Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your name? Love it or hate it, and why?

MLP Nick

Yaroslav Alexandrovich Marchenko

It's lesser then 100 characters :(

My personal name Yaroslav.

Friends can call me Yarik.

Sometimes people tries to call me Slava, but I hate it :)

And there three reasons why:

1. Slava on Russian means "Glory" I think it's strange to call someone Glory :) , but yes my name from ancient Slavic can be transleted as "One who glorifies the Yarilo" (Yarilo ancient god of sun, spring and fertility).

2. A lot of names could be shortened as Slava (Rodoslav, Rostislav, Vladislav, Svyatoslav, etc.)

3. Then I was a kid no one called me Slava so i'm not used to it.

Hell, now it's much more then 100 characters :D

Oh, if somepony could tell me how difficult my name for native English speakers I would be happy. (Sometimes I dont know how to represent myself for new people)

My full name is Mark Steven Robinson and I'm usually called Mark. My dad calls me number 11 because when I was a baby I always wore a shirt with 11 on it. The recruiter that got me into the Air Force called me Marcus. I've gone by FireFox since 10th grade (1987-88) on bbs's, Compuserve, etc.

My name is Vachelle. I go by Shelley because every time I tell people my name, they think I say Michelle, Rochelle, Lachelle.... My own grandpa(who I love dearly), thought my name was Michelle until I was in my late teens. It's always been easier to go by Shelley :D

Well my name is Lee..... If you can think of a decent nick name that is shorter than that.. then you will have gained my full respect ;) ... a great many have tried and an equal amount have failed.... But yeah... personally I dont really like my name.... Kinda boring I guess.... So I prefer going by Valureon or even just Val....

Angie's name is Angela

my online friends all call me Angie and find the name Angela to be too boring for me

my real life friends all call me Angela and find the name Angie to be too cute for me

people who aren't my friends call me Ang and I hate it because it's a one syllable name and I hate one syllable names

the only nickname I've ever had that stuck is Badtouch

also, if I for some reason become friends with you, and your name or username is one syllable long, expect me to lengthen it

My name's Jared. It's an awful name. Especially when anyone over the age of fifty calls me Jerry at first :(

I really hate my name, so call me it, and I'll kill you.

;D

Haha, why hello there, Jared! I hope you like cello bows, because if you even try to get close to me, I'll stick one in your throat.

;D

Edited by Devious Detonation
  • Brohoof 2

I won't tell you my current name, but I can tell you my old one. Mikhail Loskov.

I got it changed when I was little because it 'sounded too Eastern'.

That's a shame. It's a pretty sweet name, I'd say.

My name is Chris. Imagine that. :o

Chris Peterson. Chris P. Crispy. Not a difficult leap.

• Brohoof 2

My name is Conner, which is a ridiculously common name. Seriously, I know like 12 people with that name. Though there are lots of different spellings. Connor, Conor, etc. Annoyingly enough, everybody seems to spell it wrong unless I specifically inform them of how to spell it upon meeting them :/

Hey sup, my name is SKRILLEX Cameron. Yeah, preeeeetty awesome stuff right there.

Usually, unless I know you well enough, I prefer going by McMuffin from pretty much anyone online. I just thought that maybe knowing my first name would be a courteous formality.

Because people on here are chill and awesome and such.

Well my name is Lee..... If you can think of a decent nick name that is shorter than that.. then you will have gained my full respect ;) ... a great many have tried and an equal amount have failed.... But yeah... personally I dont really like my name.... Kinda boring I guess.... So I prefer going by Valureon or even just Val....

L. You could be called L.

My name is Viktor.

It mean ''Winner'' and i think that pretty much describes me :3

My second name is Daniel. No idea what it means but its one awesome name.

Daniel means "God's judge", or "Who in the name of God does justice"

Now onto my name... which is Zachary Alexander Barber. Thus you get "Zachzab", the "ZAB" being my initials. Humorously enough, no one gets my name right. Ever. I've had magazine companies put "Zackary" "Zachery" "Zackery" even "Zakeri" as my name. EVEN WHEN THEY KNOW MY NAME. And I've only had two people ever refer to me as "Zach" correctly. It really bugged me when I first got Google Chrome that apparently "Zach" isn't even a word by default. I mean... REALLY?

Everybody calls me Zach, when gets confusing because I know another Zach, a Zachary, and a Zack. One guy calls me "Zacho" which is the fastest way to tick me off, and I've been called "Zachie/Zachy" a few times, which ticks me off when I don't even like the person who says that to me. Some people call me "Big Zach" or "Awesome Zach" as a way to know they're talking to me and not the other Zach [who know it's a joke when they're called "Little Zach" or "Less Awesome Zach"].

• Brohoof 1

I took the name Artemis from one of my favorite (possibly second on the list) fictional characters of all time: Artemis Entreri. My real name, Eric, is a bit boring.

My name is Conner, which is a ridiculously common name. Seriously, I know like 12 people with that name. Though there are lots of different spellings. Connor, Conor, etc. Annoyingly enough, everybody seems to spell it wrong unless I specifically inform them of how to spell it upon meeting them :/

Connor is the most common spelling. I've honestly never seen it spelled as it is for you. And I can never hear the name without thinking of Connor MacLeod or John Connor.

My name is Jacob. Jake works just as well. I don't care which one I am called by. I do not prefer 'Jakey', or this,,, other nickname I used to be called, which I would be a little embarrassed to share...

My name is Cody, although people are always calling my Cory by mistake, which can get annoying but oh well...

Its spelled with a D guys... :(

I'm surprised there aren't more Michaels on this forum.

Yes, my name is Michael, or Mike. But never call me by my name.

Don't ask about my last name, even though it's on my profile :/

I am a Michael too, although I usually go by the less popular "Mikey" IRL.

I don't mind being called that or Mike 'round here. It doesn't bother me too much. Anonymity is not a big priority for me on these boards, surprisingly.

• Brohoof 2

Real name? My name is Jonathan. And while we're at it, have a full name: Jonathan Dominick Pagan Rivera. Woo!

Kind of a boring name, but it's alright. I don't mind what people call me, any nickname is fine by me. 30% of my friends call me Johnny, my brony friends, which would be like another 30-40% call me Trixie, and the rest call me Jonathan =P. At times people have nicknamed me 'Pony' without knowing I like MLP - it happened when we were messing with spoonerisms, and my name became "Ponathan Jagan", which they shortened to "Pony". Eeyup.

Personally I think Valentine would have been a really cool name to have.

Edited by Trixie Lulamoon