Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who of the Mane Six is the most wealthy one?

Motion Spark

Choose the richest of the mane6  

85 users have voted

1. 1. Choose your pony

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Rarity
    • Applejack
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Fluttershy

I'd say Twilight is the most wealthy. Although, she's what you'd consider old money. First she's technically now considered royalty, so I'd imagine she may possibly have a loaded bank account. Second, she's the top student of Celestia/caretaker of the library, so I'd imagine she gets compensation for that. Thirdly, her parents could be very wealthy as they both live in Canterlot (which would seem like a privilege in and of itself) and have a son who's captain of the royal guard and married to an alicorn/princess.

~~

I'm not sure who is exactly the richest, but it has to come down to either Twilight, Rainbow, or Rarity. Like you said, Twilight's parents are pretty rich if they could afford Twilight to enroll a Canterlot school, or be the relative of the leader of the Royal Guards. For Rainbow, patrolling the weather for Ponyville wouldn't come out so cheap, so I guess she can be pretty rich, she has a flippin' cloud mansion where for her home! And Rarity, when I first heard her with that accent, you'd expect her to be rich. In one episode she had a whole chest filled with Sapphires just for her job, and she has a gem finding spell so that can be sold for quite a lot, unless gems are worthless in Equestria >.<

• Brohoof 1

It is Applejack no doubt. She may look like she's not that wealthy because she works at a farm, but It's just a cover-up she and her family made. She is secretly funding for Princess Celestia so she can be in control of Equestria. You may be thinking to yourself, "But I thought Princess Celestia was the Ruler". Truth is, Applejack is in higher control of Equestria. But she keeps it a secret because she doesn't want rioting ponies attacking her because she makes the tax's go up every year. So she makes Celestia take the blame for all of it.

I would want to say Rarity, considering she has the ability to find gems.. but then you realize gems themselves aren't really worth squat in Equestria. I spose she would make a good bit of bits per dress though, especially selling to Canterlot ponies. If things like single cherries go for like 2 bits each I could only imagine what a dress covered in sparkling diamonds would go for.

You'd think Applejack's family would be more wealthy, since they actually do own Ponyville's source of apples, which not only are a major food source in Ponyville but think about Cider season too. It just makes me wonder where all the bits go that they make whenever AJ constantly talks about the barn and granny's hips being fixed. Hopefully Granny Smith is putting it all into life insurance.. or maybe hip surgery in Equestria is outrageously expensive.

I think Twilight herself wouldn't be rich per say, but her parents are sure to be rather wealthy living in Canterlot and all. I imagine Pinkie making a decent income from working in the bakery. Rainbow Dash I can't really comment upon, but if she is the manager of Ponyville's Weather Control and all I'm sure she makes a good income. Fluttershy is another tough one.. maybe the city itself would pay for her animal services, since she really doesn't seem to charge fees for anything. That or she lives like an amish.

Rarity or Applejack. One thing OP has gotten wrong though, is that the Apple family isn't poor. Did you SEE the line of ponies during the Cider Season? And during the Last Roundup, it wasn't that they were so poor they can't pay for other stuff. AJ was generously donating her prize money instead of keeping it for her own personal gain.

I would say Rarity from those two, though, because of the gems on her outfits and whatnot.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Twilight is probably the most wealthy. First of all, she is Celestia's private student, was born in Canterlot and was babysat by a princess. Yet some people think that Applejack's family has more money when they can't even replace that saggy old roof, saggy old plow or saggy old hip.

Rainbow Dash has a what is basically a government job, so it shoulkd pay moderately well. We haven't really seen how much money Twi has, it seems as though her family and Celestia mostly take care of her money. Applejack has a deal with most everypony in town to sell apples, so she should be alright (not rich, though). Considering that dresses are expensive and time-comsuming to make, I'd say the Rarity is the richest of the six. Pinkie Pie, who has steady work, would be second (though nowhere near Rarity). Fluttershy is the poorest since she doesn't seem to charge for animal services (she gave RD a pet for free...)

• Brohoof 1

Applejack.

Farming is a very lucrative industry, and her property is enormous. She's also probably the shrewdest businessmare of the mane 6, so I'd imagine she has the most money.

lol :lol:

why everypony think that Rainbow Dash has a mansion in the sky, sure, her house is beautiful with a greek style, but it's not that big, I bet she can push the structructure without any problem if it's attached to the clouds

Rarity is best pony therefore she is wealthiest pony. She is an Equestria-renowned dress maker and had a ton of orders for the Grand Galloping Gala (which is why she couldn't watch the CMC so Fluttershy had to right?).

Edited by Doctor XFizzle

I don´t think Applejack is stinky rich. If she was, she and Big Mac wouldn´t do all the work on their own. They would hire some workers...

About Twilight: I would say she´s from middle upper class family, well, her brother is a royal guard and he married a princess, so now her family IS rich, but she doesn´t see anything of that money.

Rainbow Dash, the weather patrol, controls the weather, which means she is VERY important and probably has a nice salary; just look at her house, it´s the most wonderful house I´ve ever seen. She probably isn´t a bilionaire, but has just enough money she needs. And she doesn´t need much, she doesn´t care about her look and stuff after all so she won´t waste her money on cosmetics and stuff.

Pinkie Pie isn´t too wealthy, she´s a baker but most of her cakes she eats on her own, she lives in a Sugarcube Corner which doesn´t belong to her et cetera. So she´s probably not a rich ass, but like Rainbow Dash, she doesn´t need that. She has enough food, a place to live and parties, and that´s all she needs.

Fluttershy lives in a small cottage, cares about a bunch of animals (which must cost a LOT), and her job is an "animal keeper" . In my opinion, she either her animals keeps her alive - she sells eggs, milk (usable in Sugarcube Corner) et cetera, OR she inherited money so she can live her dream of having three asses of animals.

But most wealthy is Rarity ofc. She even looks like a rich posh. She has her diamonds, her dresses are great so she can make a pretty neat money out of them, and I´m not mentioning she PUTS that diamonds on her dresses.. the price must be over 9ooo. Her parents are rich too in my opinion - her mother wears pants.. have you seen anypony else wear PANTS?!

The haves ---

Rainbow Dash -- lots of bits coming in -- no bits going out. No taxes on her house.

Applejack -- the farm makes a lot of money especially around cider season but has expenses.

Twilight -- Generous stipends often used.

The have nots ---

Pinkie Pie -- small salary from the cakes -- blows most of it

Rarity -- gives away far too many dresses -- on the verge of bankruptcy

Fluttershy -- very little use for money -- self sufficient

I dont know alot of people are saying Rainbow Dash is the richest since she gets paid for weather control and she does pay taxes (i assume) because she does have a cloud house.

I would think Rarity would be the richest since she has gems.

Edited by ~Chaotic Harmony~
  • Brohoof 1

I dont know alot of people are saying Rainbow Dash is the richest since she gets paid for weather control and she does pay taxes (i assume) because she does have a cloud house.

I would think Rarity would be the richest since she has gems.

Rainbow Dash is quite smart with her cloud house. Note that it does not reside in Cloudsdale. It also is not a part of Ponyville. This is a pretty good accountants trick to end up not paying any taxes at all on the house -- It simply doesnt have a jurisdiction.

• Brohoof 1

Applejack.

Farming is a very lucrative industry, and her property is enormous. She's also probably the shrewdest businessmare of the mane 6, so I'd imagine she has the most money.

Well, the thing is, farming doesn't exactly mean money. Also, it is said in episode three that there are many "saggy old" things around the farm that they needed to replace. If Applejack were really that wealthy her family would be able to at least be able to find a better plow for Big Mac.

Well, the thing is, farming doesn't exactly mean money. Also, it is said in episode three that there are many "saggy old" things around the farm that they needed to replace. If Applejack were really that wealthy her family would be able to at least be able to find a better plow for Big Mac.

You offer a good point you'd think they would hire some workers but I guess they like to keep it a family operated business only....The Apple Family isn't rich but more than enough to maintain thier business.

Also I forgot Twilight comes from Canterlot wich is basically full of Middle to upper class unicorns not to mention she is the favorite student of Celestia AND her brother is a prince thats a hell of a social status.

Pinkie Pie must be rich as hell if she can throw all these parties and keep secret emergency stashes of various items all over Ponyville.

Rarity is questionable as she does sell expensive dresses and has a variety of different gems but she often gives them away to her friends.

Im convinced Rainbow Dash is also wealthy no High pay for her job and no taxes to pay back shes getting richer by the day.

Fluttershy also I think doesnt pay taxes either but she doesn't get the high pay Rainbow Dash does plus taking care of animals must be pretty darn expensive.

• Brohoof 1

rarity is absulutly the richest one, first of all, everyone else seems very poor, part of them couldnt buy the makeup she puts every morning ._.

now, she had enough money to get a dasseling buildinghouse with a huge workshop, she have enough money to buy good fabrics, but she lives in ponyville, which means she get them with shipping from canterlot probably

another thing is this HUUUUUUUGE order she had, she must have got an awefull lot of money :D

• Brohoof 1

again, Rainbow Dash does not have a mansion, you guys are taking the fact that Rainbow Dash's house looks beautiful and regal with the definition of a mansion (which in short words is a insanelly huge house), let's see a comparation of Rainbow Dash house against the library (use Pinkie, Twilight and Fluttershy as example), Rainbow Dash house is not that big in comparison

Posted Image

Posted Image

and her room is not that great, when I see it again, she doesn't have much furnitures and it's rather simple, so my guess is that she doesn't make as much money as Applejack at least.

Posted Image

Well since I don't know how Equestria's income tax system works I'll just go off of first impressions lol.

:D Rarity: Makes dresses, but we hardly see anyone buy them, like...very rarely so I don't think she even makes that much money. She may even be in debt, considering how much she spends on materials, but she gets the gems for free, so who knows.

:wacko: Twilight: Runs the library, but I don't think she gets paid for it, maybe her pay, is her room and food?

-_- Rainbow Dash: Well maybe being a weather pony gets some money, but we never really see her doing her job, other than episode 1 of season 1, and episode 1 of season 2...and winter wrap up I suppose.

:) Pinkie pie: Works at the bakery, and we see people go to the bakery a lot, so I actually think she would be the most wealthy, if it weren't for the fact that she probably doesn't get paid as much, since she lives with the cakes, perhaps she gets paid like twilight?

:huh: Applejack: Being a farmhand is good money, and Cider season is a serious cash cow, so perhaps her? but then again most of that probably goes to expenses like, applebloom's schooling, and I'm not even sure if schooling costs money in Equestria! So maybe Applejack?

;) Fluttershy: She does all the orchestrating with the animals, so I suppose that gets some money? She has been seen with no more than 21 bits, which apparently isn't a whole lot of money, so I don't know what she makes.

All in all, I seriously have no idea how much money anypony has!

Edited by DiscordianBeats
  • Brohoof 1

Fluttershy is most wealthy pone.

If friendship is magic, then Fluttershy has the most friends because of her forest creatures.

Pinkie Pie is an impoverished bum because nopony likes her.

I mean, seriously. It's pink. Ehw.

We can't just compare Twilight to a college student. Where did she get her housing and presumably her money for daily expenses? The government provided it. Twilight holds a critical role in the Equestrian government as the leading representative of the EoH, but isn't given much wealth. Still, Twilight likely didn't want a lot of money, and Celestia provides whatever money she does want. As a senior government official, Twilight can't really be compared to the others in terms of wealth...

Rainbow Dash isn't wealthy; on the contrary, she barely owns personal property. Her salary as a mid-ranking civil servant probably isn't very high. In "Read it and Weep" Rainbow's living quarters were shown for the first and only time; they are comfortable, but nothing special. Prior to that episode Rainbow had never been shown with possessions, save a pillow and her gala dress. As for Applejack, she owns a good deal of property (it belongs to her family as a whole, but AJ is clearly the matriarch of business affairs), but still talks about financial problems. Pinkie is an apprentice and owns very little, and Fluttershy's money is greatly limited, amounting only to donations ponies give her and probably a small government salary.

Which means that Rarity is wealthiest. Not too surprising.

Edited by Starswirl the Trixied

Well since I don't know how Equestria's income tax system works I'll just go off of first impressions lol.

:D Rarity: Makes dresses, but we hardly see anyone buy them, like...very rarely so I don't think she even makes that much money. She may even be in debt, considering how much she spends on materials, but she gets the gems for free, so who knows.

:wacko: Twilight: Runs the library, but I don't think she gets paid for it, maybe her pay, is her room and food?

-_- Rainbow Dash: Well maybe being a weather pony gets some money, but we never really see her doing her job, other than episode 1 of season 1, and episode 1 of season 2...and winter wrap up I suppose.

:) Pinkie pie: Works at the bakery, and we see people go to the bakery a lot, so I actually think she would be the most wealthy, if it weren't for the fact that she probably doesn't get paid as much, since she lives with the cakes, perhaps she gets paid like twilight?

:huh: Applejack: Being a farmhand is good money, and Cider season is a serious cash cow, so perhaps her? but then again most of that probably goes to expenses like, applebloom's schooling, and I'm not even sure if schooling costs money in Equestria! So maybe Applejack?

;) Fluttershy: She does all the orchestrating with the animals, so I suppose that gets some money? She has been seen with no more than 21 bits, which apparently isn't a whole lot of money, so I don't know what she makes.

All in all, I seriously have no idea how much money anypony has!

you deserve a brohoof, just because you used a really creative and a appropiate way to use the emoticons, they look really good as you describe each one of the mane6 ;)

• Brohoof 1