Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Being stupid

Beat Shock

I would like to take risks and do stupid stuff, but my body has already been through enough torture and pain to allow me to participate in such activities.

In other words I'm scared to get hurt again :/

I got a good one. A few years ago, I jumped into a rock quarry, except I jumped a few feet short and landed on the foot of the quarry before tumbling 20 more feet down into the water. I broke my leg, an arm, shattered my hand and three ribs. In fact, me hitting the foot of the quarry probably saved me. Because, unbeknownst to me at the time, a 50+ foot jump into 7ft water = death. I was really stupid. Not only was it illegal, but I almost died.

That is INSANE! Even though you jumped in there on purpose, I still have sympathy for you. HOLY COW! :o

When I was in first grade, I jumped into a 20 ft. ditch and sprained my ankle. It felt terrible, but no where NEAR what happened to you! :blush:

Once i tried to do a backflip off a 17 ft. ledge trying to be all parkour, I disloccated both of my ankles and tore a muscle in my leg. That was a very stupid thing for me to do :P

That's crazy awesome! The biggest thing I've back flipped off of was a 12 ft. tall swing set at the local park. I was thinking of doing one off of the top of a playground (about 20 ft. tall) on the last day of school, but I chickened out when I was up there. -_-

Here i got a pretty good one... Well last year in February my youth group went skiing... It was the end of the day so i decided to do 2 more runs down some pretty decent slopes Then i got the bright idea to go straight down the hill without turning... Turns out without goggles (just glasses) Your eyes will get really watery... So with this in mind i am going about 50+mph now... I forgot that at about 3/4 down the hill there are these cuts/ditches about 4-5ft deep in the hill so now that i can't see, i go flying over one of these that was sorta an 'S' bend i slam into the curve about 10 ft from the start with my skiis... my face hits the ground really hard, then my body finally touches down after about 3 flips and 20 ft later (mostly a blur) i can't find my glasses (they are still at the start of the fall) my face was all swollen and purple, i thought i broke a few vertabrae and my leg. So i do a nasty 1/2 mile hike back to the lodge (mostly up hill from my possition) Turns out I have now a concussion and whiplash so bad that my head was tilted about 30 degrees to the left for 5 months XD

I've always wanted to go skiing, and even after your story I still want to go. Maybe if that happened to me, I would still go skiing, but I am so sorry that happened to you! :blush:

Well anyway, I will share a few of my stories with you guys...

Let me think...

#1:

Recently, I broke my hand by punching a brick wall as hard as I could. (it has 5 more days of healing) Not realistic punching a wall for the heck of it, but that's what happened. Simple as that...

#2:

One time, me and my cousin went into the garage of an abandoned house. There was broken glass and random plastic items covering the floor. We noticed that there was a milk crate tied to the ceiling with two pieces of yarn, and I decided to swing in it. My cousin pushed me up to about 7 ft. before it broke and sent the crate with me in it falling to the pile of sharp stuff.

I fell down onto the junk below and didn't feel anything, my body was numb. My cousin fell backwards into a rusty 5 inch nail which impaled deep in his back. I had bruises and cuts everywhere, but the gash I didn't notice was the worst... When me and him were talking about not doing stupid things like that again, we were distracted by the first sight of my wound. I lifted up my arm to scratch my head and my cousin noticed a rip under my right arm. He yelled in horror, then I yelled in horror as I looked at it with him. The rip was about 1/3 way in through my arm, and it turned into the biggest scar I have.

#3:

I was 9 years old at a camp out with my family. I saw a snake trapped under garbage can lid thinking it was a grarter snake. I take off garbage can lid, pick it up, and drag it 200 feet to show my dad. Well when he saw it, he snatched it out of my hands, and threw it into the bushes.

"Freak, what were you doing!? That was a freaking Western Diamond back rattlesnake, you could have been killed!"

Lucky me, even putting it up to my face, it didn't bite me...

4:

I wrote a school paper on this one so I'll just post it here... You may find it entertaining though! :)

Have you ever noticed that no matter what situation, stupidity always has a cost? Sometimes it can be a cost like being grounded for month or two, but that wasn’t what I was worried about at the moment... I’m not the criminal type. You would probably understand if you knew me well enough. Maybe I can stop thinking about this day when I can truly forgive myself.

It was what the average person would call a “normal” day. I went off to school (witch was really stressful for a 7th grader) doing the things I would normally do, like not paying attention in class, or deciding NOT to do my homework when I got home. Going to school didn’t have anything to do with the incident, except for the fact that all day I thought about Stephanie, the girl I liked. Stephanie was a lovely, sweet, hotter than Megan Fox, drop dead gorgeous heck of a package. I will explain why that’s important later, but just to think, I had no idea what trouble I was going to get into.

After school, I hung out with my friends. I was with Jeffery, Jacob, and someone named Caleb, who I didn’t know very well. We were walking around talking, checking out the awesome babes as they passed by, and just telling classic, offensive rude jokes about “that one guy that was being a bum to me yesterday”. As we talked, the conversation grew to other things, until I sarcastically suggested; “Yeah, let’s go in front of the cars on state street and see what they do while we pretend fight!”.

Jeffery and Caleb knew I was joking... Jacob did not think this way though. Something weird was going on in his mind at the moment. I know that Jacob has a record for getting in trouble, and even worse, he’s probably the world’s number one smart aleck! I didn’t even have to wait 2 seconds before he said, “I like this idea, let’s see how accurate we can get to Calen’s description!”. Again, Jeffery and Caleb thought it was a joke. This time they were wrong. Jacob wanted to lead us into something that would scar us for life.

I didn’t want to do this. I told Jacob that it wasn’t right. He said that we didn’t have to do it, and he didn’t really call us chickens or anything. That was his plan to tempt us. He wanted to make it seem like it wasn’t that much of a deal, and tried to take away any peer pressure that would repel us. I still didn’t give in. Jacob started walking towards the road, going with his plan. He thought that this was just a way teenagers had fun. I suddenly got a sick feeling in my stomach.

No way I was going to do that. That was suicide! I stared helplessly as my friend stood their in the road, waiting for the cars to start coming. Caleb didn’t say anything. He backed up away from the sidewalk giving the impression that he didn’t know us. Jeff looked like he wanted to join him, but he decided to stand and watch with me. Jacob then yelled at me. “Calen, come on! Pretend you’re beating me up!”. I said that I didn’t want to get in trouble. We argued and argued, until suddenly I see Stephanie and her friend Sarah walking by.

The girl I was thinking about all day at school, was walking towards my friends and I. Maybe, if I joined Jacob, Stephanie would think I was crazy, but crazy in a sexy way. I quickly made my next move by yelling at Jacob. “Fine, I’ll join you!”. I over dramatically ran out to the middle of the road hoping Stephanie would see me. I drooped to the middle of the hot street, heated by the hot sun, standing over the hot skies. I found myself waiting for the cars with Jacob, then I found myself waiting for trouble.

The traffic area was holding a load of vehicles ready to move this direction. Stephanie and Sarah finally spotted us. One of them yelled “What the heck are you doing?!”. The adrenaline rushing through my veins force me to ignore their words. I wasn’t thinking about them. I was thinking about my fate, and the fact that this might be my fate. The traffic light in the distance turned green. Stephanie and Sarah left in fear of our survival. The cars were heading straight for us from only about 400 feet away... they kept coming closer.

*BEEP BEEP* The cars had gotten to a dangerous distance. I could see the sweat coming off from the right side of Jacob’s brow. I saw the confused faces of the drivers morph into shock. I was able to see the bottom of the car wheels flatten slightly from the vigorous weight of the vehicles. I could see the dry road shrivel up as I ignored Jacob. The words that came out of Jacob’s mouth seemed had a deep, low pitch to it. He yelled at me. “Start the fake fight!”. I remembered about what he said earlier. His words finally pulled me away from my daze so I grabbed him, threw him on the ground, and started to throw a mouth full of violent but fake punches. When the cars were really close, they would stop and honk at us. The angered divers sounded like air horns and whoopee cushions. Every time they would honk at us, I would run back to the sidewalk chickened out, as Jacob would stay in the road and taunt the drivers, then I would come back out for more. We repeated this as My friends refused to join us. Amazingly, I started having fun! Of course, that fun didn’t last. Because after a few minutes, in the middle of our activity, we heard a police car pull up in the parking lot right next to the sidewalk where Jeffery and Caleb were watching. The metal door opened violently.

His voice was like fingernails on a chock board. “WHAT THE H*** ARE YOU DOING!?!?” We were in a lot of trouble. I noticed the shocked expression he had. I could tell he wasn’t happy... “ALL FOUR OF YOU, HANDS ON THE HOOD!!” Hands on the hood was a scary sentence. I felt like I just robbed a bank. I was more frightened than I have ever been in my life. Of course, we all rushed over and did exactly what he told us to do. “Do one of you boys have any idea why this is the STUPIDEST THING IV’E SEEN A TEENAGER DO IN MY ENTIRE CAREER??” We tried to avoid eye contact... “YOU LOOK AT MY FACE WHEN I’M TALKING TO YOU!” We forced ourselves to look up at him. “Now the first one who smiles is going to jail!” He took a couple seconds. I didn’t know if the heat I was feeling was from his car, or from my guilt. He stood straight up, then came around asking us for our names, our phone numbers, and our addresses. Jacob was the last one he asked... “Address?” Jacob got a smart look on his face. Then he stated; “I just barley moved, and I haven’t memorized my house address yet-” The cop interrupted. “Oh, excuses! GET IN THE CAR!” At this moment, I really wanted my parents. I really wanted to cry.

With Jacob in the car, and our fates to be decided, Caleb’s mom comes first. She talked with the police man, and they got the information that Caleb wasn’t involved. The same thing happened with Jeffrey. When Jacob’s mom came over and found out what had happened, she looked miserable. The cop had a private, and rather long talk with her. He actually let Jacob go. It was only me now. I waited and waited, scared. I saw Stephanie and Sarah in the distance frowning at me. That made me feel bad.

Finally, after waiting for what seemed to be an hour, my dad shows up. He also spoke with the cop, but I heard this conversation. The police man told my dad that he didn’t want me to go to jail, and that I’m not the criminal type. The police man came up to me when he was done talking to my dad, then told me softly “I was really upset when I saw you out there, because you could have died. Did you know that I’ve received 17 phone calls in those 2 short minutes that you were out there?” That was a lot of calls. I apologized to him because of that. He let me go home with my dad, and I came back feeling like a different person. That was a very scary moment. Ever since then, I have been more careful of my actions. I decided not to get in trouble with the Orem Police Department ever again.

____________________________________________________________________________________

The police man was actually pointing a gun at us, but I couldn't mention that because it was a paper for school.

Well those are a few of my stories, sorry if their too long. I have a lot more but I just chose to tell you 4 of them.

Carry on, bronies! B)

• 6 years later...

Well my most recent act of stupidity that caused me minor physical harm was when I fell out of the bed of my truck while trying to....dance...in it. :sealed: 

And no I wasn't drunk. 100% sober and this is how I behave. :mlp_laugh:

I once snuck in my parent's home in 3am... just to grab my game charger that I left behind. I might've done this more than once. :sealed:

2 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Well my most recent act of stupidity that caused me minor physical harm was when I fell out of the bed of my truck while trying to....dance...in it. :sealed: 

And no I wasn't drunk. 100% sober and this is how I behave. :mlp_laugh:

You sure you aren't like Pinkie Pie? :laugh:

11 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

You sure you aren't like Pinkie Pie? :laugh:

I am in a way. :mlp_laugh: I'd say I'm a very even mix of Applejack, Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. 

• Brohoof 1

If I were to list the amount of stupid things I've done, we'd probably be here all day. The most stupid? I locked myself out my own house once, after I went for a walk. To try and get back in, I jumped the fence so I could get to my backyard - the fence was impossible to climb from the other side, so it was really a one way trip. I thought I could get in from the sliding door at the back, but it turns out that was locked as well. At this point I was pretty much stranded in my backyard. So, I watched TV from the window for at least half an hour, before my parents returned home, only to see the awkward situation I had gotten myself into.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I've had a lot of episodes of idiocy in my life but the worst was when I took 15 minutes to try to figure out how to open a f***ing door. Yes, I stood there for 15 or 20 minutes staring at the door repeatedly attempting to open it, and doing it wrong. I wasn't drunk or on a hangover or anything. I legitimately had NO idea how to open the DOOR! :laugh: I mean yeah I was sleep-deprived because it was a hotel (and I can't usually sleep well in hotel rooms), but nonetheless it was probably a treat for the others in the room to watch me struggling to figure out how to open the door after my attempts woke them up.

Edited by ~Angel Dust~

9 minutes ago, ~Angel Dust~ said:

I've had a lot of episodes of idiocy in my life but the worst was when I took 15 minutes to try to figure out how to open a f***ing door. Yes, I stood there for 15 or 20 minutes staring at the door repeatedly attempting to open it, and doing it wrong. I wasn't drunk or on a hangover or anything. I legitimately had NO idea how to open the DOOR! :laugh: I mean yeah I was sleep-deprived because it was a hotel (and I can't usually sleep well in hotel rooms), but nonetheless it was probably a treat for the others in the room to watch me struggling to figure out how to open the door after my attempts woke them up.

Oh, dude. This is nothing compared to the fact that, when I was 12-13, IT TOOK ME 3 FREAKING HOURS TO TRY AND PUT ON A RUBBER GLOVE.

1 minute ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Oh, dude. This is nothing compared to the fact that, when I was 12-13, IT TOOK ME 3 FREAKING HOURS TO TRY AND PUT ON A RUBBER GLOVE.

Oh I wasn't 12 or 13. I was like 17 or 18 when that happened.

The craziest thing I've ever done was when I had a fourwheeler and I went over a huge pile of sand. Unfortunately when I went over my hand gripped tightly to the gas and I plowed through the swing. Luckily I wasn't injured and I didn't damage the swing, but it was that accident that lost me the fourwheeler.

Just to be clear, I'm not talking about the kiddie swings, I'm talking about one of these things.

Spoiler

wood-porch-swing-with-stand-wooden-bench

• Brohoof 2