Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What happend to Twist?

Arcus (Silver Lining) Wind

She became the youngest mad scientist in the world and left by Apple Bloom, she made a new friends by herself, Frankenstein style. As she lost all the hope in friendship, her mane got straight (opposite of Pinkie´s event). Her goals are to rule the world and to fix her voice.

Posted Image

Edited by Suntouched Coco
  • Brohoof 6

she stopped hanging out with applebloom cose she (AB) doesnt has a cutie mark, right now, apple bloom's reputation is like a of a retard person, ponys find it amberresing to hang out with her

• Brohoof 1

I suppose she was just a pony who was a bit of a one-hit-wonder and ended up being in the background while everypony else got the spotlight.

Yeah, they only needed her for that episode when the CMC are introduced, and since she got her cutie mark they never really fitted in with them so she is now just background :)!

Yeah, they only needed her for that episode when the CMC are introduced, and since she got her cutie mark they never really fitted in with them so she is now just background :)!

I was trying to make a reference to Pop Culture, but yeah, this was pretty much what I was trying to say (all jokes aside, of course).

Or we could just say that everyone who has a cutie mark is part of one huge clique. They all hang out with each other, with Diamond Tiara at the head, just to make Apple Bloom feel bad and left out. :blush: Fortunately, Apple Bloom doesn't need them anyway, mostly because Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle are way more awesome than any BG pony would ever hope to be. Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 2

The CMC despise all 'Markies' and thus make a concerted effort not to associate themselves with them. this is why AB no longer talks to twist. the whole thing is rather ironic, seeing as the CMC's mission is to become 'Markies' themselves.

• Brohoof 1

We aren't supposed to talk about Twist. Unwed school-mare mothers is a growing problem in Equestria. Some blame the parents. Some blame Cheerilee for not keeping an eye out at recess. Some say this is why Featherweight is suddenly a gelding.

(Twist's daddy was NOT AMUSED!)

I think they just knew each other because they didn't have cutie marks so they where both shunned for it.

Now that twist her cutie mark I suppose they just stopped hanging out since they're common ground was kinda shattered.

And plus apple bloom hangs out with the CMC now all the time. And twist pretty much just stopped being relevant to the plot afterwards.

Not everybody who gets line's needs to be mandatory in atleast a few episodes after or anything. Atleast not in my opinion. Only when it makes sense.

Thats just me tho :P

I was trying to make a reference to Pop Culture, but yeah, this was pretty much what I was trying to say (all jokes aside, of course).

Ah ok :P i actually have no idea what pop culture is to be honest, is it an American thing or something? or maybe i just need to get out more :)

Twist was born with Steppingstoneiasm disorder. She constantly get's tossed aside and replaced by others who are better and have more depth to their character than her, while she herself is never given enough screen time to develop any in the first place.

In all reality, what do you think one of the reasons for why Apple Bloom befriended Twist in the first place? Probably because she was also a Blank Flank who was picked on by Number One bitch and her sidekick. I feel like Apple Bloom gravitated towards her because she was nice to her, instead of following along and laughing at Apple Bloom like most of the other fillies in her class seemed to, whenever Diamond Tiara made fun of her.

Ergo, having Twist as a friend more because she was the only one -to- be friends with and not so much on a personal level (at least in the sense she would later develop with her two new friends), Apple Bloom simply stopped hanging out with Twist, since Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo all had similar interests to Apple Bloom. At least, more of them than Apple Bloom had with Twist.

My thoughts.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

Ah ok :P i actually have no idea what pop culture is to be honest, is it an American thing or something? or maybe i just need to get out more :)

Popular Culture, basically meaning a mainstream environment. My reference was to how a popular song usually get's attention for a little bit, and then more popular artists get the attention instead of the one-hit-wonder.

• 2 years later...

I was just wondering this same thing myself. What happened to her?

Since the last post to this thread, Twist finally got another spoken line - in the Cutie Pox episode.

She used to be Apple Bloom's bestie, but Apple Bloom seems to have just ditched her. Then she seemed to hang out with Truffle Shuffle for a while (Family Appreciation Day and Hearts and Hooves Day). She's still seen in the background from time to time.

It's a shame she doesn't get more attention in the show.

• Brohoof 1

She was another piece within this episode's plot, more than a character herself. Showing the existing discrimination, as to have a cutie mark or not.

Acceptance/discrimination.

Her character was set as a part of this plot line, adding up strength to the CMC bond.

Personally, I don't find her character interesting. I think it has little to offer, and therefore it should remain a background pony from now on.

Yeah, I'd say Twist is just a victim of overcrowding.  They've got the Top 10 characters, Luna, Zecora, Discord, Celestia, Miss Cheerilee, the Cake twins & more all screaming out for more time.  There are just too many plots & too little time.  They had to demote her to background pony.  Same thing happened to Richie's older brother after 1st season of Happy Days. 

IMO, they should consider a spin off series.

• Brohoof 1

I remember Twist. She was so nice to Applebloom. Maybe they parted ways after Applebloom started the CMC? They have class together so they still see each other which is good.