Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

writing An outcry of my generation

TheBronyHeart

Is it possible that our age shall end in the flames of a degenerate generation?

Is it possible for the youth of our nation to hold their own?

Perhaps we are destined to fail.

Perhaps we should not even try.

When I see my generation so, Oh how it burns my eyes.

For this disease I am stricken, a disease of lost hope.

Forgive me my son if this world is not as I intended.

David Favret

This poem is my personal description of the generation in which i am growing up with. It is an irresponsible and immature generation, to say the least. But perhaps, this is only just the people that i know. And I do Know that there are many of our age that are a benefactor to us.

• Brohoof 6

Funny how even around the late 90s would the younger generation reflect in midst of its current pop culture, and would feel disgraced by the lower vices that the society dwells on. Also, on the falling drop of moral fiber to compensate conformity by placing facades of justification for immoral actions.

Short words: funny how we realize now that we see how sometimes conformity means abandoning moral integrity and fiber just by making it look like it is or by peer pressure?

Edited by talkingmuffin

I can see why. Kids spamming mics in video games, pop music that bleeds my ears out, annoying commercials, kids with horrible grammar, you name it. This generation does have some high points (Like the internet rise) but other than that it kind of sucks.

It's funny how dumb, idiotic, stupid, incessant crap is what is 'cool' now adays... If you don't scream YOLO before everything you do you simply aren't living life to its fullest...

And the internet rise is a mixed topic for me. I understand that without the internet bronies wouldn't have even came along... But you still ahve to remember that just about everyone has internet access.. Including your 10 year old brother who doesn't know the difference between they their and they're.

• Brohoof 1

It's funny how dumb, idiotic, stupid, incessant crap is what is 'cool' now adays... If you don't scream YOLO before everything you do you simply aren't living life to its fullest...

And the internet rise is a mixed topic for me. I understand that without the internet bronies wouldn't have even came along... But you still ahve to remember that just about everyone has internet access.. Including your 10 year old brother who doesn't know the difference between they their and they're.

or there.

Also I always hated the YOLO stuff that people seem to shout out. Honestly it doesn't make you look awesome. It makes you look like a pothead, which I guess is where it came from.

I think YOLO came from Drake? Or Lil wayne? Someone like that.. Not sure but either way it is freaking annoying.. It was okay at first but now everyone is running around screaming YOLO!

Like a bunch of zombies.

I think old(er) people are too used to their young generation and think ours (Meaning mine) blows. It's funny at times when they complain about our gen (Like this), other times, it's downright annoying -_-

I see your point however your generation has lost a lot of aptitude... More and more girls are getting naked on facebook. More students are failing. More kids have crap parents that don't watch what their kids are doing..

Some people are even having children just to collect welfare money. Which in turn hurts the kids because do you honestly think that those kids are getting the love, attention and stimulation they deserve? Definitely not.

Edited by Bronyponyfanatic

Just watch, the world will be an anarchy in just a few decades - our generation is truly rotten. At least a large part of it is. I really hope present day kids will forget what "YOLO" means by the time they become adults.

I think old(er) people are too used to their young generation and think ours (Meaning mine) blows. It's funny at times when they complain about our gen (Like this), other times, it's downright annoying -_-

The thing is, it is horrible. 20 years ago kids didn't do drugs and smoke before they turned 12. Edited by Shaoni

I think YOLO came from Drake? Or Lil wayne? Someone like that.. Not sure but either way it is freaking annoying.. It was okay at first but now everyone is running around screaming YOLO!

Like a bunch of zombies.

I see your point however your generation has lost a lot of aptitude... More and more girls are getting naked on facebook. More students are failing. More kids have crap parents that don't watch what their kids are doing..

Some people are even having children just to collect welfare money. Which in turn hurts the kids because do you honestly think that those kids are getting the love, attention and stimulation they deserve? Definitely not.

I dunno. I do like seeing girls without much on

I guess I just don't see the crappy kids of today. Most people at mah school seem normal for the most part. Then again, I do go to a Catholic high school, and they don't take misbehaving all that well here. Mah school is just awesome in general, though. They let us use Macbooks during lunch :D. Hell, I can watch freaking South Park during lunch! That's awesome

• Brohoof 1

I am glad to see the contrasting and agreeing opinions that you have all shown. I just personally am losing hope that our generation will achieve much. But like I said before, there are some EXCELLENT exceptions that may very well lead us onward someday.

• Brohoof 2

Has anybody thought that eventually everything'll get so bad that it'll shock everyone into realising what went wrong, and course-correcting? Somewhat like "You can get knocked down, but then you can look up."

If there's still people that go "Huh. Looks like everyone around me sucks and the world's going all crazy soon"... doesn't that mean that WON'T happen since enough people think the same thing?

• Brohoof 1

meh, i hear this about everygeneration... Great Gparents would be saying "i can't believe kids now adays and their non button up shirts!" "this generation is surely lost!"

Then my Gparents...

"This rock and roll is of the devil..."

Then my parents

"video games..." or "My little pony?!?" this is just absurd

there is always something that will come along that the older generations hate... oh well, but i will admit, even i am disappointed in my own generation.

It is a pathetically hopeless and carefree generation.

• Brohoof 2

Kids these days... It's not their fault that the media is completely desensitized of all feeling, and void of all emotion, talent, or skill. You just need to hang onto the things that make you happy, and if being a sheep in the realm of popularity is your niche, you'll have a problem breaking out of that shell for the rest of your life.

One thing that you should always follow no matter what; Be yourself.

• Brohoof 3

Language these days, and the immature kids...I agree with you.

I know, because I'm one myself, obsessed with computers. And it's not like we don't want to learn, it's that those things are too addicting.

• Brohoof 1

While it is true that most people in our generation are absolutely stupid, you should remember that there are some who aren't like that.

Great poem as well. You should write more.

• Brohoof 1

No one's going to believe me about this, but every generation before this one has struggled with the exact same concerns, both in their own minds and older people's. The baby boomers, the hippies, the gen X-ers, the 90's burnouts. Every generation. At the end of the day, you're no different from them. And the country is still standing.

So you guys are fine. Some of you are incredibly fragile and overprotected like hell, but like most of us you've developed ways of coping. It's pretty damn weird to think that there are kids growing up these days who weren't even alive before the Internet and cell phones were everywhere (late 90's or so). I was, though, and it wasn't that bad. Everything just happened a little bit slower. In a way it was nice. Now you have a bunch of friends and family members who expect to be able to reach you 24/7, and it gets kind of overwhelming at times. The charm of distance has been lost; everybody's connected, or if they're not they have a rough time fitting in. But I was a kid before all that and still had a rough time fitting in, so it's always something. :)

meh, i hear this about everygeneration... Great Gparents would be saying "i can't believe kids now adays and their non button up shirts!" "this generation is surely lost!"

Then my Gparents...

"This rock and roll is of the devil..."

Then my parents

"video games..." or "My little pony?!?" this is just absurd

there is always something that will come along that the older generations hate... oh well, but i will admit, even i am disappointed in my own generation.

It is a pathetically hopeless and carefree generation.

Then let the older generation do the hating. Take this time to figure things out for yourself instead.
  • Brohoof 5

A repost from Tumblr, for relevance. Sums things up quite well, I think.

Oh, for fuck's sake. I shouldn't have to bypass the character limit because of a bug. I'll have to screenshot this and bring it up as a bug or something.

• Receptionist: Don't you feel like your generation is just lazy?
  • Me: Lazy? I'd say apathetic.
  • Receptionist: Isn't it the same?
  • Me: No. My generation is criticized and toiled with, and I don't see why not - just turn on the TV and watch what they're feeding us. But my generation is not lazy. My generation fought in Iraq and Afghanistan. My generation fought for womens rights in a fury that hadn't been seen since the 19th Amendment. My generation got our first black President elected. My generation fought for Gay rights for the first time in American history. And with all that, we are apathetic, and that's because things aren't going to be better for us down the road. We are the first generation expected to make less than our parents. We are the first generation to see America lose its status as a super power. We've lived through the worst economic times since the Great Depression, and are forced to take out thousands of dollars in student loans at the same time, all while our college degrees slowly turn into a highschool diploma. We've done plenty, and expect nothing. So no, I wouldn't say we're lazy, just apathetic.

@@Crispy, it really depends. If you're talking about a sort of social generation, then I would agree, we have done loads, but if you mean an age generation, then we're talking about the teenagers who say 'swag' and 'YOLO' and use hashtags on Social Media that doesn't even have the function of hashtags. I can really see where you're coming from though.

@@Crispy, it really depends. If you're talking about a sort of social generation, then I would agree, we have done loads, but if you mean an age generation, then we're talking about the teenagers who say 'swag' and 'YOLO' and use hashtags on Social Media that doesn't even have the function of hashtags. I can really see where you're coming from though.

Those people will get out of it eventually. I'm sure people felt the same about those who acted like Bill and Ted all the time back in the day.

Only seems more prevalent now because of our systems of interconnected social media. The price of knowledge being able to flow freely through the world is the torrent of the mundane that has the same access.

Those people will get out of it eventually. I'm sure people felt the same about those who acted like Bill and Ted all the time back in the day.

Only seems more prevalent now because of our systems of interconnected social media. The price of knowledge being able to flow freely through the world is the torrent of the mundane that has the same access.

Yeah, I suppose the best thing we can do is to stop complaining and ignore it. It'll be gone eventually, and will be replaced by something either ten times as worse, or something actually decent and funny that my peers say all the time.

Yes, but we have My Little Pony, er, wait. I'm 20, can I say we or do I count as the 90s generation?

Everything aside I can tell you it went way back, my stepdad is 70 years old and HE once engaged in stupid frat-boy behavior, and my real dad that's 60.