Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First MLP related thing you saw?

Beat Shock

it was actually a person i followed on twitter that got me started see i really love red vs blue so i followed AH_Mike and AH_Michael and one day AH_Mike changed his pic to fluttershy and that was the first contact i had so a few days latter i asked him what it was and to my surprise he answered which i didn't expect because he has thousands of followers and said it was my little pony then i looked it up and the first thing i saw was a song and it was amazing and that is how i started liking MLP and dubstep

• Brohoof 1

I found out about it via a thread on a forum I used to go to that had a thread referring to one satire article that jokingly claimed FiM was racist and homophobic. I think since I first saw pictures of the show I always kinda wanted to get into it, but I was hesitant to do so/acting like "well this is weird but I'll ignore it" because of the treatment of the notion that anyone would dare like the show on that forum was... unkind, to say the least.

I am not entirely sure where I encountered pony content at first. It was all just a blur to me, but my earliest memory of actual pony content either was a reaction image involving Twilight...

Or... Or R34 of Spike and Rarity that I accidentally came across on Google Images...

By Celestia, I hope it was the reaction picture.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

Memes, avatars, it was a slur of images, then some videos in the recommended area, and finally I just said, "I liked the old one... so if there is this much hype about the new one I've GOTTA like it!" and I watched it. Mom walked in on me watching it, she asked if she could watch it with me xD So with that I eventually looked for a forum after a thread on preexisting forums yielded no results. Bought the toys... Then I started meeting mew bronies and... BAM, all the sudden I was an engaged fan with a collection.

Edited by Vulpes

Mine was rather unique-- I'm a big fan of political/nation simulators, and I saw my first MLP:FiM related material on NationStates. There was one pony-themed nation that tried to model Equestria quite closely, but over time a lot of other people decided to incorporate ponies into their nations. I was especially drawn to those nations that created state religions/ideologies around the Elements of Harmony, and eventually did some research into the show and came up with my own national philosophy that tries to reconcile them with the ideas of the philosophers I learned in a Social Philosophy class I was taking at the time. It did take me a while to actually watch the show itself though.

• Brohoof 1

I first encountered MLP:FiM in an article called The End of the Creator-Driven Era, that I think got linked by Diane Duane (a sci-fi and fantasy writer I follow) on Twitter. I didn't really agree with the premise* - if anything I felt 'creator-driven' animation was making a resurgence - and while I did see it mention Lauren Faust, I might have accidentally skimmed over something because I didn't quite realise the link between her and MLP.

It was the comments, where a few people were defending some of the shows listed in the article, among them MLP, that made me take a second look. And since the first episode was embedded at the top, I thought I might as well watch it - I'm generally willing to try anything once. And, well, yah.

[* Side note - if I recall correctly, Duane didn't agree with it either, and that's what got me curious about the article in the first place.]

Mine was rather unique-- I'm a big fan of political/nation simulators, and I saw my first MLP:FiM related material on NationStates.

Woah, NationStates! It's been a really long time since I've encounted that name in a forum. Wonder if I can still recover my old nation that I kept on forgetting about? ^^;

Edited by MarkKB

Well the first MLP thing I saw was the first episode when my friend made me watch it (well, she didn't really make me, I chose to of free will cuz I'm cool like that... I had no prior knowledge of bronies/MLP)

But the earliest thing I can remember besides that is this:

That would be the KnowYourMeme Video which pretty much convinced me that Bronies were all freaks. months later I saw CR's MLP retrospective on ThatGuy WithTheGlasses.com which convinced me to give it a watch. and the rest, as they say, is math.

...wait...

I'm pretty sure it was R34 of Rainbow Dash. O.o I don't even remember how I came across it. After staring at it for a moment I thought "okay, this artist definitely isn't good enough to come up with a cool character like that...she's obviously from somewhere. But where?" From there I eventually followed the information trail to a new version of some 80's toy series, to bronies and then to episodes of the show online.

So if you want to go back to the VERY beginning, I guess Cloppers were the reason I discovered such a wonderful show. (So take that, moralizers who say it's destroying the fandom! ;P)

• Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...

I don't know.  Do you mean FIM thing?

If so I first saw the toys.  And I was furious.

FIRST YOU GET THE UGLY G3.5 **** AND NOW YOU GO AND CHANGE IT AGAIN!  THERE AREN'T EVEN THE MINITURE PONIES ANYMORE!

I think I might have kicked a box too...

After reading some Rage Comics I got bored. I saw this on some website.

Posted Image

I heard of FiM but I never was really interested until i saw this. I searched it up watched some episodes and got hooked.

Edited by Vertigo

I've done a bit of work for Hasbro for marketing stuff and they sent me over a bunch of assets and MLP was included in that. Around the same time my friend was showing me YouTube poops of the show.

I honestly can't remember the first MLP thing I saw. It was probably years ago, way before FiM. I didn't like things that seemed to have little to no balance between boyish and girly when I was a kid, so I never got into MLP.

As far as FiM goes, I probably saw some images and whatnot, but the first thing I remember seeing was Party of One. I watched it with a bunch of friends and have been hooked  ever since.

The first thing that i ever saw was a thread topic on a forum I was apart of.  When I saw it, you could say that I was exceptionally confused (I was still thinking about G3), so I read through it.  My reaction was basically, "Really?  They're bringing back MLP?  The world was a better place without their crappy theme song.  More importantly, why the hell is it showing up HERE of all places?  I mean these people are nice and all, but they're 18-30 year old males/females."  In the end, I decided to ignore it.  It wasn't until maybe a year or more later that I learned how big this fandom had become, and a few months after that when I finally watched it.

My best friend first told me about Rainbow Dash saying I would love her and such, but I didn't really take much notice of MLP until he showed me RD doing a sonic rainboom haha Then I saw some more RD and Rarity videos and pictures and I was hooked haha

The first time I was exposed to MLP: FiM was in a YouTube poop, where the video showed a deleted scene from a movie the creator had made. The video showed the MLP theme song and intro, which, not a brony at the time, nor did I have any knowledge of the fandom, I didn't like it.

The creator of the video also said in the description that many people had asked him if he was a "brony". I didn't know what the term meant at the time, and I still question to this day why I didn't google it that instant. Personally, I blame a lack of interest and the nearby "suggested videos" bar looking appealing.

But that was literally years ago, and I only just became a brony back in February. But that's another story...

I think it was last summer after the first MLP convention here in washington state. one of our local news studios (we have three) did a little thing on the 'bronies'   i remember seeing things about  bronies combing pony hair  on TV i remember thinking 'wow  I *really loved this series as a child....did this series totally get a reboot?" that's when i took to youtube and found out yes this series did get a reboot.   I had to get over my giddiness over this.  but then it took me about 10 seconds to understand why the bronies love this show.

and one thing to note  they didn't bash the bronies.... in fact they were fairly positive towards the fandom in general. which now thinking back on it, makes me happy to see.

Edited by angels_gal

I'm pretty sure the first thing I saw was this video:

I only found it because of my huge Portal obsession.

And then a friend on Youtube sent me a link of Rarity saying "This is the! Worst! Possible! THING!". That's what got me to watch the show, basically, as well as Teens React to MLP.

• Brohoof 2