobody ever seems to pay attention to anything I put up, so now I say 'Bucket, someone else will put it up and I'll just say they stole it.'

Yeah, that's a pretty good idea.

The longer a forum is open, the harder it is to start a thread that doesn't already exist.

A thread topic has to be open to discussion. If it's a specific question, it usually has one or two specific answers. After that, discussion dies.

• Brohoof 2

The longer a forum is open, the harder it is to start a thread that doesn't already exist.

A thread topic has to be open to discussion. If it's a specific question, it usually has one or two specific answers. After that, discussion dies.

This is why I don't like big forums. I believe the power should be in the hands of the posters, not those dirty capitalists admins!

VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

This is why I don't like big forums. I believe the power should be in the hands of the posters, not those dirty capitalists admins!

I'm glad for the admins. They are the reason we don't have 7,000 threads titled "OMG I LURVE RAINBEW DSH DO YOU GUISE 2 :3:3:#savederpy"

• Brohoof 4

I'm glad for the admins. They are the reason we don't have 7,000 threads titled "OMG I LURVE RAINBEW DSH DO YOU GUISE 2 :3:3:#savederpy"

It was a joke... a political joke... about Russia and Cuba, and stuff?

Glad to see that one didn't go right over everyone's heads... glad to see...

The only threads I really make are in Forum Lounge, because I can say whatever the hell I want, whenever the hell I want, for whatever reason I want. It's niceeeee.

• Brohoof 1

I have no problem posting. Only thing that I can say I have problems with on forums is the time that some of them require. I've been busy with school and programming that I havent had time to log on much. I miss browsing the forums, and talking with friends I've made here. As I've said I'm just very busy, and when I do get free time, I spend it on games. :)

This forum seems to be the exception to that rule. All these specific answer threads go on...and on...and on. And I can't decide if that's a bad thing, because it's the same answer repeated in very similar, if not near exact wording. Or if it's a good thing because our members have the ability to ignore the logic that these threads need not those replies, and somehow ends up starting discussion again.

...This place is the Pinkie Pie of internet forums. :o

I don't usually start threads, and I don't post as much as some because I personally lack those abilities. I hate posting what has already been said; what is the point otherwise if you don't have something new to add?

Bah, I'm just a mean spirited buzzkill sometimes.

Edited by Abstract

*Looks at my massive post count and started thread meter on my user page*

Err... this does not apply to me. I say whatever I want when I want, really :P

Off topic, but it took me 7 months and a few actual episodes of Soul Eater to realize Crona is a he. I am so silly all the time. SNORT!

This forum seems to be the exception to that rule. All these specific answer threads go on...and on...and on. And I can't decide if that's a bad thing, because it's the same answer repeated in very similar, if not near exact wording. Or if it's a good thing because our members have the ability to ignore the logic that these threads need not those replies, and somehow ends up starting discussion again.

I blame the lull between seasons at the moment, at least partially. There's no new canon to expand upon, so every facet gets explored ad nauseam.

If only you knew the number of times I started writing a new topic and stopped halfway through writing my post and thought to myself "well this isn't so good" and deleted the whole thing... This must happen at least 50% of the times when I have an idea for a new thread.

I don't get this problem so much with normal posts. I just write what I want to say and hit post before thinking too much about it. But I really need to know what I'm saying before starting to write a comment. That's why I have such a low amount of posts if you consider the date I joined.

I edit my posts alot too. What happens is that I reread my posts only after posting them and I almost always find something to add or something that could've been said better so most of my posts end up being edited.

I have no trouble making new threads, BUT I do as a rule check first, and I have done some extreme necroposts because the same topic was broached a year ago. I try to choose the right area to place a thread in, but sometimes I choose wrong -- thing is usually it is because I have been too CONSERVATIVE and put something in sugarcube and then find out the thread was moved to show discussion rather than vice-versa.

When it comes to posting new threads, sometimes, I have little motivation. I have nothing to say at that time, or I have something to say, but no motivation to converse about it at that time. Other times, the thing I want to talk about is already posted, so I just go there. And sometimes, I'm just scared or shy so I don't do anything.

However, I have nearly no problems replying to topics.

I can't think of anything interesting that actually adds something new instead of repeating what's already been said. I usually just post when I have something that hasn't been said or when I'm in the mood, which isn't that often.. I also worry about saying stupid stuff and it takes me a while to put my thoughts into words, partially because of that. There haven't been many threads that interest me lately and there's a lot of things I have to do, so there's not much I do on here anymore...

Posting in general (not just making threads) is hard for me since I'm very picky on how I want my posts to look and sound. It can take several minutes to type out just a sentence or two that I feel are satisfactory to post.

That kinda explains why I have so few posts considering the time I've been here. And I guess being antisocial doesn't increase my posting habits either.

Posting is no problem for me, provided I can find something that interests me enough to post.

I hardly ever start threads because I seldom think of anything I want to start a thread about.