• Rarity
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Fluttershy
    • Trixie
    • Zecora
    • Derpy Hooves
    • Other

Zecora would be great if you have a weak immune system, she can brew a natural remedy to help heal your illnesses.

I could use one of her remedies right now. I'm sick :(

Although I am not the party type, I would room with Pinkie. She seems like she would be kind and sensitive to my feelings about not partying all the time, wouldn't mind if I was a slob, would bake great stuff, and would be fun to hang out with.

I do love them, but I do think that Twilight and Rarity would kill me for being messy (can't help it, I do clean but I don't really notice the messes everyone else notices), I would find living with Rainbow to be uh, not much fun, Fluttershy would be a bit too quiet for me to room with. Applejack would be my #2 choice :)

• Brohoof 1

I could use one of her remedies right now. I'm sick :(

Although I am not the party type, I would room with Pinkie. She seems like she would be kind and sensitive to my feelings about not partying all the time, wouldn't mind if I was a slob, would bake great stuff, and would be fun to hang out with.

I do love them, but I do think that Twilight and Rarity would kill me for being messy (can't help it, I do clean but I don't really notice the messes everyone else notices), I would find living with Rainbow to be uh, not much fun, Fluttershy would be a bit too quiet for me to room with. Applejack would be my #2 choice :)

I hope you feel better soon! I don't think Twilight would kill you, she would just organize everything against your will. Rarity might though. she needs to make room her her messes (Organized Chaos).

Thank you, I hope so too.

I know how to navigate my messes so I'd probably kill Twilight for organizing my chaos :D

I am kind of the same way, though I love it when my room is organized...I am just bad at maintaining it.

Like most people, I'm going to have to say Applejack. But it's not so much because she's responsible and hard-working (although this does contribute), it's because she has a very calming personality and is understandable about anxiety. Like in Dragonshy, she doesn't once lose her patience at Fluttershy's fear. And since I'll probably be freaking out a lot, having a pony like that around would help me out loads. She'd be really supportive too and help me get the courage to do things.

• Brohoof 1

I'd have to go with Twilight.

She's smart and reasonable. She would likely be reliable and hard working and have interesting things to talk about. It'd also be nice to live with someone clean and organized. I don't like leaving my room due to all the trash and dirty dishes lying around.

Pinkie would be a close second. She'd be a very fun person to be around, but her constant partying would probably too much for me.

Oooh that's a tough choice. In all seriousness being brought up a modern witch I can see myself getting along with Zecora and her being easy to live with...To an extent. I'd probably irritate her though even without realizing it.

The ones I would never in a zillion years want to room with for self preservation are Twilight and Rarity. Not that I don't like them I do...But I live with a neatfreak already (my mom) another neatfreak whom seems to have the same perfection issue as my betta...That would not bode well. I live in organized chaos I'm not a slob but...My room is a typical teen's room. Messy slightly but livable.

AppleJack or Zecora to be honest. If I could have both it'd be harmony.

It was hard to decide between Applejack, Twilight, and Fluttershy.

Applejack is one of those girls, mares, in this case, that are just fun to be around.

Twilight is a bookworm, kinda like me, and... yeah in many ways she reminds me of myself.

Fluttershy is such a sweetheart, but she is too shy, WAY too shy. I am quiet when I get to meet someone new, but when around people I know, none can shut me down!

So I chose Twilight. Yay ^_^

Ok, here we go!

Twilight Sparkle: Very smart, knowledgeable, and clean. It'd be nice to share a room with someone that's quiet and understanding of my tastes. At that, I'd be afraid of her keeping the light on all night long, and since I work full time, I need mah sleep. Plus, she goes off the deep end too much. Crazy pony would probably do something wrong, though unintentionally.

Pinkie Pie: I'm not a party person. Sorry.

Rarity: I'm not too into fashion. My room is simple, my wardrobe is simple, and while it'd be nice to have hand made clothes, I'm not the fashion type, I prefer to be simple.

Fluttershy: She's quiet, gentle, and nice, but I don't think I can fit too many more animals in this tiny apartment, we already have a rabbit, a hamster, 2 zebra finches, and a cockatiel.

Rainbow Dash: Pretty messy and lazy. While she'd be fun to hang out with, I don't think I could handle her for too long.

Trixie: I don't like bragging and I don't think the neighbors would either.

Derpy:Waking up to muffins would be pretty nice, but yeah, there'd be too many

Applejack Applejack is probably the only pony I could truly rely on, being as dependable as she is. Plus, if rent couldn't be paid, I think she'd be the first to admit that and be honest.

TL;DR I think my roomate would have to be Applejack. She's honest and dependable, and I could be at work knowing the building either won't be engulfed in flames or overrun with clutter.

EDIT: Thinking through it a bit more, Applejack is a hard working pony, and I have my moments of laziness, which might tick her off, to say the least. And I can't imagine what she would do to lazy ponies.. My opinions stick on the others though, and not playing favorites, but Twilight would be the best for me, even if I drive her to insanity, or the light is on all night, I'm not exactly the social type, yet I'm not exactly the quiet type, I'm pretty balanced in the middle. In the long run, even if my apartment became filled with books, at least I know that if I'm not at home, she'll be content, and when I am home, I can sit back after work, and not tick anypony off.

Edited by Kapi

(edited)

Putting aside my adoration for the ponies, here's my personal analysis for the mane 6....and Derpy Hooves.

Twilight Sparkle

Pros - Intelligent, polite, and thoughtful, Twilight would probably keep to herself and not cause problems most of the time. If you can make peace with the fact that she's probably smarter than you, Twilight could be a roommate who is not only low-maintenance, but also helpful. That magic of hers would certainly make chores easier, and her smarts would almost certainly come in handy often.

Cons - Twilight is extremely obsessive-compulsive, and messing up her "system" of organization in any way is liable to result in some seriously neurotic behavior, if not a long and boring lecture about why things need to be kept a certain way. On top of that, you must always remember that you're living with someone who can turn you into a houseplant if you ever push her over the edge.

Fluttershy

Pros - Fluttershy is quiet, polite, and guaranteed not to cause problems with the neighbors. While she may not be the most social or exciting roommate, Fluttershy's mild-mannered nature at least ensures that you won't be getting into many arguments with her. Fluttershy is also very sympathetic, which makes her the perfect pony to have around when you're feeling down.

Cons - I hope you like animals, because if Fluttershy lives with you your apartment is going to be crawling with them. No matter how much dander there is or what throws up on your bedsheets, you can never EVER lash out in anger at her animals, either. Doing so is likely to result in the most terrifying lecture of your life.

Applejack

Pros - Applejack is fairly down to earth, friendly, and outgoing. Hardworking and dependable, Applejack will always have her half of the rent and utilities at the end of the month. Not only that, but she's also an accomplished cook provided that you like apples. Add in a generally sweet disposition and you have a pony who can bring out the best in you.

Cons - Applejack will not abide laziness or slacking. If you live with her, prepare to work harder than you ever have in your life. Look out for muddy hoofprints on the carpet, too. Outside of that, bear in mind that Applejack is a simple pony from the farm who has a tendency to embarrass herself at social gatherings. especially if you live in a city.

Rarity

Pros - If you like clothes, Rarity is your dream come true. Provided that she likes you, Rarity is bound to make you all kinds of free outfits. Even if that doesn't grab you, Rarity is a very sweet and giving pony who does her best to see the good in everyone. She may be more fabulous than you, but that won't stop her from being your friend.

Cons - As drama queens go, they don't get much bigger than Rarity. When she's in one of her "moods" your best bet is just to avoid her altogether. While she means well, she will probably want to give you tons of makeovers too. Living with Rarity also means you're consigned to being her guinea pig when she gets a new fashion idea. And god help you if you leave a mess in the apartment.

Rainbow Dash

Pros - Rainbow Dash is a laid back pony who isn't afraid to hang with the boys. If you are into sports, no pony will complement you better than she will. If you're not, she can still be a pretty fun roommate, as Dash is a pony who is always looking for a thrill. Life with Rainbow Dash may be a lot of things, but it would never be boring.

Cons - Rainbow Dash can be somewhat irresponsible at times, and you may find her falling behind on her half of the rent more often than you like. Dash is also highly competitive, and unless you can match that enthusiasm you may find her company difficult to tolerate when she's in the zone. To put it simply, sometimes Rainbow Dash can be....well, a jerk.

Pinkie Pie

Pros - Pinkie Pie makes it her personal mission in life to spread joy to all around her. Being depressed is nearly impossible when you have someone like Pinkie by your side. Sweet, cheeful, and full of hugs, Pinkie will lavish you with parties and good times until you couldn't possibly be any happier. If you can't be happy with Pinkie, you need your head examined.

Cons - Pinkie Pie loves parties more than you. Don't dispute it. Sooner or later you'll probably get worn out. Pinkie, however, has almost nonstop energy and will still be going when you're ready to quit. While it can get irritating, you must always be patient with Pinkie, as saying the wrong thing or accidentally implying you don't like her anymore can absolutely devastate her emotionally.

Derpy Hooves

Pros - Look how cute you are! And your eyes are all googly! That's so funny! Ooh I just wanna squeeze you til you pop, you're so adorable!

Cons - Derpy, did you eat everything in the damn fridge again!? No, I'm not going to buy more muffins! I'm sick of muffins! We're getting bagels this time! Agh, stop crying, for god's sake! I'll buy the muffins...damn it...

Edited by Mister Jack
  • Brohoof 4

:blink:

Wow, in depth much...... After having read such a well thought-out reply, I would still say AJ would be my choice for a roommate, however Fluttershy, who I honestly wouldn't normally have considered, would be running a very close second.

Thank you ;)

Rarity might not like how messy I am ):

I would be roommates with her just because she is my favorite pony but if we are talking about who would be best to room with I would probably say Twilight.

PP would never let me sleep, FS would be awkwardly quiet, RD would make me sleep on the floor so she can have 2 beds, AJ would be too messy.

• Brohoof 1

As far as interests go and re-thinking it...Rarity and I might get along better then I initially thought. She could help me sew some really radical stuff to sell or to wear but the unfortunate side is...Neat freak. Eh free clothes clean house...I'll deal. XD