Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First MLP related thing you saw?

Beat Shock

It would be this Death Battle I watched it when it first came out and thought nothing of it other than some guy recomended this as a joke and moved on without thinking about it.

Quoting old posts FTW. This is also the first one Iooked at. Didn't hook me up. Then I saw Sonic vs RD and Tails vs Twilight. Again, fun but not hooked. I finally saw this 

I got curious about the mirror pool and looked it up. Found the episode and watched it... Then episode 1 and 2.... And then you know the rest  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I was just browsing and noticed every now and then I would run into something pony related. My initial reaction was "WTF" but of course that led to me finding out about the pony thing and eventually getting myself hooked. :P 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

This GIF

bahahahahaaa__rainbow_dash_laugh_by_mist

It was on some GameFAQ's forum. Another person asked where the gif was from and the poster explained MLP: FIM and spoke very well of it, so I decided to take a peek of an episode on YouTube. The rest is history   :squee:

I do have vague memories of MLP from my childhood though. My sister had a lot of MLP toys, and I know I saw some generation of the show a few times, but I was too young to remember

Edited by Jaref
  • Brohoof 2

I think it was a rage comic in a Spanish site, about a brony being discovered by one of his friends. Cue the awkward silence. That was years before joining the herd 

(edited)

My first MLP experience was Screwattack's Death Battle with Rainbow Dash vs Starscream.  My initial reaction was litterally

And the rest is history lol

Edited by StarBlade

The first MLP related thing I ever saw was in an issue of Gameinformer magazine. It was a little section title "Who are you calling frilly" and it was from a guy claiming that the show was badass and not frilly. The article, really short article I should mention, did mention the word brony. A few months later, in another issue of Gameinformer I saw more MLP stuff, so its all thanks to Gameinformer that I found MLP. Heck there was even a picture of the mane six(who I did not know at the time) there.

• Brohoof 1

First MLP thing I saw was definitely pony avatars on YouTube. At first I had no idea what they were, but I remember seeing a lot of them. Then at some point in time I discovered what "bronies" were and made the connection.

For MLP FiM, I saw someone's avatar (I think it was Rainbow Dash) on another site I was visiting a couple years ago.

For MLP in general... that's hard to say, but g3 was around when I was growing up, so I think I'd seen the toys in stores.

My sister watched them and I couldn't care less. The show didn't really spark my interest until I saw the Teens React video, after that well... the show still didn't interest me, the fandom was cool though.

It dated way back to late 2011 when my friend started posting ponies in my FB Feed. In addition, this guy had been moving school after the first year, which makes me wonder, why ponies and when did he become a fan of this? The question was answered 3 years later. By me of course.

First thing ever was probably a video of RD's sonic rainboom, back in 2011. It had tons of views and likes, and i was like "why do people like this so much?" and shrugged it off. It wouldn't be until about two years ahead when i'd grow interested in the show after reading Fallout: Equestria.

• Brohoof 1

The first pony related thing I saw is Bronyland, which is the website with that pony personality test. I first found it in Marriland where they were affiliated with Bronyland. Bronyland's banner showed Rainbow Dash poking out her tongue to Applejack, but the first time I saw it, I assumed it was some MLP anime meant for little children. -3-

MLP: Gen 3 Blind box Scootaloo brushable :)

FIM: Recommended video on youtube app :)

The first thing I saw that was MLP-related was the season 1 episode 'Over A Barrel'.

I saw these...

1301200230.thelonecrow_my-lilttle-phoeni

1301708395.thelonecrow_trixie-phoenix.jp

He was into the show at the time (season 1 was airing) and drew these. As you can see, he is more of an avian artist so he drew the Mane 6 & Trixie as birds and it caught my eye.

Rest is history.

(edited)

First mlp thing I ever came in contact with was one time I was with my cousins, I was like 6 we went to Mc. Donalds and of course the little boy would order a boys happy meal well I ended up with a girl happy meal and it was a pony, I still remember trying to break it's head off, the first time I saw anything from friendship is magic was whenever we had Charter and I was channel scrolling I saw like the "we'll be right back to the pony wedding" I saw Spike in a tux and knew it was my little pony, that's when it was still disgusting.

Edited by PokeBolter

• 2 weeks later...