Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would G5 ponies look like?

Hannah77

I've wondered this myself. I can't even imagine how G5 ponies would look, but I'd be willing to place a bet that they won't stray too far from the G4 design, considering the success it's had. or maybe they'll go back to a classic G1 look. or maybe somehow combine both of those ideas. or maybe there will never be a G5 :l

I honestly have no idea XD

Well it would not be much of a change because of the current look of the ponys and the show to be so damn good, so i thing it wouldnt rely chage for G5 or ponies will be replaced with GUDAM`s

I've wondered this myself. I can't even imagine how G5 ponies would look, but I'd be willing to place a bet that they won't stray too far from the G4 design, considering the success it's had. or maybe they'll go back to a classic G1 look. or maybe somehow combine both of those ideas. or maybe there will never be a G5 :l

I think they will be some mix of g3 (not g3.5 , that is horrible) and g4. They will be little bit bigger with personality of g4. And other possibility is that they will be anime...
  • Brohoof 2

NO! JUST NO!

Those g1 ponies looked so creepy. O_O

I bet g5 will just be the same but with older ponies.

But I hope they NEVER make the ponies look like g1 O_o

• Brohoof 3

I personally love them how they are, and i don';t think they could make them better :P

I presume they would probably go back towards the older generation's (i really dislike how those look) and i presume not many people would watch a G5 if they did that.

They are just great how they are :P I don't think they could improve that!

• Brohoof 2

I can imagine the mane six right now, but taller and more mature. I can imagine them being the same hight as Luna but this isn't what I want. I want them to remain the same they are now but for some reason when I visualize g5 ponies I see them being taller and mature. I hope it doesn't go down that way.

NO! JUST NO!

I wouldn't be surprised if they did go back to a more G1 style to please the collectors that have been around since pre G4. G1 is more popular than you'd expect it to be ;P

G5 ponies? Anime look ofc. To desing them? Maybe someday, somehow, right now I don´t feel like drawing but I´ll google some.

5 mins later: Well, this is the best I could find: :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

aaand a video bonus:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9opnsHQppc

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=pr4ztrfuwSM&feature=plcp

Edited by Suntouched Coco
  • Brohoof 3

I kind of imagined G5 would be a semi-remake of G1, where they’ll reintroduce that Megan character. But it’ll be live action movies with live actors, real world backgrounds etc but CGI talking ponies. Kinda like how Alvin and the Chipmunks is like that.

All the ponies live in Ponyville again as they have done since G3, and it’ll feture new characters but keep the retro ones like Spike whose been in MLP since G1 etc.

Well anyway, that would be an awful movie I’d imagne but it’s still kinda intresting to think of what a live action one would be like and yes I've seen that funny spoof of a live action remake on YouTube, I mean if they did it proper though lol

Oh yes and if MLP G5 was animie style? personally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVhdKoU69DA&feature=related

Edited by Asherdangerdash

I personally love them how they are, and i don';t think they could make them better :P

story-wise that have loads of room to improve. Canterlot wedding for example was so full of plotholes.

And I'm not just talking about the the ponies either,

• Brohoof 1

story-wise that have loads of room to improve. Canterlot wedding for example was so full of plotholes.

And I'm not just talking about the the ponies either,

Oh i just mean how they look :) I think if they looked different it wouldn't be as good for me :)

and i agree, a canterlot wedding was good, but i feel like they tried to put to much in it in such a small space of time. At time's it felt like it jumped from place to place.

• Brohoof 1

Oh i just mean how they look :) I think if they looked different it wouldn't be as good for me :)

and i agree, a canterlot wedding was good, but i feel like they tried to put to much in it in such a small space of time. At time's it felt like it jumped from place to place.

yeah I'll just put this here.

It's my newest one. If I was ever bothered to list everything I should be ep 15 by now.

But man downloading and editing those eps takes sooooo long.

wait a minute what the heck does this have to do with collaborations. this should be in the general discussion section!!!!!!!

this thread should be moved.

NO! JUST NO!

g1s are cute in my opinion

http://0.tqn.com/d/collectibles/1/0/-/j/3/Applejack.jpg

I like g4s better though, hopefully they will make this similar to g4. Betting they will. Maybe even g4 with different characters.

NOTHING like g3s hopefully!

Edited by Pinkie

I don't know. Right now I do not even want any Generation 5 ponies. I like the fourth generation. Don't fix something that ain't broken you know :P

I agree completely. My one complaint about it was it felt like they wrote to much story and had to run through it way to fast to fit the run time. That could explain alot of plotholes too.

I think they'll keep the main structure of the ponies the same but maybe make them a bit bigger and bring back a few characteristics of the ponies from previous generations, like the eyes. Maybe they'll look something along the lines of this:

Posted Image

Or, maybe they'll keep the g4 style but just get different main characters.

Edited by Toodleshy
  • Brohoof 1

You know what they say, if it's perfect, you don't need to change it, So I'm guessing They won't make a G5 Anytime soon.

A good Example of this quote is the Playstation series Controller, it barely changed since release

• 8 months later...

Visually speaking, I'd hope for the pony designs to go mostly unchanged (Maybe a bit taller and more graceful, Fleur-De-Lis style) but for the animation to return to a more traditional style instead of flash. Or maybe still flash, but emulating a more traditional style. I have nothing against flash, mind you, but I think it would be neat to see some more detail and cinematic presentation.

And please, I swear to Celestia, please no anime.