Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

19 users have voted

1. 1. Are you going to buy the Crystal Empire DVD?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Are you going to sell the DVDs you have?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

So I just found out which episodes are going to be on the, Crystal Empire DVD.

The episodes well be.

Crystal Empire part 1 and 2

Sonic Rainboom

Luna Eclipsed

It's About Time

So some pretty good episode on this disc. I like that they're keep up with the whole holiday episode on a disc. There is one problem. With a season 1 DVD coming out, who is going to buy this? I can see myself buying, because it has a part 1 part 2 episode on it and hub may not show it that much after it airs. Like I said, some pretty good episodes on it, mostly season 2 episodes, so that a reason to buy it, but still with a season 1 coming out, season 2 may be out in a few mouths after this one comes out. So not sure if I well buy it.

Also is anyone that is getting season 1 planing to keep their DVD's they have right now? The reason to keep Friendship express is because of the Derpy episode,but after that there so no real reason to keep the second disc. So just wondering.

Edited by pinkiefan1287

Honestly, if those are really all the episodes on the DVD I don't really feel interested in purchasing it... or than to add to my collection. :P

I've seen season 1 and 2 literally countless times so I really don't want to pay to see them again. :P

Also it's DVD and not Blu-Ray.. are they still in 1080p? :s

I'm going to pass on this, it's much easier to go download the episodes off iTunes or you have a YouTube to .AVI converter, still, it's a good idea.

If they don't have any commentary by the creators or any other kind of DVD exclusives then it wont be worth buying because the fans could just watch the episodes on the internet or most of them could just record the episode on their T.V.'s....Hopefully they know that.

I will buy it, I have the other 2 so why not? I like having physical copies of episodes so I don't have to rely on internet and cable all the time(both of which I also use to watch the show). I will also get the season 1 DVD. ;)

I will not sell my other DVDs though, the Hub never plays Hearth's Warming Eve and the DVD is the best way I currently have to watch it, plus Derpy Last Roundup is needed for me, and the Hub barely plays Canterlot Wedding and that DVD also has the Love is in Bloom full version, which I like. :)

Edited by (\SBB64/)
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Also it's DVD and not Blu-Ray.. are they still in 1080p? :s

actually, none of the episodes available are aired in 1080p. they're all aired in 720p iirc, even the iTunes versions. the 1080p versions are simply stretched versions of the 720p episodes. at least, that's what i've heard they are. either that, or they do send the 1080p versions on TV, but the audio quality of those episodes are lower than the ripped 720p episodes.

as for me, i don't really feel like spending 13 bucks on a collection of those episodes. i'd only consider getting the full season 1 on DVD if i weren't spending half my money on music, which is far more satisfying for me to do.

I can't see myself buying that DVD because I usually watch my episodes on Netflix and before it goes there I would watch it on YouTube so I can not see myself getting it due to the other ways, if I wanted to buy it I would probably get it on iTunes instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Though I see no logical reason to buy this DVD given that I download all episodes and will have all the others on DVD anyway, I'm still going to buy it. Never in my life have I collected anything but I feel compelled to get all the Pony stuff I can. It's irresistable. And hopefully with all the money we're throwing at them the show will last a good, long time. So let them re-release things. It's unlikely I won't buy it.

What is all this crystal empire stuff everypony has been talking about? I have not heard of it before like this week and now I am just confused, would anypony mind explaining?

What is all this crystal empire stuff everypony has been talking about? I have not heard of it before like this week and now I am just confused, would anypony mind explaining?

The gist of it is that there was once a race of "crystal ponies" that apparently had an empire of their own in ancient times. Season 3 is going to delve into their history to some extent.

• Brohoof 1

The gist of it is that there was once a race of "crystal ponies" that apparently had an empire of their own in ancient times. Season 3 is going to delve into their history to some extent.

So is this thread about the dvd of the episodes pertaining to this crystal empire? Are there images of these crystal pony's up online yet?

So is this thread about the dvd of the episodes pertaining to this crystal empire? Are there images of these crystal pony's up online yet?

I think the episodes that are going to be on the DVD are the pilot episodes for the new season. To my knowledge there aren't any images of these legendary ponies out yet. To be honest, I avoid spoilers like plague, and there's a video here that allegedly contains big-time spoilers. Watch it at your own discretion. I'm doing my best not to look but my curiosity will probably get the better of me before season 3 gets here. It's driving me nuts!

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...