Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First MLP related thing you saw?

Beat Shock

This was the first thing I ever saw of MLP:FIM. Some kids in my grade 10 english where watching it on their laptop. I dont think the embed is working becuase i suck at embedding vids

Edited by Artemis
Fixed the embedded video.
  • Brohoof 2

It would be this Death Battle I watched it when it first came out and thought nothing of it other than some guy recomended this as a joke and moved on without thinking about it.

• Brohoof 2

Last October, someone who was running for class president at my high school hung up canidate posters with ponies on them. I didn't really know what it was though, and I didn't really care. I didn't really come into contact with any more MLP stuff until six months later.

• Brohoof 1

In September 2011 I ran across a pony thread on the forums of a video game magazine. I checked it out out of curiousity to find (mostly) adult men spreading pony joy. After an amusing hate response they were left alone, and I got curious as to why they liked the show so much. Then someone posted Ponies: The Anthology... I watched it and there was no going back.

Good question! I think I ran into some pony pictures sometime a year ago as part of a stunt some friends of mine pulled on Steam. (In a nutshell, we went around on TF2 servers and trolled teams while posting pony sprays.) It wasn't until sometime later that I looked up some content on YouTube; a clip of Fluttershy's "scream" is my most vivid memory. Then I watched the first two episodes (the two-parter), sat on things for a while, and then dove headlong into all things pony.

• Brohoof 2

Such a long time ago at this point. Probably about a year ago, on avatars and signatures of ponies on one of the Sonic forums I was an administrator of. Two members in-particular were obsessed with spreading memes of the show, and it got irritating. I'd have to guess that's my first encounter, though I may have seen random Google Image results of ponies when searching for unrelated topics, as well.

• Brohoof 4

The first pony related thing I saw was probably the adds on tv for the toys...

My cousin who is 7 years old LOVED the toys... Back then I didn't cair much for ponys because the show wasn't out yet... Now I have an excuse to play with MLP toys... Lol XD

Aside from random pictures? I saw IBringDaLulz's Baby Got Flank video... Not the most proud introduction to the fandom, but I didn't think EWWW CLOPPERS!!! I thought it was a funny parody of the song. I then decided to just get it over with and watch the show. Didn't think I'd get hooked but I did

ah yessssshhhhh.... i stumbled across this looking for who knows what. I looked up bronies (what in the world is this)

started watching... more and more... boom! bronified!

and no it isn't an anti brony video! he's actually a brony

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=a27oq09lhPw

Edited by Rainbow Dashey
  • Brohoof 2

I saw the Teens React video to the MLP theme(I don't really watch that anymore though) and I was quite intrigued. Then I started to notice the MLP avatars on the Bethesda Forums.

To be honest, at first I was a little uncertain of how to think about it, but at least I didn't go about hating on it without checking it out. Of course, once I checked it out I had no reason to hate on it :)

• Brohoof 1

This

The producer of a webcomic posted a link saying it was the only thing missing from his comic's punchline. I didn't understand what I was looking at until I checked the tags. I was more interested in the fact that MLP was still around (thought it had died out years ago) but quickly found out that it was being produced by the someone who worked on Foster's. So I watched the premier of Over a Barrel out of curiosity. Loved it and then found out many other guys love it too, the rest is history.

Edited by brian577
  • Brohoof 1

I go on a website called transformice.com, and in the shop where you can customize your mouse, there are the main 6's manes. I bought Applejack's, not knowing that they even were from MLP, just thinking that the blond mane looks nice on my mouse. I thought her hat was just more hair. X3

• Brohoof 2

Put bluntly, pony avatars on Zelda dungeon forums. I was always confused when I saw them as I had not heard of bronies and did not understand where they were from or why they chose them. I don't remember the time I heard of the brony fanbase though.

on the Degroot Keep server on TF2, someone had a spray of AJ with written "I buckn' love apples"

at first, I had no idea what the hell that was off, month later, bet with a mate that 10 bucks if i didnt like a show he watched, he sent me a youtube link, episodes of MLP, i lost 10 bucks

I watched the Teens React episode. At first I just laughed. But, then I thought "Wait, there has to be a reason behind this. Maybe it's a good show. Maybe people are just weird." So I waited a couple of days, and then I looked up "Why do grown men watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?" I found an article online (I can't find the link to it) that explained, in great detail, why grown men watch MLP:FIM.

So after I had read the article, I decided to watch an episode.

Oops. I carried on a bit too far there. I'll just stop here.

And that's how Equestria was made!

Edited by DrAwesomer