Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What makes posting hard?

Flicker Sweet

I generally only post in topics where I have something to say. Also I haven't really found anything I want to start a discussion about yet. Only topic I've created at this point was my "hello everypony" topic haha.

Eh, starting topics isn't something I really like to do that often. I'd rather just talk about stuff other people bring up, how I've always been really. I definitely could improve upon making more threads though... :huh:

Not knowing how people are going to react to yourt posts even if you're not making a particularly opinionated post or if you're just stating fact and such.

You can't let people scare you like that ;-;

I know I m the type of guy that calls out every mistake and such, but it is to make the person realize you need to make better threads. Not to scare them away ;-;

When making a thread the most important thing is that it be something everypony can relate to and that it be a topic hot enough for disscussion. Every once in a while I'll think of something that fit's these catagories and I'll make a thread. But I'll first check if it's already been made before and if it is I'll just revive the thread by posting in it.

What makes it difficult for you to start a thread?

I often find it hard to start one because I simply don't have anything to say and I don't want to spam the forums......

What about y'all?

Thank you! i almost never post because i don't think posting has a point unless you add to the conversation! Therefore i don't post all that often. I am trying to be more active though.

I CAN start one, it's just that nobody ever seems to pay attention to anything I put up, so now I say 'Bucket, someone else will put it up and I'll just say they stole it.'

Yeah, that's a pretty good idea.

My sentiments occasionally.

My interests pool is small compared to most users, and areas of my expertise while deep most of the time, are few and far between.

The overlap between this knowledge and matters which I can inject my thoughts into is not exactly obscure, but it's far less commonplace than people who post wherever whenever.

I have not taken the time to examine myself vs. others in regards to what makes my opinionation so "limited" compared to those, whose post counts make them seem so vocational. Or, user interrelations that cause the so-often seen injokes and friend references. Usually I just dismiss that integration and greater post counts with a single word:

Posted Image

• 5 years later...

I've never posted a thread of my own on here so I wouldn't know. I always feel skittish about having it locked and having to look conspicuous with it just sitting there on the forums absorbing shame. 

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Kind of the same reason I don't talk to anyone irl. I don't want to annoy anyone, and I feel like I am every time I talk to someone. It's made a lot easier here because it's online, though I still can't / don't say everything I want to.

I seldom start threads because I have a lot of stupid ideas in my head that should really stay inside my head. The only threads I’ve ever made were one private RP thread and a thread about “If you were a character in the last video game you played, how long would you last there”. 

• 8 months later...

Posting a topic is very hard. There are a lot to think about, like if my question or sentences are understandable and clear, short and easy to read. Must be more careful about rules, which forum the topic goes to.

As for posting, keeping the content somewhat interesting. One day I might get a reaction for it.

I... worry too much about what I should say; am I adding too much information? Too little? Does it sound right? I get stuck in a loop of going back and reading my post, editing it, until eventually I either post it or just give up and maybe try again later.

That's just posting, making new threads is even harder because on top of that I don't even know what to make a thread about in the first place. x.x

I honestly find posting not very difficult at all. Just post what I think on a subject, or whatever the thread asks of me and it's usually about that simple.

Though I generally end up editing it more than once.

Edited by Dustlicious2020

I’m actually socially awkward / shy and have anxiety so i often make myself fear stuff i don’t need to.  That makes posting hard but have to get over it-

• Brohoof 5

When responding to a thread, I'll usually just type what my answer to the proposed question is, and offer explanation on it if needed. I barely make threads, because I don't know if there's already a thread about the particular topic. So that's why I've only made ~ 5 threads over the 4 years I've been on the Forums.