Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if FiM Never Existed?

Sepia-chan

Disregard the title, I mean what if everything FiM disappeared? Not never existed.

Whilst rewatching The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (great movie by the way), and interesting idea popped into my head.

What if, suddenly, you came onto the internet one day.

And everything MLPFiM-related vanished? All without a trace. Including this forum.

Personally: I'd frantically go onto every forum I know of, asking for bronies, with this:

playing in the background. Everyone would scoff at me, saying, "People who like My Little Pony, are you high?". Then someone, accidentally or not would tell me, "Bronies? Yeah, there's a forum like that.." I'd grab them by the neck of their shirt, frantically saying "Where!?" They'd tell me, and I'd run out, and I'd turn back at them, and say "Hey! Thanks!". I'd log onto said forum, and find all the bronies I knew, but not MLP. Then I'd find that a brony I knew left me a way to revert to the way everything was. The only way would be to inject the person who changed it with a something. The person would be a friend(Let's call them Z). I'd go up to them, ready to inject the something but then..!

Out of nowhere, would come someone I knew, knife in hand. The knife would peirce through my stomach, blood seeping. "I can't allow you to stop Z." Then I realized I don't remember the final battle of TDoHS very well. But beyond that, I'd save the day, and turn everything back to normal.

And you?

Edited by Dusk Eninama Ace Attorney
  • Brohoof 10

I guess I'd probably don't mind, since I'm not all that crazy about having ponies Eight Days A Week.

8 days a week does not exist, so revise that statement.

And I'm not sure I'm quite fond of your impression that all bronies are rabid fanboys.

And just for the record, I wouldn't really care after the initial shock of something completely disappearing, but..noticing that you mentioned a thread like this on a Zelda Forum, I would do what I said in the original post if it was Zelda.

Edited by Dusk Eninama Ace Attorney

8 days a week does not exist, so revise that statement.

And I'm not sure I'm quite fond of your impression that all bronies are rabid fanboys.

I think you missed why I said "Eight Days A Week" in the first place. Well, never mind that.

No, I'm not under the impression that all bronies are rabid fanboys. However, I've met quite a few, more especifically lurking around the EqD comment area and the OC self-insert fanfic writers.

There are as many wonderful people in this fandom as there are total rabid fans.

I would be very surprised to say the least, though it woud probably take a few days before I noticed anything. I don't surround myself with ponies on the internet everyday, so I might not notice right away.

When I found out I would probably try to find out just what happened.

Take the chance and make a site, be an admin on it, and CONTROL everyone to love :angry:Applejack.

Lol just kidding ^_^ I would be frankly very sad, as these cartoon ponies had a very big impact in my life.

If MLP: FiM disappeared, I'd be freaking out, then I search all over the internet for fellow bronies, rise against the tyrant to made FiM disappear, then show him the light. (I will love and tolerate the shit out of you)

• Brohoof 2

Everything MLP:FiM-related would mean all concepts and ideas related to the show too, right? I would presumably loose every idea, memory, and feeling I would have about the show, and thus probably would not care about it and do nothing, even remembering that such a show existed.

In other words, in order for your question to have the intended purpose you desire you must limit it to substantive aspects of the show rather than mental.

Getting the pedantic side of me out of the way, I'll express what I would actually do for what your question means:

I'd probably be a little distressed, and seek out my fellow bronies to see if we can't recreate the show itself, since who knows, there's probably someone out there who can remember quite a few aspects of the style ingrained in their memory.

Edited by JustFairness
  • Brohoof 1

There are millions of bronies worldwide, if it just suddenly disappeared then of course everyone will either freak out or re-make it. I've seen a bunch of fan-made fictions and videos, some might be better than the actual show. The fandom for this show is just simply amazing, we've managed to make a real movie for a great fan fiction (My Little Dashie) so I'm sure that if it does disappear, the fans will carry out the show will go on like nothing happened.

• Brohoof 2

There are millions of bronies worldwide, if it just suddenly disappeared then of course everyone will either freak out or re-make it. I've seen a bunch of fan-made fictions and videos, some might be better than the actual show. The fandom for this show is just simply amazing, we've managed to make a real movie for a great fan fiction (My Little Dashie) so I'm sure that if it does disappear, the fans will carry out the show will go on like nothing happened.

I agree with your post here, though I still haven't read My Little Dashie, is it good?

Aside from that I'm a tad dissapointed in this post here. What I originally thought this would be was a "what if" scenario stating if it never came to be, what would have hasbro done if FiM never came to be through Faust. Instead it feels more like a rough drafted fan fiction written up to state the story plot of something yet to be written. It actually confuses me more to read it each time unless I think of it that way.

Disregard the title, I mean what if everything FiM disappeared? Not never existed. Whilst rewatching The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (great movie by the way), and interesting idea popped into my head. What if, suddenly, you came onto the internet one day. And everything MLPFiM-related vanished? All without a trace. Including this forum. Personally: I'd frantically go onto every forum I know of, asking for bronies, with this:

playing in the background. Everyone would scoff at me, saying, "People who like My Little Pony, are you high?". Then someone, accidentally or not would tell me, "Bronies? Yeah, there's a forum like that.." I'd grab them by the neck of their shirt, frantically saying "Where!?" They'd tell me, and I'd run out, and I'd turn back at them, and say "Hey! Thanks!". I'd log onto said forum, and find all the bronies I knew, but not MLP. Then I'd find that a brony I knew left me a way to revert to the way everything was. The only way would be to inject the person who changed it with a something. The person would be a friend(Let's call them Z). I'd go up to them, ready to inject the something but then..!
Out of nowhere, would come someone I knew, knife in hand. The knife would peirce through my stomach, blood seeping. "I can't allow you to stop Z." Then I realized I don't remember the final battle of TDoHS very well. But beyond that, I'd save the day, and turn everything back to normal. And you?
TDoHS! Well to answer your question, if FiM did not exist, I would probably go back to being a Nagato fanboy, since you just reminded me how awesome she is :wub:

Of course I would be saddened, but im not so dependent as to be dehabilitated if FiM ceases to exist

I would figure that Princess Celestia was quite mad at me, or that discord had a hoof in this, and that I was just glad that I retained knowledge of Equestria. The second thing I would do is see if the thought form was still there.

• Brohoof 1

First thing first, Hasbro would surely get royally pissed. They lost their goldmine for hell's sake!

I bet in just few weeks those who remembers and have cash to do so will rebuilt everything. No harm done!

Well... If MLP FiM never existed, 'My Little Pwny' wouldn't be alive... :( (According to his story)

MLP has impacted many people, and if it didn't exist, then none of us would know each other, and we would have to carry on with our boring lives! MLP has become a big part of my life, and I'm glad that it's been created. :)

I would probably still be a stupid weeaboo extremist that FiM gracefully saved me from. I'd still be beating up people for not liking the things I like. FiM did a good job showing me the world of internet fandoms, and that it helped me be a LOT more tolerant to others and their opposing opinions.

That, and, well, FiM wouldn't exist! I mean, just, think about it! I'd have to get in touch with my feminine side somehow else! IT would probably be on something terrible as well.

I would look around the internet to see everything MLP related was gone, then I would look in some photo album on my coffee table to see pony pictures there, with a note from Rainbow Dash... just like MLD <3

Then I'd probably cry for the next quadrillion years...

Edited by Dxthegod

to be honest, I probably wouldn't have failed out of college. :( Gee now that i think about it MLP has ruined my life! I could have been sucessful! I could have been somebody! Instead I'm stuck being a loser who stays up until 6 AM reading Pony Fanfics. :blink: Yet... I couldn't be happier than I am. :huh: as strange as it is, I'm glad that I am where I am because of the great new experiences and people that the fandom has shown to me. Disregard comfort: Acquire Ponies. B)

Wow, that got really deep there for a second. :o

On the outside, not much for me would change as I'm not open with my like for the show. On the inside however, it'd be a bad scene. I like to re-watch episodes now and again, I have the memory of he show, sure. But I only just started talking about it with people on the net, we're it all to just vanish? It'd strike a devastating blow to me, it's cause of friendship is magic that I decided to go into animation.

I'd be pretty weirded out. I wouldn't be too bothered considering I'm not too much into MLP anymore (I enjoy it but it isn't my favourite), but if it didn't exist I might try and make it myself, then pitch it to Hasbro (presuming they existed). I'm not the most creative person so it'd probably suck bad.

It would be a strange experience. I wouldn't be as freaked out as Kyon though :P

Edited by FL_