Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is best friends with whom?

Arcus (Silver Lining) Wind

Rarity and Fluttershy are best friends, apparently. Proven in Green isn't your Colour.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash are obviously the best of buddies. It's obvious through all the rivalry.

Twilight and Pinkie are left over, but I don't really see it. Pinkie is usually just oaisdhpfasdoh all over Ponyville and Twilight is still rather kept-to-herself like.

• Brohoof 5

Gah, it's really hard to tell...

But I'd say Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, since they knew each other long before the others. As for the rest, I honestly have no idea. Applejack has a kind of rivalry with both Rarity and Rainbow Dash, Pinkie seems to consider each and everyone her best friends and Twilight kinda has the same level of friendship with everyone as well.

• Brohoof 4

Twilight and Pinkie Pie seem to be close friends. In some of the episodes Pinkie Pie talks to Twilight about a problem she is having and likes to get her opinion on things before doing anything. Pinkie may also want to show Twilight more of her friendship.

I feel like Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy were friends, but lost touch with each other when Fluttershy left the school. If anything Fluttershy and Rarity are close friends now.

Finally Apple Jack and Rainbow Dash seem to get a long well because they like to challenge each other.

Edited by pinkiefan1287
  • Brohoof 4

I think that Rainbow Dash is best friends with Fluttershy, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie. Fluttershy because Rainbow Dash seems to have the desire to defend her ever since flight school. (though may have grown apart slightly when they reached adulthood) You see Rainbow Dash wanting to defend Fluttershy when she feels threatened, even when in some cases (such as Hurricane Fluttershy) she doesn't understand or relate to Fluttershy enough to know what to do. Applejack shares a friendly rivalry with Rainbow Dash and both use each other to better themselves. And Pinkie Pie is Rainbow Dash's friend for all the fun things Rainbow wants to do. Pinkie is always there to cheer her on or help devise some pranks.

Rarity seems to have grown a friendship with Fluttershy over the years, but according to Putting Your Hoof Down, she also apparently spends time with Pinkie as well. (She could have been one of Pinkie's first friends when she came to Ponyville... Just a theory)

Applejack seems to be well divided outside of her friendship with Rainbow Dash, though I think she cares a bit more about Twilight.

Pinkie Pie is friendly to everyone, but she appears to hang around Rarity, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight more.

Fluttershy, although appreciative of Rainbow Dash's kindness and loyalty, opens up to Rarity more, and even then, that friendship probably took a while to form.

And Twilight seems to be the most outside this web of friends as she is the newest member, being friends and having close ties with royalty already. Though she likes Applejack's honest opinion on things, and somehow is attracted to Pinkie Pie, whether by her actions intriguing her, or because of Pinkie's initial openness.

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Dash with Fluttershy; Childhood friends, c'mon.

Applejack with Twilight; Support's her all the time, is the most friendly with greeting.

Rarity and Pinkie; Putting Your Hoof Down, though that's the only instance I see them together..

• Brohoof 2

Dashie seems to prefer Applejack as a friendly rival best friend, seeing as how they're both athletic tomboys. Then, Fluttershy as a casual best friend, seeing as how Dash has known Fluttershy longer than anyone else, and, as her opposite in personality, likes to stick up for her and try to motivate her. Dash only started truly liking Pinkie in episode five, after they discovered they love practical jokes, but I don't feel there's as deep a friend connection there, personally, as Dash has with Butter pony and Apple pony :3

Twilight's best friends are Princess Celestia, Spike and her books.

Rarity really likes Fluttershy; they both do dress and fabric related things, though Fluttershy does it to a lesser extent, and they've both been going to that spa date thing for a while now.

• Brohoof 1

I think they like everypony in their group just as much. So I can't really say. But I would guess Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy because they have known eachother for such a long time.

I agree with everyone on here,

obviously Rarity and Fluttershy are best friends, and it showed a lot, so I wont touch that.

Applejack and Rainbow Dash, share a really competive buds friendship, however Applejack seems to be the voice of reason among the mane6, so she's very close to Twilight when she needs a good friend when she wants to let her feelings out.

Pinkie Pie, is the only one who I see that is good friend with everyone, but not necesarily best friends. She's random. :S

and well, Twilight, being the main character of the series, she's close to everyone, but I feel like she really close to Rarity/Fluttershy as a whole and Applejack as a one.

my thoughts are pretty messy I know ^_^

Applejack and Twilight, I dunno, for some reason I see them as bonding due to the fact that they're the moms of the group

Rarity and Fluttershy, established in Green isn't your color

And Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash, I see them as good friends due to the fact that they are kind of the least mature and in Gryphon the Brush Off it seemed like they bonded a lot

Edited by DashForever

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy

Rainbow Dash and Applejack

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie

Rarity with Twilight and Fluttershy

At any rate Rainbow Dash has been and is the glue that holds it all together. She has special relationships with all of the mane six except rarity and to a lesser extent twilight.

Pinkie Pie and Dashie (Da'wwwww) their friendship seems so suited for each other (not in a shipping way).

Rarity and Fluttershy: mentioned in Green Isn't Your Colour

Rainbow and Applejack: competitive spirits!

But with Twilight, I think she sees every pony in an equal level, she's still learning about friendship after all :)

Twilight and Applejack

Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash

Rarity and Fluttershy

Twi and AJ seem to share alot in common, Pinkie and RD seem to both love fun and pranks, and Rarity and Fluttershy both go to the spa together.

Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy

Rainbow Dash and Applejack

Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie

Rarity with Twilight and Fluttershy

At any rate Rainbow Dash has been and is the glue that holds it all together. She has special relationships with all of the mane six except rarity and to a lesser extent twilight.

No, it's just that the developers gave RD more screentime and oppurtunities. AJ is more of the supporter and holder gluer. XD At least from what I've seen...my opinion! :ph34r:

Hmm first of all Pinkie Pie considers everyone her friend and possibly best friends so she doesn't seem to have just one. And in my opinion Spike is Twilight's best friend, but then again he's her pet. O.O

Rainbow and Rarity have never had an episode together really so that's out. Rainbow might have stood up for Fluttershy when they were younger but that relationship seems to stop there. So I think Apple Jack and RD might have the strongest relationship but its more of a rivarly.

Rarity and Fluttershy have been proven to be best friends in "Green isn't you color", but I still don't really see it. Rarity seems to be more big sisterly to Fluttershy then a best friend, as she gives her advice sometimes.

I agree with Rarity and Fluttershy being friends. I was watching the episode Green isn't your color and I noticed. But I think Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash have been friends before the mane six came together, and although they have two completely different personalities, they always help each other out. Rainbow is the daring one, and Fluttershy is the shy one who always getting pushed around by Rainbow.

So I think those two are best friends. I'm a bit disappointed in Pinkie and Twilight (my two favorite ponies! Why! D:) because they don't seem to hang around the others much. Pinkie does at times, but Twilight is into her books all the time, it seems. Hopefully we'll see some more socializing in season 3! :)

Well its obvious that rarity and fluttershy are best friends since they have their weekly get together in Green isn't your color.

And Applejack and Rainbow dash are best friends with their always racing each other.

As for pinkie she literally just is best friends with everypony.

And twilight while friends with all the ponys is really to her self to much to really be best friends with the others or anything. Plus pinkie and twilight don't mix that well as best friends or anything. Just regular friends.

Rarity and Fluttershy were mentioned as best friends in GiyC but after that there were no episodes where they were hangging out again. Same with Rarity and Pinkie after PyHD or AJ and RD after FWF.

I'd say the only true bffs are RD and Fluttershy because of their flashbacks and references to multiple epispdes like SSCS2K or even the butterfly migration in DQ.

• 2 months later...

I like this topic so I thought I'd bump it!|

I think Twilight's best friends (besides Spike) are Applejack--since they both kind of ground the crazier ponies--and Rarity. I can't really visualize her interactions with the others. I think she has some good moments with RD but gets annoyed with her, too.

Fluttershy is closest with Rarity and Rainbow Dash, although I don't think the latter friendship is especially healthy.

Pinkie... seems to spend time with Rarity and Fluttershy. She also has a fairly strong relationship with RD, albeit I think she likes RD more than RD likes her. But I think Pinkie just likes everyone. I don't think most ponies see her depth though. I read somewhere that someone on the forum said AJ does not like Pinkie... can anyone think of an example why?

AJ is close with Twilight, Rarity (lately), and RD. I don't recall her interacting as much with the others.

RD is closest with AJ--she was so determined to get AJ back in "The Last Roundup." She's also protective (but bullying) of Fluttershy, and Pinkie to a lesser extent.

Rarity is closest with Twilight and Fluttershy, but I think she acts like a protective big sister to both at times. Also AJ lately. 

Edited by Rooish
  • Brohoof 1

Dash and Applejack are BFFs, at least in my head they are. Just something about the way they interact just shows there's a special bond there. Don't ship 'em in the least bit, but I think they're my favorite friendship in this show.

I agree with that. Rainbow Dash and Applejack are best buds, and you can just tell by the way they are always competing.  But I think Rainbow is also Pinkie's best friend mostly as well. It's kinda of a tie for me to choose from. 

For a show about friendship, some of the friendships seem a bit superficial or not very close. In fact, most of them do. I feel like many of the characters hide their feelings or vulnerabilities from each other. 

• Brohoof 1

Twilight with Applejack

Rainbow Dash with Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy

Fluttershy with Rarity and Rainbow Dash

Pinkie Pie with Rainbow Dash

Rarity with Fluttershy

Applejack with Twilight