Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Your Favorite Episode?

AppleShy Sparkle

My opinions on this topic are always changing. Probably, now, my favorite episode is Owl's Well that End's Well. For some reason I loved that episode overall, lots of D'AWWW moments like Scootaloo and Dash moment and when Twilight and Spike re-united.

1. Luna Eclipsed- because of Princess Luna's awesomeness and Pinkie Pies funny chicken moments.

2. The Return of Harmony- It was just fun to see the ponies as their anti selves.

3. Canterlot Wedding- Awesome new villian and awesome fight scenes.

• Brohoof 1

I'd say my favorite is Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000. Flim and Flam are probably my two favorite antagonists and their song... Oh lord. The episode is a reflection of The Music Man and Paul Bunyan. Just an all around excellent episode.

The Return of Harmony for sure! Best two parter so far!

I also like the Last Roundup, but not because of Derpy, definitely not. The scene at the end got me shedding tears for the first time EVER at a TV show.

I really enjoyed the Daring Do episode and also the Cutie Mark Chronicles. However, I would not consider any episode my favorite episode. There are too many good ones. (I only said those two cause they were just off the top of my head.)

• Brohoof 1

If I wanted a good Twilight Sparkle episode, I'd watch Bridle Gossip, Feeling Pinkie Keen or any of the first 4 Season 2 episodes (as well as the season finale)

If I wanted a good Applejack episode, I'd watch Fall Weather Friends or the Last Roundup.

If I wanted a good Fluttershy episode, I'd watch Dragonshy or A Bird in the Hoof.

Pinkie Pie: Feeling Pinkie Keen, Party of One or Swarm of the Century.

Rainbow Dash: Sonic Rainboom, Fall Weather Friends, May the Best Pet Win.

Rarity: Sweet and Elite, A Dog and Pony Show.

Then there's At the Gala, where all of them get a great role.

But better than any of those, in my opinion is Hurricane Fluttershy. Absolutely marvellous and undoubtedly my favourite.

I like Cutie Mark Chronicles, particularly because I love the filly versions of the Mane 6! And the stories are very good for each one.

Also, the season 2 finale (episode 25 and 26) was sooo good! The story played out very well, and This Day Aria was one of the better songs in my opinion (along with BBBFF).

Lastly, Sisterhooves Social is a pretty good one because Sweetie Belle is one of my favorite ponies, and I liked how much she was featured in that episode.

(I know you only asked for one, but it's very hard to choose.)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I have not watched PewdiePie, but my favorite MLP episode would have to be the 2nd to last episode of season 2 (the name escapes me as of now). Mostly because that's where I gained my love for twilight after nobody would believe her when she talked about how Cadence was E V I L.

• Brohoof 1

For me it is a bit of tie between Ponyville Confidential and Party of One, I have been into politics for a while and can name several examples of the kind of sleasy journalism that passes for news these days referenced and parodied in that episode and they are clever and spot on. And Pinkie Pies conclusions were so ridiculously over the top that I was rouring with laughter.

My favorite episode has got to be Luna Eclipsed. I totally did not expect to see the return of Luna and seeing everypony in their costumes was awesome. Plus Pinkie Pie being a chicken through out the episode was hilarious.

• Brohoof 1

^Hearts and Hooves Day I think...I'm so bad with titles :(

As for my favorite....Hearth's Warming Eve. Even though this is a Christmas episode, I adore how they got the ponies into characters in the play. I think they played it out well. :)

Luna Eclipsed. Loved what they did with Luna's character and the hilarity show at every corner in that episode.

And "Return of Harmony" Part 1 and 2. Discord was such an awesome and creative villain, and the discorded mane six where hilarious.

That's a hard choice.... but if I had to choose just one...... I'd say.... "A Canterlot Wedding - Part 2" :wub:

Not only did we get an amazing disneyesque villain song, but we got, in my opinion, the best pony villain ever!

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

The Last Roundup is one of the funniest, most moving and best written episodes of the series. Everypony has a moment to shine (except maybe Twilight). Honestly I can`t get over how amazing the pacing and characterization is. 

I also love It's About Time, Sisterhooves Social, the recent Scootaloo/RD one, Party of One, Too Many Pinkie Pies, Dragonshy, and... I`m sure I`m forgetting a lot of good ones. 

This is too hard. Way too hard. I could write entire essays on many episodes from all seasons. Even if I narrowed it down to just the two parters Im not sure I could decide. All of them have excellent staging acting, character interaction/motivation ect... Each time I watch them I notice somthing thing new that just adds to the whole.

• 4 weeks later...

Well obviously I can only speak for my own opinion, but I think that Wonderbolt Academy is the best episode thus far. A great Rainbow Dash episode with beautiful character development where she sacrifices her greatest dream to maintain her integrity. I love it, 10/10

• Brohoof 1

Ooh, a toughie. IMO, Sleepless in Ponyville was best episode--I did a pretty deep analysis of why here.

Still, i also really love Return of Harmony, because it

1)is psychologically intriguing by investigating the mane 6's deepest darkest fears via Discord's illusions

2)was the first one I watched; Discord made me a brony

3)is a feel-good episode that always leaves me as joyful as Pinkie Pie by the end :)

I spose those two are tied, for me. :P

• Brohoof 2

Ooh, a toughie. IMO, Sleepless in Ponyville was best episode--I did a pretty deep analysis of why here.

Still, i also really love Return of Harmony, because it

1)is psychologically intriguing by investigating the mane 6's deepest darkest fears via Discord's illusions

2)was the first one I watched; Discord made me a brony

3)is a feel-good episode that always leaves me as joyful as Pinkie Pie by the end :)

I spose those two are tied, for me. :P

Same here, Sleepless in Ponyville and Return of Harmony are my favorites! Other notable choices in my opinion would be Hurricane Fluttershy, It's About Time, and Feeling Pinkie Keen.