• Rarity
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Fluttershy
    • Trixie
    • Zecora
    • Derpy Hooves
    • Other

Oooh, this is a hard decision to make, especially after Mister Jack's thoughtful analysis of their habits. His analysis makes me reluctant to choose ANY of them for a roommate.

However, I believe I will choose Twilight, even despite the potential for long neurotic lectures. I believe we would enjoy endless conversations about all sorts of itneresting topics too much for me to want to give that up.

Applejack was a close second choice, though.

Oh, what analysis? This sounds interesting...

Oh, what analysis? This sounds interesting...

The one he posted earlier in this thread:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/3270-pony-roommates/page__view__findpost__p__85747

Although if you're just in the mood for analyses in general, I have some analyses of the Mane Six from a mostly psychological standpoint scattered in the fanclub threads...I believe they were added to the first post in those threads, so they should be easy to find.

Twilight Sparkle. She's an intellectual, relatively quiet, and well spoken. Her neat freak antics might be a bit irritating, but I'd rather have that than someone who would constantly leave a mess. Talking to her and discussing various subjects would probably be pretty interesting.

If not Twilight, then probably Applejack. I can appreciate her dependable, can-do attitude. Things would likely be a bit messy, though, given her work outdoors. And while she is a far cry from being dumb, she wouldn't dwell very long on intellectual matters.

Pinkie Pie would be too loud and hyperactive; Rarity might constantly want assistance for trying on new clothes and such; Rainbow Dash wouldn't care very much about how she left the place when zooming off, and she can be a braggart; and Fluttershy has too many animals, in spite of my love of cats.

Hmmm. If I was to get along with any of them it would probably be Dash. Not because I like the character, but I just feel that the other characters would be on my back all of the time. I'm not the tidiest of people but I do clean up after myself, and having someone yelling at me all the time would probably drive me crazy. The only other ponies I could consider would be Applejack and Fluttershy.

Fluttershy for the obvious reason that she would keep to herself and not make a mess. I do enjoy animals as well. So it would be a win/win. The only problem I could see with her is if I were to have company over. You can probably tell why. It would be hard trying to make introductions when all she would do is whimper or mumble.

And then there's Applejack. This is where there is a fine line between messy and dirty. I can handle the clothes and dishes, but scrubbing out the dirt and mud would probably make me go insane. Other than that part, having a loud, energetic, and truthful roommate would be more than awesome.

Last but not least on my list, Rainbow Dash. I would pick Dash over the rest of the ponies because some days I honestly just don't feel like doing anything. I could lay around all day and I know she would too. Plus, I'm pretty competitive when it comes to games, and what would be better than sitting back on the couch and watching tv with Rainbow Dash? Maybe it's just me, but I would need someone to keep me on edge all the time (when I'm not being lazy myself). I also have a feeling that if you were to invite friends over, Rainbow would have no problem meeting and greeting. Now, onto what makes it or breaks it for most people. The mess. I have been seeing a lot of people complaining about the "giant mess" that Rainbow Dash would produce. I personally wouldn't have a problem with it because I'm a very easygoing person. As long as she keeps it on her side it's all good. Also, if you're in a sad mood, what better way to bring color into your life than having Rainbow Dash as a roommate? On one last note, I'm not that girly of a person so having someone like Dash around would keep it... for lack of a better term, interesting.

I picked Twilight because I need a lot of alone time when at home, and she's luckily often studying. She's a night owl sometimes too, which works out perfect since I often stay up late.

I thought about picking Applejack for her sunnier disposition but she probably gets up way too early for harvesting. We'd definitely butt heads on that front.

Edited by RainbowDolly

It'd have to be Pinkie. My favourite may be Dash but I just feel that Pinkie would be the most odd and just the most fun to be around. Fluttershy would be quiet, Applejack would be too loud, Rarity gets on my nerves anyway (opinion), Twilight would just read and Dash would snooze all day.

• 2 weeks later...

Rarity because maybe some of her fabulosity would rub off on me! (I am so unfabulous *sigh*)

I say Fluttershy, since she would be caring and look after me. Unlike Rarity who would probably just call me a slob, or Twilight who would wake me up at 6:00am to do studies. Yikes.

Pinkie Pie. Parrtaay!

Rarity and Twilight would be way too organised for me. Applejack would wake up too early and Rainbow Dash is just too shouty. Fluttershy would be my second choice but she wouldn't be as fun as Pinkie. :D

It was between Twi and Dashie. In the end I went with Twilight because she could sell my book! No but really, I'm already a RD by personality and having two of them could never bring out anything good xD

Rather have someone calm and organized.

I picked fluttershy because she's cute. Especially when she staggers on words. And that soft voice that can carry your thoughts to nothing but happiness So you'll have great dreams of love and harmony.....everypony is thinking the same thing..

Pinkie Pie. Parrtaay!

Rarity and Twilight would be way too organised for me. Applejack would wake up too early and Rainbow Dash is just too shouty. Fluttershy would be my second choice but she wouldn't be as fun as Pinkie. :D

Rarity does like certain things just so, but remember Sweetie Belle cleaning up her "organized chaos"? As for Twilight, she loves checklists but when she's researching something she'll scatter books about everywhere. Spike has complained about that and asked her directly to just read one at a time. I guess my point is that those two ponies may not be as organized as everyone thinks.

I would pick Twilight Sparkle - we could do a lot of studying together and she comes with Spike and Owlawishes who would clean up our mess afterwards. ^_^

Rarity does like certain things just so, but remember Sweetie Belle cleaning up her "organized chaos"? As for Twilight, she loves checklists but when she's researching something she'll scatter books about everywhere. Spike has complained about that and asked her directly to just read one at a time. I guess my point is that those two ponies may not be as organized as everyone thinks.

Yeah I guess so. :) Still, don't think it would be my cup of tea. ;)

I would live with Derpy if I had the chance =)

Although Rainbow Dash would be another pony I would look into sharing because she is cool... My vote in the poll went to Derpy though.