Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

That D'AWWW Feeling

Zero000

Whenever I watch the show and see something that is either cute or just makes me really joyful for a moment, I get this strange but nice feeling.

To explain it, my heart feels like it's being squeezed by the cuteness. I can't help but grin or smile at the joy that I am watching, saying to myself "awwww!"

I think what gets to me the most is when an episode ends. The happy music plays, the characters are either smiling or laughing, and it gives it that good "Happily Ever After" feeling.

My thoughts are that it's just a nice feeling of joy that entertainment like this show can give. :lol:

What are all your thoughts on this? :huh:

• Brohoof 6

60% of that feeling is Fluttershy for me. another 20% to Pinkie, and 10% to Twi (She's such a dork :3) and then there's Rarity, AJ, and RD with the last 10%. Don't get me wrong, we're talking about "cute"

• Brohoof 1

There are moments that definitely make me squeeeeee :wub: and it's something that I have come to not question.... it makes me giggle with happiness, which I don't even have to be watching an ep to feel, just a memory of an ep will bring it on, and it does make for some interesting moments in my workplace....

I totally know what you mean. The first time I've done an audible "D'AWWWW" was in Lesson Zero when Twilight gave Spike a hug for caring about her well-being. Manly tears were shed.

• 7 months later...

I fall victim to the feels on this show all the time, and willingly seek out art and have roleplays with friends to obtain more of it. It's like a drug, man. Can't stop. I can't hold all these feels. But I'm okay with it. I'd rather be addicted to cute cuddling ponies than any number of other things I can think of.

All in all I think the show's style gives people a reason to enjoy and embrace the innocence and cuteness that the show has, instead of being afraid to. As we all know, boys "aren't supposed" to like cute things in the eyes of our stereotypical society, and I think though stereotypes are for the most part stupid, a lot of people still don't do things they might otherwise do or enjoy, just for fear of being labeled or ostracized. The sheer size of this fanbase has given those kinds of people the ability to fully embrace that softer side to them. I know I'm like that. I bucking love cute things, man.

• Brohoof 3

Well one episode got me out of my depressive state, so I do know what your getting at. I love that feeling. I actually almost never smile for my own enjoyment and My Little Pony made me so I applaud it for that.

I believe it's a mental combination of adrenaline and excitement. When RD pulled off the sonic rainboom, I felt it too.

I'm honest when I say: I fell off my chair yelling "WOOOOOOOO!" when she did it.